Dolly system - page 86

mrtools thanks, that really helps. I changed max bars in window to 15,000 but that didn't help. I changed max bars in history to 15,000 and that really helped. Thanks!

I've seen quite a lot of graphs and pictures with Dolly with different settings but it sometimes makes false moves and after seeing so many different configurations I'm quite confused.

I'd really appretiate (I am sure everyone will) if the author of this system could make another thread and post in the first post:

1. Current version of the Dolly indicator

2. All indicators that should be used with this system (recommended?)

3. Clear strategy, explanation, "how to use", FAQ or anything that explains how to set up and run Dolly.

4. EA if any, older EAs.

5. Test results, backtest results, forward test results, real trade results. In pips.

Thanks a lot, cja!!

cja:
To just change Text size would not have helped you as the Text would have still covered the same area except the gaps between lines and words would have been larger, i have changed the Text to a smaller size and closed up the gaps as small as i can, i don't think you can go any smaller and still read it clearly. I hope this serves your purpose.

cja

Dolly Window

alwizbme:
hi cja..

great job wt further mod dolly, been wondering where are linuxser & ign... anyhow could it possible to have dolly's comment in a separate windows.. kinda like the TSR daily range... at least for the buy zone & sell zone comments...

thanks...

UPDATED

Here is the Dolly Window again and now you do not need the separate window, i have checked it and everything seems to be working fine

Take note you must load the Dolly indicator 1st as the Dolly window will always be the 1st indicator window, you can use that to your advantage and load the G#MACD Trading signals 1st and the Dolly info will be in the same window as per attached screenshot.

Enjoy

cja

dolly_graphics_v10_window.mq4

Re Dolly window

alwizbme:
great... thanks cja...

Sorry to mess you around - the updated indicator is on Post 838 - no separate window indicator is needed now. Orignally i did not do it this way because sometimes there are conflicts between the indicator on the chart and the Text in the window however all appears fine and it ran well today with no problems.

Just load it over the existing indicator or if you want to retain the separate window 2 indicator system just rename the new one when you save it.

cja

I think I missed something. Do I need to download another file (G#MACD) besides Dolly?

I just downloaded dolly , I just downloaded Dolly_graphic_v10_window,

Is that what is all required right?

In addition I am using some other indicators like EMA , RSI and Stoch .

In Dolly I opened three different charts for today and saw that it neither touched the buy neither the sell for any , Is that normal ? Buy & Sell points are intentionally set so high and low ?

By the way I am newbie so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

cruise:
Hi Forum

Thanks go to the authors of this system, i have been using Dolly for a week or so and have found it to be a very useful trading tool, keeping it simple and uncluttered is the way to go, as you can see by the att chart, the trade history is 2 losses and 6 wins, demo acc, thats all the time i have had to trade, so as a result i will be going live tonight on my mini acc, being in OZZ i trade mostly the European open close.

cheers

cruise

Hi cruise !

The absolute strength histogram indicator looks very good !! where i can find it? can you post it here, please ?

Tks. in advance.

"Is that what is all required right?"

Almost. Also I'd recommend using GMACD signals.

"Is that normal?"

Yep, thats quite normal for a pivot system. Though I don't get how did that happen - I got lots of signals today.

"Buy & Sell points are intentionally set so high and low?"

They are not "so high and low". Thats pretty normal for pivots.

If you want to set it up nicely, I'd recommend using a dolly window 10 and dolly 10 and GMACD signals. This way you know your targets, levels, current trend.

If traded using brains, this system works good.

Need help? Ask!

Where can I download the latest version of GMACD? and can you create an EA for this?

Shinigami:
"Is that what is all required right?"

Almost. Also I'd recommend using GMACD signals.

"Is that normal?"

Yep, thats quite normal for a pivot system. Though I don't get how did that happen - I got lots of signals today.

"Buy & Sell points are intentionally set so high and low?"

They are not "so high and low". Thats pretty normal for pivots.

If you want to set it up nicely, I'd recommend using a dolly window 10 and dolly 10 and GMACD signals. This way you know your targets, levels, current trend.

If traded using brains, this system works good.

Need help? Ask!

I'm looking for an EA for Dolly too but there isn't one yet.

If there is, please somebody upload it! There was an EA using older version though.

Uploading GMACD (the one I have)

I prefer using only GMACD trading signals because GMACD 2 hangs up MT4 almost all the time (totally unusable)

If it works slowly - go to settings, graphs and set max bars in history and in window to 2000 otherwise it will be slow no matter what PC you have.

Files: