10points 3.mq4 - page 398

--Id--:
Hi, David.

I have watched 10point3 development for some time also and I really appreciate your work along with yeoeleven (where is he, btw?). Thank you very much. This thread has always been in my subscription list!

I am something of a coder myself and I have even attatched most of your codes to my own implementation of 10point3. Actually it was an EA which would switch to 10point3 algorithm if side-markets were detected. I can tell it worked very well for about 5 months. Nearly 17% monthly return. However I gave up on that monster after looking at the drawdowns on the reports.

Regarding to item 5 of your post, I never ever considered that in my calculations. Seems very reasonable. But coming from you, I take you made a tradeoff calculation or spreadsheet to how much withdraw and in which period.... could you elaborate on item 5? Your posts here are very welcome!

My personal experience with 10point3 makes me very frightened of getting even close to it again. But I must admit it was the time my personal account grew more steadly. It was also the time when I thought of risk of ruin every single day...

Best regards.

Hi there. Sorry I haven't check back frequent. Below are few point to help you justify what are the most important in trading martingale/cost averaging:

1) To reduce risk in trading martingale, interval between orders must be reasonable, or as big as possible to avoid harm. I personally found ATR21 very useful. I'll boot the EA with ATR(21) parameter in the pip gap column from time to time to widen/tighten the interval.

2) I check back my account every 4 hours (besides sleeping time). If drawdown exceed 10%, normally I'll cut everything and stop trading for awhile. Reason being, you could be wrong cutting the trades and ended up sold the bottom and bought the top after the previous trades closed. So, its better to stay away and observe for a while.

3) I have some demo account and some live account still running with different variety of martingale, cost averaging and hybrid system. Surprisingly, the demo accounts sometimes can act as an extra indicator for me. It always happened this way, when I see my demo account getting near to take profit, I'll start observing my live account too. If demo account successfully closed the trades; whereas the live account doesn't... guess what? Later the live account's trades sure went south. Its either take longer for the live account to take profit, or that is the last trade you'll see from in your live account before you replenish your liquidity.

4) An extra demo account that duplicate your live account can be a good reference. Besides of what I've mentioned in point 3, it can also be a very good tracking tool. Set yourself a target in percentage for withdrawal. My case is 20%. When I start with 1k, every 200 I'll start the withdrawal. Now what happen to my withdrawal is, regardless of how much the live account make, as long as my demo account reaches 20% profit, I'll withdraw the live account back to starting capital. You may withdraw the profit to a separate account instead of take it out.

5) Once initial capital is fully recover, its time to revise your trading plan, may be plan a little further to withdraw. Remember, you still withdraw although you plan to compound. I would have set the withdrawal to 30% this time. Once the withdrawal reaches another 100% of your capital, time to put them all back in the trading account and increase your lot size.

6) Lot size increase, time to revise trading plan again. Set withdrawal back to 20%. Repeat step 4 & 5 and you shall see your account grow steadily.

These are my findings after many years of trading with Martingale and Cost averaging. I dare not so say I've fully master it, but I sure know what am I dealing with. Step 4 is the most crucial part, and it really slow you down from growing your account, but this is the part that YOUR emotion is involved. Use your imagination, if you able to reach step 6 for 1 cycle, you already have original capital + 100% compounded capital + 100% backup fund, will you still worry? Take it slow and let the good times roll.

To support my theory. Below are some of my work:

A) Martingale + Cost averaging hybrid

MT4Live.com - Share Your MT4 Statements Free

Tested since : Oct, 2009

Starting capital: 10,000

Since stop loss kills profit, so I took it off. In fact, I took off the take profit too. Give them both a fair slice. I'll handle the loss/profit myself!

B) Martingale + Cost averaging + hedge hybrid

Tested since: June, 2008

Starting capital: 2,000

Who told you GBPJPY can not be traded by martingale system? 300~400pips gap interval. I'm still surviving. Thanks to ATR giving all the parameter.

C) Pure cost averaging

Tested since: June, 2009

Starting capital: 10,000

Corellated hedged with EUR,USD and CHF. We've been corrupted by the rules of 10point3, which limited all the martingale/cost averaging trades at the same currency pair. If you lose a trade on EURUSD, why can't you use EURCHF and USDCHF to hedge against it? When their overall profit reach, close them all. We're still in a smooth equity curve!

Good luck to all and have a profitable year ahead. Cheers

David

--Id--:

My main concern with periodical withdraw is if it is really profitable in the long run. How do you avoid blowing your account out? I understand the withdraws lower the trading lot size and it make savings for future replenishment of capital on the account, but is it enough?

