Solar wind - page 3

firedave:
Hi Dave, did you try to declare sw_buy and sw_sell before start() so the variable could be use on function ? Hope this help

Yes I did firedave.

iscuba11:
I am confused. Why can I not make it into a scomment so I can watch the value change on the screen??

Dave

<<<

Hi Dave,

I think the point of the message was to isolate the components to see ifsw_buy=iCustom(NULL,0,"Solar Wind-a",period,1,0);

is actually being set to something. BUT, as I reread your message it looks like you aren't having PROBLEMS getting it to show up, but rather are just asking for coding help to add the information. I think we all jumped to the conclusion that you had added it, but it wasn't working.

Anyway, to add it to the code, just do:

void subPrintDetails()

{

string sComment="";string sp="----------------------------------------\n";string NL="\n";string sDirection="";

if (

sw_buy_cur>0)sDirection="UP";

if (

sw_sell_cur<0)sDirection="DOWN";sComment="SOLAR WIND EA"+NL;sComment=sComment+"TakeProfit="+DoubleToStr(TakeProfit,0) +" | ";sComment=sComment+"TrailingStop="+DoubleToStr(TrailingStop,0) +" | ";sComment=sComment+"StopLoss="+DoubleToStr(StopLoss,0) +NL;sComment=sComment+sp;sComment=sComment+"Solar Wind Direction="+sDirection+" | ";sComment=sComment+"Lots="+DoubleToStr(Ilo,2) +" | ";sComment=sComment+"LastTrade="+DoubleToStr(TradeLast,0) +" | ";sComment=sComment+"MM="+DoubleToStr(mm,0) +" | ";sComment=sComment+"Risk="+DoubleToStr(Risk,0) +"%"+NL;sComment=sComment+"Trade="+DoubleToStr((CntOrd(OP_BUY,MagicNumber)+CntOrd(OP_SELL,MagicNumber)),0) +NL;

sComment = sComment + "SW_Buy=" + sw_buy + NL;

sComment=sComment+sp;Comment(sComment); }

Does that help?

Cheers,

CS

Thank You Cubesteak. And also Boo!

Dave

<<<

Solar Wind Ea

Hi all,

Does anyone know if an EA has been created using the solar wind indicator? I am simply looking for one that will buy (above 0.00) and sell (below 0.00) based on this indicator that has a trailing stop option.

If anyone knows if this has been created, or is willing to create it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Files:
solarwind.gif  15 kb

abd don't forget .... ADXcrosses

ADXcrosses ....

Is a good one to add to the mix here. Leaves dots for the early moves and works very well with some of the other indicators you have listed here. IMO

Get it free here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9330

I am aware of the repainting thing with Solar Wind. I haven't looked into it although maybe that can't be fixed. I did add something very small to it in case anyone wants to use it, I added the currency it's attached to and also the period displayed in the short name.

Ha! thanks, Nit!

Great, there is parralell developement in zor v.1 ruzgar thread

check it out

crosslink:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178141/page2

can't wait untill market open 4 real-time test

OK, another guy in another thread fixed its redrawing tendencies and I slapped in my little mod so here is the fixed file with the mod.