10points 3.mq4 - page 194

davidke20:
Normally, if you know prior to important news 24hour, you turn Agressive_Mode=false, it will totally stay out during the entire US session. Thats what I do normally. And, I only dodge 2 news, NFP and FOMC. Home sales - MoM will make me nail the trade, but not doing anything. Just incase something goes wrong, like last November's, I fried one of my sub because i leave it continue short. Should have bailed.

Regards

David

As in my attachment (WCF account), actually I just started the EA yesterday morning with Agressive=False. Then when MACD went down, it opened sell order. Later on, in the evening FOMC came in, causing eurusd to shoot up so high before TP or SecureProfit reached.

However, since I just put $2000 deposit, I am running out of margin now. I shouldn't put $2000 deposit with 0.1 lot size

Cheers,

Files:
dying1ch.gif  18 kb

wibitiens:
Thanks humax.

Btw, could you post the setting please? And ... how much initial deposit did you put?

Cheers,

Initial deposit 10k (not enough, got margin called)

TP=28

Pips=18

Lots=0.1

MaxTrades=8

secureprofit=100

mm=0

Fast_MA=13

Slow_MA=43

Agressive_mode=true

Almost all default.

Regards,

Hum

wibitiens:
As in my attachment (WCF account), actually I just started the EA yesterday morning with Agressive=False. Then when MACD went down, it opened sell order. Later on, in the evening FOMC came in, causing eurusd to shoot up so high before TP or SecureProfit reached.

However, since I just put $2000 deposit, I am running out of margin now. I shouldn't put $2000 deposit with 0.1 lot size

Cheers,

why your position is different from David?i saw his statement, he is opening buying on euro and i bet he made last night, but you are selling.......check david's post at post1894

yan7181:
why your position is different from David?i saw his statement, he is opening buying on euro and i bet he made last night, but you are selling.......check david's post at post1894

He's currently on kick start situation. Have not catch up to my trend. I already have a long position in play for 2 days prior interest rate. Ask him again, where is his position now? LOL

Regards

David

yan7181:

As in my attachment, I started the EA before 09:02. Then, (with Aggresive=False) I noticed, once MACD turn negative, it opened the first order, which is: 2007.03.21 09:02 sell 0.10 eurusd 1.3312

At 18:00 FOMC came out. EurUsd went up so fast before the sell order reached its TP point. That's why, I was locked up with opposite trend. As David said, I am sure he was in BUY position at 09:02, while I was in SELL. So, in my opinion, if we want to start V12, better do it far before big news. Hope this will help.

Cheers,

Files:
dying1ch.gif  18 kb
dying1.htm  9 kb

wibitiens:
As in my attachment, I started the EA before 09:02. Then, (with Aggresive=False) I noticed, once MACD turn negative, it opened the first order, which is: 2007.03.21 09:02 sell 0.10 eurusd 1.3312

At 18:00 FOMC came out. EurUsd went up so fast before the sell order reached its TP point. That's why, I was locked up with opposite trend. As David said, I am sure he was in BUY position at 09:02, while I was in SELL. So, in my opinion, if we want to start V12, better do it far before big news. Hope this will help.

Cheers,

Post the latest screenshot you should be close with profit already. Am I right? I'm short position too. The long has been close ealier then I expected

Regards

David

davidke20:
Post the latest screenshot you should be close with profit already. Am I right? I'm short position too. The long has been close ealier then I expected

Regards

David

I am not near my server at the moment. But I can see that it's going down. Cool If it really close all the sell orders, I will be relieve Thanks mate.

Cheers,

so, the time when you switch on the EA is also a deciding factor, whether your account will gain fast or not right? the max trade that you set will be a factor too. For example, david was buying euro 3 days ago, but wibitiens having selling positions, lets say after 5 open positions. Then finally stopped out and switch buying today, but after reaching the high, it drops now and wibitiens has to sustain another 5 buying positions. hehe. Its just an example, so right now beside avoiding FOMC, NFP. this has to be noted too.

v12 fwd testing results

Fwd testing results for V12, trade taken 19TH might have had different results but computer went down, wasn't able to get back to the computer till after I got off work.

tools

Direction

yan7181:
so, the time when you switch on the EA is also a deciding factor, whether your account will gain fast or not right? the max trade that you set will be a factor too. For example, david was buying euro 3 days ago, but wibitiens having selling positions, lets say after 5 open positions. Then finally stopped out and switch buying today, but after reaching the high, it drops now and wibitiens has to sustain another 5 buying positions. hehe. Its just an example, so right now beside avoiding FOMC, NFP. this has to be noted too.

I am posting a couple of GIFs illustrating that the direction in most cases with martingale type EAs is not so vital and to show that market movement is far more important.

The Neumix and the NorthFinance GIFs cover both the same time period, one is M30 and the other H1. The point is that they were both V12 accounts and one was long and the other short and they both were successfully closed.

It is not possible to exactly determine the right time to open the chart to then allow the EA to take the direction we think is correct or should we limit them to either long or short trading? No let the V12 make the decisions and open the chart whenever you can.

John

Files:
neuimex.gif  32 kb