Position Trading. - page 2

Shahzadfx:
I have some more trading ideas. I will make sure this time to close half of my position with handsome amount of pips and left half to enjoy the swing.

Risk and return matter should be key here. Right now my 5000 equity is more then that as i close one of my position G/C with some profit but still for R/R function i will leave 5000 as base. Right now it is going to be more then 20% risk of my equity, however, i don't know how many position will open. So minimum i am looking at 10% total risk. Still my one position is open.

Bye,

SFX

Only eur/cad has opened. I am cancelling other two. I 'm putting one E/J buy stop pending order.

Overall two position are opened.

Right now N/U (Lot 0.3 I closed 0.2 lot b/4) is at +120, and E/C (Lot 1.00) -14.

New pending order:

EJ buy stop 0.5 lot @148.38 SL 147.45 TP open.

Rgds,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
Only eur/cad has opened. I am cancelling other two. I 'm putting one E/J buy stop pending order.

Overall two position are opened.

Right now N/U (Lot 0.3 I closed 0.2 lot b/4) is at +120, and E/C (Lot 1.00) -14.

New pending order:

EJ buy stop 0.5 lot @148.38 SL 147.45 TP open.

Rgds,

SFX

My E/J is almost +100 right now, E/C is at +50 right now, half of N/U is open at +83. I am thinking about closing down half of E/J almost at +100 pips.

After closing E/J my total pips count will be almost more then +200 pips. I will report exact pips count after lookin at my last posts every after month or so.

Total pips count uptil now is more then +200 and my floating pips are more then +300. I hope most of us will realize, we can do position trading, still we will be expecting huge stop losses too. Its all happening in the trading world and we should accept it.

Rgds,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
My E/J is almost +100 right now, E/C is at +50 right now, half of N/U is open at +83. I am thinking about closing down half of E/J almost at +100 pips.

After closing E/J my total pips count will be almost more then +200 pips. I will report exact pips count after lookin at my last posts every after month or so.

Total pips count uptil now is more then +200 and my floating pips are more then +300. I hope most of us will realize, we can do position trading, still we will be expecting huge stop losses too. Its all happening in the trading world and we should accept it.

Rgds,

SFX

I m taking G/U pending order. Please see attach pic to find it out.

I will appreciate any input. Please.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
sep12_trade.gif  17 kb

I am busy with my other engagements right now,however, my two possition stop out on breakeven. G/U intiated. Going good.

Rgds,

SFX

Shahzadfx:
I am busy with my other engagements right now,however, my two possition stop out on breakeven. G/U intiated. Going good.

Rgds,

SFX

Here are my two trades still open and profitable. Don't have good setup right now to take more trades.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:
untitled.gif  7 kb

Hello, I like your style, very similar to mine, I'm interested in your main criteria for taking a position and would be happy to share my experiences..

Oh and I love pictures. Over trading is the Devil for me and I always like to have a position but find I often kill the pofits to fast! (still learning)

Care to share your strategies? I know that you had indicated you use different strategies for trading, just like myself, but I don't think that is ever a good way to trade since one should stick with one or two else will get lost especially when one contradicts the other. Keep up the good work....

Thank you for your post, are you talking about two contradicting positions or systems. Like if I m taking E/U short and G/U long, are they contradicting. I do consider this aspect. The only thing I like to care is to take the best setup. Trading is all about mind game. Some time bad trading strategies with good mind game (mm and good setup) is making money.

I trade on long term. I tried different strategies short term but due to time constrain now I day trade.

jackjones, learning is continues process, like TQM. If someone says he is done with his system means that his trading future is about to at end. Market is so dynamic, we have to adjust our strategies to accommodate with market changes. I don't rank traders as beginner, intermediate, and advance. I rank traders based on maturity. Some traders get mature within no time some takes years. It is all about how quick you become mature, and maturity is all about mind game. Get the trading styles which suited you get mature with that and make money. Trading is for making money not for losing, and one more thing we can not control market but we can control our discipline and money mgmt.

Get any trading strategies get mature with that and you will see it is for you.

Regards,

SFX

My both positions are going good. Right now I m fixing to take E/G position.

Rgds,

SFX

Files:

Shahzadfx:
Thank you for your post, are you talking about two contradicting positions or systems. Like if I m taking E/U short and G/U long, are they contradicting. I do consider this aspect. The only thing I like to care is to take the best setup. Trading is all about mind game. Some time bad trading strategies with good mind game (mm and good setup) is making money.

I trade on long term. I tried different strategies short term but due to time constrain now I day trade.

jackjones, learning is continues process, like TQM. If someone says he is done with his system means that his trading future is about to at end. Market is so dynamic, we have to adjust our strategies to accommodate with market changes. I don't rank traders as beginner, intermediate, and advance. I rank traders based on maturity. Some traders get mature within no time some takes years. It is all about how quick you become mature, and maturity is all about mind game. Get the trading styles which suited you get mature with that and make money. Trading is for making money not for losing, and one more thing we can not control market but we can control our discipline and money mgmt.

Get any trading strategies get mature with that and you will see it is for you.

Regards,

SFX

I agree 100%! ... I wish I was able to put it all into words sometimes but yes. The mind games will destroy you (position trading) and I don't mean to sound paranoid either. I think part of it is to over come the fear that you feel when it's not working as you expect. All you can do is adapt and if that means taking a "contradicting position" then I will as not all pairs are 100% correlated and not all pairs will continue to be... e/u g/u long and short though is a bit silly.