Solar wind - page 2

PeaceLover

To get you started I have included Silver Trend that gives buy sell signals. Test the system in 30min charts on GBP US during day trading hours 6 am - 11 am if possible. Awesome and triggerlines are red in selling and blue in buying. JMA slope gives an indication of flat and good trading conditions, and usually all indicators will match. Usually its best to wait for the price to cross triggerlines before you enter a trade. You can use a buy limit or sell stop placing the trade on triggerlines or wait for the cross. Test this system in a demo for at least a month profitably before trading live.

Files:

richx7:
PeaceLover To get you started I have included Silver Trend that gives buy sell signals. Test the system in 30min charts on GBP US during day trading hours 6 am - 11 am if possible. Awesome and triggerlines are red in selling and blue in buying. JMA slope gives an indication of flat and good trading conditions, and usually all indicators will match. Usually its best to wait for the price to cross triggerlines before you enter a trade. You can use a buy limit or sell stop placing the trade on triggerlines or wait for the cross. Test this system in a demo for at least a month profitably before trading live.

This indicator also repaints like most indicators. Good visually, no good for EA.

These indicators are not for making EAs but for live trading manually. I came across the Lab Trend (coded by Igorad) with an alert when colors change, and it has high low lines too. It is similar to Silver trend but looks like it may be better for trading live. I tested it in 1 min charts, and it doesn't seem to repaint previous bars.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249

The Fisher m11 (solar) that I posted doesn't repaint and can be used for an EA.

Files:

iscuba11:
This indicator also repaints like most indicators. Good visually, no good for EA.

So you use it in an EA? IF so what time frame?

richx7:
PeaceLover To get you started I have included Silver Trend that gives buy sell signals. Test the system in 30min charts on GBP US during day trading hours 6 am - 11 am if possible. Awesome and triggerlines are red in selling and blue in buying. JMA slope gives an indication of flat and good trading conditions, and usually all indicators will match. Usually its best to wait for the price to cross triggerlines before you enter a trade. You can use a buy limit or sell stop placing the trade on triggerlines or wait for the cross. Test this system in a demo for at least a month profitably before trading live.

Do you use this in an EA, If so what time frame?

Help me get the sw_buy value to display!

sw_buy=iCustom(NULL,0,"Solar Wind-a",period,1,0);

//----------------------- PRINT COMMENT FUNCTION

void subPrintDetails()

{

string sComment = "";

string sp = "----------------------------------------\n";

string NL = "\n";

string sDirection = "";

if (sw_buy_cur>0) sDirection="UP";

if (sw_sell_cur<0) sDirection="DOWN";

sComment = "SOLAR WIND EA" + NL;

sComment = sComment + "TakeProfit=" + DoubleToStr(TakeProfit,0) + " | ";

sComment = sComment + "TrailingStop=" + DoubleToStr(TrailingStop,0) + " | ";

sComment = sComment + "StopLoss=" + DoubleToStr(StopLoss,0) + NL;

sComment = sComment + sp;

sComment = sComment + "Solar Wind Direction=" + sDirection + " | ";

sComment = sComment + "Lots=" + DoubleToStr(Ilo,2) + " | ";

sComment = sComment + "LastTrade=" + DoubleToStr(TradeLast,0) + " | ";

sComment = sComment + "MM=" + DoubleToStr(mm,0) + " | ";

sComment = sComment + "Risk=" + DoubleToStr(Risk,0) + "%" + NL;

sComment = sComment + "Trade=" + DoubleToStr((CntOrd(OP_BUY,MagicNumber)+CntOrd(OP_SELL,MagicNumber)),0) + NL;

sComment = sComment + sp;

Comment(sComment);

}

I am not familiar with this type of display verbage for an ea. I would like the value of sw_buy to display at the very end of the display so that I can confirm what is being inputed. Would you assist me?

Dave <<<

to do this, you should use the "Print" function. the function you have made, however, doesn't compile in a system that does on it's own, so i'm assuming you have fixed that issue outside of the function.

Print("sw equals", sw);

I am confused. Why can I not make it into a scomment so I can watch the value change on the screen??

Dave

<<<

Hi Dave, did you try to declare sw_buy and sw_sell before start() so the variable could be use on function ? Hope this help

iscuba11:
I am confused. Why can I not make it into a scomment so I can watch the value change on the screen??

Dave

<<<

you said you wanted to determine wether or not it was giving you the input you want, the print function is visible in the journal section, it is what i would do. to use the scomment, which you can, all you have to do is define the scomment, which i already see done. correct me if i'm wrong, but your trying to have the computer tell you if the price is going up or down right?

the reason i would reccomend using the print is because if it isn't leaving a comment at the top of the screen, i can only guess a handfull of problems. one that you haven't defined scomment as a comment, another one might be that your custom indicator being used doesn't compile, there could be a multiple number of reasons. if you can actually get the ea onto the screen and see it, that only leaves a few guesses to what the problem may be, print is what i use to help me in that kind of situation.