10points 3.mq4 - page 13

yeoeleven:
furious_angel,

can you shed any light on why my settings being similar to yours has had USDJPY only opening sell trades whilst your started with buy changed to sell then back to buy again.

At the moment I am in deep trouble with that pair the chart telling me that I am -$1170.

John

File added

Files:
usdjpy.bmp  1407 kb

breakdown of the pairs

.. well.. hmm..

there are gonna be a couple of factors to take in that would make try to answer your question difficult.

1. i dont know when you started your EA.

2. spread difference on the platform you are using - etc.. every platform will have it's quirks

but here is some information i can share with you since i ran that report. maybe this will help you .. maybe not.

an accounting breakdown on the pairs from the statement i posted earlier.

usd/jpy (50.67%)

173.27 - gain

85.47 - loss

87.80 - over all profit

eur/usd (38.18%)

110.00 - gain

68.00 - loss

42.00 - over all profit

usd/chf

169.60 - gain

173.64 - loss

4.04 - over all loss

gbp/usd (35.79%)

352.00 - gain

226.00 - loss

126.00 - over all gain

as you can see.. for my testing - usd/jyp had the greatest gain probability so far, but that is for the last 24 hours. i think it will be interesting what the numbers look like at the end of the week.. the longer this is tested the better idea i will have on what is really going on with this. like i said earlier, this should be an interesting week, alot of news reports that are coming out that will add the "chaos" factor to the test.

phoenix:
it's MACD version of "multi_lots_scalper"

.. if his statement is correct.. and this is truely a scalper.. wouldn't you want this EA to take ... "fast and small bites" from the market..?

Just a few thoughts:

1. this ea could eat you alive if your pockets are not deep enough

2. entry timing is crucial as the first trade will be taken in the direction of the prevailing MACD. Can someone explain exactly what this code is checking for when the initial trade is placed?

//if (iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)>0 and iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)>iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,1)) then OrderType=2;

if (iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0)>iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1)) { myOrderType=2; }

//if (iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)<0 and iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)<iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,1)) then OrderType=1;

if (iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0)<iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1)) { myOrderType=1; }

if (ReverseCondition==1)

3. What criteria does multi-lot-scalper use to enter?

4. The scale-in aspect of this ea works beautifully. If you read the article trade like a dealer it also talks about scaling-out - this ea closes everything down together, banks the profits, then immediately open a new trade in the same direction. What suggestions does anyone have about scaling out?

5. Contratulations to the author of this ea - as a piece of programming it is the most professional I have seen.

Toccata:
Just a few thoughts:

1. this ea could eat you alive if your pockets are not deep enough

2. entry timing is crucial as the first trade will be taken in the direction of the prevailing MACD. Can someone explain exactly what this code is checking for when the initial trade is placed?

//if (iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)>0 and iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)>iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,1)) then OrderType=2;

if (iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0)>iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1)) { myOrderType=2; }

//if (iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)<0 and iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,0)<iMACD(14,26,9,MODE_MAIN,1)) then OrderType=1;

if (iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0)<iMACD(NULL,0,14,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,1)) { myOrderType=1; }

if (ReverseCondition==1)

3. What criteria does multi-lot-scalper use to enter?

4. The scale-in aspect of this ea works beautifully. If you read the article trade like a dealer it also talks about scaling-out - this ea closes everything down together, banks the profits, then immediately open a new trade in the same direction. What suggestions does anyone have about scaling out?

5. Contratulations to the author of this ea - as a piece of programming it is the most professional I have seen.

-they place long when macd head up and vice versa

-they enter another long if the price come down 15 point below the long entry with 1.5 or 2 time of 1st lotsize

-they close all positions when one of them touch the target profit (always the last TP sent) that is for keeping total profit

and defind the entry direction again by that macd condition above

10points 3

Here is my latest statement.

The USDJPY continues to frustrate. If I had allowed the EA to continue up to MaxTrades10 it would have had two more increments and closed 10 hours ago. I am currently -$1051 down overall with that pair.

John

Files:

i still think that a stop loss is needed to regulate a trade that is running in the opposite direction to scale down the losses that can occur. if a new event moves the market 50+ pips.. it would be hard to recover from that..

10point3

yeoeleven:
The only unit sizes in my history are multiples of .1 (.1 .2 .4 .8 1.6) so I can not understand your history.

In my testing this EA has never closed off pair that was negative in the total so some of your your closures seem unusual.

Your history shows specific stoplosses whilst mine does not.

May I suggest that you remove your copy of this EA and download it again and observe closely your new history.

I believe that this EA uses the all up total for the trades open for each pair closing all when achieving overall profit and as such does not need any adjustment of the stoploss.

Those are my observations from reading your posted history and contrasting them with mine.

i thanks you for answer, i understand because my report is bad, i ' ve confused it with ML1' s report. now, i am testing 10point3 and ml1.

my reports says that 10point3 is better than ml1.

but that stoploss fixed to 0 is a real worry to me

regards

giapel

furious_angel:
.. if his statement is correct.. and this is truly a scalper.. wouldn't you want this EA to take ... "fast and small bites" from the market..?

That would depend on your time frame, but I think he is referring to the evolution of the EA. Originally there was a "Multi lots Scalper" and this 10point3 EA has added the MACD to obtain directional bias.

If you go to the authors site, http://elcactus.com you will see there is even further evolution of this EA and it is now called DLM (Dealer Lots Management). You will see in his forums how it has evolved to where there are over 10 different indicators to obtain bias from, including lots of other bells and whistles. Lots to read there and tons of options in the latest version, DLM1.3. In fact there are so many options it is difficult to try them all.

The author personally uses longer term indicators to determine his bias and then enters his first order manually (which is an option within the EA), then lets the EA take control. The logic being you can rarely time your entry on a turning point, exactly. This EA scales you in and out, much like a "Dealer" would trade.

furious_angel:
i still think that a stop loss is needed to regulate a trade that is running in the opposite direction to scale down the losses that can occur. if a new event moves the market 50+ pips.. it would be hard to recover from that..

The author emphatically suggests turning it off during news.