10points 3.mq4 - page 124

mrtools:
Hi fxnewbie,

Heres the backtest with your settings, only made it the whole year on H4 other timeframes the account went south.

Regards

tools

Yes, sorry I forgot to say, it was using TF 4H, no good with other TF.

Not bad, but your settings are much better.

Files:
lot_analysis.doc  112 kb

Files:
doc1.doc  24 kb

Nevermind, I found what I was looking for.

analysis of Yoeleven contest results

Hi guys

I was analysing Yoeleven results and something does not make sense. I wish he can answer to this post because I am really confused.

Yoeleven! Can you please explain why your lot is not consistent. You put different initial lot in different days.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Lot size

kaypee:
Hi guys

I was analysing Yoeleven results and something does not make sense. I wish he can answer to this post because I am really confused.

Yoeleven! Can you please explain why your lot is not consistent. You put different initial lot in different days.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

The competition rules stated that the settings were not touched for the entire competition and accordingly they were left alone.

The answer to the question comes with an understanding of the Money Management settings which utilise the account size to assess the opening lot size. So with MM1 and Risk3 the size of the first lot size is calculated by the EA and since the account varied in size dramatically so did the opening lot size.

I haven't been back to look at the differences but that is the reason for them at no time during the competition were the lot sizes changed manually. I must add that it is the first time that I used MM but it is the way to progress the account dramatically and that is what the competition needed.

John

John