I personally having hard time in trading 10point3 back in the earlier stage, which is around 2006. I wiped out many accounts, including my daughter's milk powder. The problem is always my own GREED. Withdrawal is the key, but WHEN? Trading a cost averaging hybrid martingale system is an art. Some of you may getting ready to reply me a big bull crap. Trust me I know better than you. I believe I burn more money in 10point3, probably more than most of the retail trader.

ZIG ZIGLAR:

Experience is a hard teacher: It gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

I don't have a hardcore parameter for you to follow, but the general awareness has been given many time, so I'm going to give you a short briefing here:

1) Initial position's margin usage must be calculated based on 1:100 leverage

2) Margin usage for initial position must not exceed 1% of capital based on 1:100 leverage

3) Multiplier and Maxtrades and PipStep are interrelated.

((ReturnPerPip*(MaxTrades^Multiplier)) * PipStep) + ((ReturnPerPip*(MaxTrades^Multiplier)) * PipStep/Multiplier)

This is a sure formula to find out how much harm your parameter can do your account. If the result is greater than your account balance, you will get a wipe out. Sorry I don't do spreadsheet. You may find some of the spreadsheet other members posted useful.

4) I trade with NFP too. Put a Sleep(14400000); after OrderSend(); Normally when I wake up, most I get is another new order opened with a small drawdown. So what? Or some case I wake up with a huge profit!!!

5) An ideal pip step? I don't have 1. Read my previous post. I got my pipstep from ATR. Sometimes 300pips, sometimes 500pips on GBPJPY.

Click here to see my statement, you do the math and see my PipStep.

Regards,

David

10p3v0.02 ea

Hello,

i just got this ea, i attach it to my mt4 platform, but its saying no trading, danger time zone.

What is the means of this mesage i got on my platform when i attached the ea.

How does this ea work best.

What is the best time frame this ea work most and what is the best currency to trade this ea with.

Thanks

10p3v0.02 ea

Hello,

i just got this ea

i attached it to my mt4 pfxpulp, and instaforex mt4, but its says no trading, danger time zone,

what is the meaning of this message.

What is the best currency to use use with this ea, what is the best time frame also.

What is the best settings also.

Thanks

How to Improve 10Point3 EA - Idea

I've been trading this EA in a live trading account for several weeks now, and am (so far) achieving good results. However, I have an idea of how to improve this EA so that it doesn't blow up an account.

This EA works great in a consolidation market. However, when the market trends in one direction or another, this EA can blow up an account. To reduce the chances of this happening, I would love if someone could code the EA so that there is a multiplier on the pip increments.

For example, right now the EA will trade at the 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 etc. pip levels. However, if we added a multiplier effect to the pip increments (for example 1.64), then it would trade at the 5, 8, 13, 22, 36, 59, 97 etc. pip levels. By adding this multiplier to the pip levels, whenever the market started trending, we'd have larger lot sizes but at larger pip increments.

If someone could code this and share it with the group, I think we'd all benefit from this feature.

FxScalper09:

This EA works great in a consolidation market. However, when the market trends in one direction or another, this EA can blow up an account. To reduce the chances of this happening, I would love if someone could code the EA so that there is a multiplier on the pip increments.

If someone could code this and share it with the group, I think we'd all benefit from this feature.

My idea is that, if there is an option to stop opening new orders when the trend has changed (as per parameters selected) better still, open orders in the new direction if possible - can mitigate draw down issues when we are at the end of a trend.

Demo test on gold

newdigital:
There are a lot of versions. This version is just old/normal 10p3v0.03 wirh 4/5 digit prices possibility (someone asked to post it so I posted).

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to get this to work on gold? My platform allows me to trade gold but the pricing is not the same as currency. For example, currency move 1 pip at a time but gold moves 5 pips at a time and is set up like this (1114.20) and moves in increments like (1114.25 or 1114.15) and I think this is affecting its ability to backtest.

Can someone help? I know many people will think "don't test that on gold are you crazy??" Yes, I am a deranged crazy person! thanks all.

no conditions to open trade

hello,

i put the 10p3v1.00 on 4 charts on a 5 digit broker, changing the settings to adapt to the 5th digit but i get on all of them the message in the subject and no trades since 2 days.

can you please suggest me what i have to do to have it working?

thank you.

orderstoprotect

I cant understend the logic of OrdersToProtect. Can somebody give me a hint ?