10points 3.mq4 - page 52

I have only read a few pages to this discussion, but it seems like dealer desks and pip spreads are going to hurt this strategy all of the time. Since the design of MetaTrader4 Server is easier deal desk management, it doesn't appear that MT4 would be a good platform to develop this strategy.

I sent a few emails back and forth with Chris Mercer based on my comment at his blog. I *highly* recommend the article below. (originally found on this forum in some thread)

http://tradesight.com/wordpress/?p=46

http://www.mbtrading.com/fx/default.asp

In emails with Chris, he claimed that anyone who offers fixed (or semi fixed) spreads is running a dealing desk. Which... is almost all of them. MBTrading offers no spread and charges a $5 fee per $100k lot. You get to see true bank spread and orders, instead of broker volume. This sounds very complementary to your strategy.

On the other hand, it would be very hard to switch because they accept VB/C/C++/C# code and not MQ4. I have done windows development under C#, and of the windows based languages it is my preference. I will need to look at the API/SDK more to see if conversions/indicators would be difficult or easy. :/

typhoon_gr9:
maybe it's not the time for this question ,,,

but I'm always wonder what is going to happen to the 10 point logic if the broker refused to do an order in the news time ,,most of the broker hang or accept completely different price.

could any one tried this EA on real account tell us his broker and his response while news time.

Market Maker is not allowing you to placed order during spike cause by the announcement. Great slippage is expected. I'm live with InterbankFX mini account. Besides, I took Yeoeleven advise that switched to teminator with setting 0 currently. Result not good. Will turn off EA now and wait for the NFP. Next week start with another settings.

Slippage

davidke20:
Market Maker is not allowing you to placed order during spike cause by the announcement. Great slippage is expected. I'm live with InterbankFX mini account. Besides, I took Yeoeleven advise that switched to teminator with setting 0 currently. Result not good. Will turn off EA now and wait for the NFP. Next week start with another settings.

I have had no experience in using a live account but it would be frustrating if a trade was missed on the spike which would have successfuly closed subsequently. More information on that subject will be most welcome.

As far as terminator I originally tested it using option 0 and it was very poor so it is unlikely that I would have recommended that option. I am now testing it with option 1 with more success.

John

Weeks result

I have closed off 10points 3 Dynamic stop prior to the NFP announcement.

The weeks result shows a loss of $902 after losing a MaxTrade6 earlier.

I have also included the progressive 3 weeks result showing a profit of $614 overall.

Hard to lose a Maxtrades6 it represented 2 weeks of steady profit, so the question is would it be better to remove USDCHF and increase the starting point for EURUSD?

John

Manual + EA

I would like to post my opinion here. Generally, if you would like to start a EA to work with you, on setting 1 which is setting open trade based on PIVOT. I will start the EA based on daily chart. RSI14 is required to open trade on the daily chart.

1)Refer to overbaught or oversold.

2)If daily overbaught;market price below pivot, kick in the EA(trade away

from the pivot) regardless of whatever announcement, you'll survive.

3)Trade based on MM1 until account double, switch it back off, start trading

with normal trade size, may be 0.1 or so.

4)When RSI reaches 50%, beware!!! Might need intensive monitoring! Criteria

not know... still trying to figure out.

5)Money management to this EA is the core. If you're at live account, take

out what ever profit once a week, maintain equity.

6)Ignore whatever scammer that ask for advantage to exchange idea!!! You'll

be suprise that you started to make profit without those *cough*cough!*

guru!!!

The above criteria is based on live trading with multilot scalper & 10point3, hope it help the terminator!!!

Ther's an EA to update the csv file for news.

yeoeleven:
DLM has the facility to close the EA during news times but the csv file from the site is empty and it has not been updated. John

Only to say that there's an EA named "grabweb for Newstracker" that make a csv by downloading the info from the calendar of Forexfactory.

I guess it is a good way to update the csv file for DLM (and Terminator if it use the news too).