Questions and articles - page 2

xxDavidxSxx:
Cool, thanks for the info.

I would run a scalping EA on FXDD (just for testing if they'd allow it)but I don't want to have restrictions placed on my good accounts. I need them to make my living.

Hi Dave,

I trade CT (H1) on FXDD live account. No problems, no error messages. However only a few trades. I try M30 now on FXDD demo: no problems until now.

edit: But CT is hidden (file name, copyright, comments)

What is CT? Currency Trading or an EA...? Newby here...

DollarShort:
What is CT? Currency Trading or an EA...? Newby here...

Cyberia Trader = An EA, look in the thread "great EA in backtests"

Thanx YupYup!

Fxdd

Oh and forgot to mention, i emailed FXDD yesterday asking them how long a positition had to be held for, they basically said that a position has not time on how long it had to be held for. So does this mean that they allow scalping??? I think it does... Would i ask them if they allow scalping??? No, why would i do that when they told me there is no minimum time limit for a postions to be held.

Oh and asked them about trading news, they said that trading news is fine with them...

Just thought i would post this incase anyone wanted to know.

interesting...

I wonder if anyone had problems with FXDD in regards to delay with the server when the EA send the request to open an order in a REAL account...

I am testing in a Demo Account with CyberiaTrader 1.85g in Alpari and apparently the orders take 1 second to be placed...

Does anyone know the delay of FXDD in Real and Demo accounts?

thanks

I too am interested in running a scalper on rea real account and have sent the following question to FXDD:

" I'm interested in a real (mini) trading account, but I have a few questions.

I'm mainly interested in using my own expert adviser to do the trading for me.

My strategy makes about 30 trades per day (on a demo account) and takes

small profits 3 - 10 pips per trade. Is this OK with you? What is the minimum deposit to open a mini account?"

This is the answer I received:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us. Your expert advisor strategy will have no problem running on our platforms. The minimum deposit for a mini account is $500.

Regards,

Michael Raimondi

Sales/Customer Service

75 Park Place, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10007

Tel: 212.791.3950

Fax: 212.937.3845

mraimondi@fxdd.com

www.fxdd.com

nix:
I too am interested in running a scalper on rea real account and have sent the following question to FXDD:

" I'm interested in a real (mini) trading account, but I have a few questions.

I'm mainly interested in using my own expert adviser to do the trading for me.

My strategy makes about 30 trades per day (on a demo account) and takes

small profits 3 - 10 pips per trade. Is this OK with you? What is the minimum deposit to open a mini account?"

This is the answer I received:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us. Your expert advisor strategy will have no problem running on our platforms. The minimum deposit for a mini account is $500.

Regards,

Michael Raimondi

Sales/Customer Service

75 Park Place, 4th Floor

New York, NY 10007

Tel: 212.791.3950

Fax: 212.937.3845

mraimondi@fxdd.com

www.fxdd.com

Thats cool.

I also sent my own email to FXDD:

Hello,

I am opening a Real account, but I have to be sure about three points:

1. What is the basic spread for EUR/USD? (2, 3, 4?)

2. How do work the spreads' rate change for EUR/USD and the maximum it could get?

3. What is the maximal number of trades per day?

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your inquiry to fxdd. The Basic Spread on the EUR/USD is two points . It can be 3 during the asian session as there is a lack of liquidity. We do not enter the rates so we have no control over the maximum spreads during volatile times.

There is no maximum number of trades our clients are allowed in a given day.

Please feel free to contact us at any time.

heh...

The thing is, you can scalp.

but the spread could be "out of control" when the volatility gets high...

it must be a careful work to see if it's (to work with scalpers) profitable or not then...

but even so...

unlimited trades lol...

BrazilianTrader:
Thats cool.

I also sent my own email to FXDD:

Hello,

I am opening a Real account, but I have to be sure about three points:

1. What is the basic spread for EUR/USD? (2, 3, 4?)

2. How do work the spreads' rate change for EUR/USD and the maximum it could get?

3. What is the maximal number of trades per day?

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your inquiry to fxdd. The Basic Spread on the EUR/USD is two points . It can be 3 during the asian session as there is a lack of liquidity. We do not enter the rates so we have no control over the maximum spreads during volatile times.

There is no maximum number of trades our clients are allowed in a given day.

Please feel free to contact us at any time.

heh...

The thing is, you can scalp.

but the spread could be "out of control" when the volatility gets high...

it must be a careful work to see if it's (to work with scalpers) profitable or not then...

but even so...

unlimited trades lol...

the spread stays the same at most times. Not like other brokers. If the spread widens it is very breifly. I have not noticed euro$ at 3 spread. If it does its for a split second.(even durring news)

Fxdd allows TP to be placed 2x the spread. Thats 4 pips target on euro$ if using a tp. But CT uses no TP so the order can be exited at any time.

I have been trading full time on fxdd for months now and have never had any problems with taking scalps.

xxDavidxSxx:
the spread stays the same at most times. Not like other brokers. If the spread widens it is very breifly. I have not noticed euro$ at 3 spread. If it does its for a split second.(even durring news)

Fxdd allows TP to be placed 2x the spread. Thats 4 pips target on euro$ if using a tp. But CT uses no TP so the order can be exited at any time.

I have been trading full time on fxdd for months now and have never had any problems with taking scalps.

Indeed, that's good to know... but CT isn't much good when we talk about Scalpers;

Terminator is a good one, but a friend of mine sent another called "Niceprofit" that is a Real Scalper, whose target is around 7 pips making insane number of trades daily;

Sadly, I got the Ex4 file and couldn't analyse it with Templar (we are pretty busy these days and also testing CT1.93b), but I am looking for the mq4 with the friend who sent me Niceprofit.ex4;

On its parameters, you can control pip targeting, stoploss and number of trades (it is a multitrade scalper, go figure the number of trades this kid does... lol);

As soon as I get the mq4, I'll open a specific Thread to discuss that scalper;

Heh, despite the good news about FXDD being okay with scalpers and their spread be almost "static", as Dave said, I still don't believe on Scalpers' results... they seem so ludicrous...