10points 3.mq4 - page 193

davidke20:
As I mentioned before, focus dude. 1 pair/ platform only! No point you seeing so much action and endup giving up the account. I wish good luck, because you're trying your luck instead of calling it a trading.

Regards

David

David, which pair performs the best sofar?

You said before that it's better not to use V12 live, but testing shows V12 more robust than 10point3. It can handle trending market much better.

What is your advise for me to go live with 2.5k account?

Regards,

Humax

humax:
David, which pair performs the best sofar?

You said before that it's better not to use V12 live, but testing shows V12 more robust than 10point3. It can handle trending market much better.

What is your advise for me to go live with 2.5k account?

Regards,

Humax

Seriously dude, I send this monster for you guys to figure it out whether its suitable for your account size. I will not suggest anything to you. Its all on your own risk. Stay safe and becareful out there in the lion country. I hate to see my system lose, but I'm even hate to see you lose your account. Here's my forward testing. You can find that I'm only sticking to what I've done and never change any single settings. 1 currency pair/1 account. My GBPUSD demo account blew up on the 2nd day I attached it. And I totally forgotton about the demo account number and removed it from my platform already. So, you know what I mean?

Regards

David

davidke20:
Did you see me trading with 4 pairs? I started my account from 5.9k with lot size of 0.10lot with EURUSD only.

Regards

David

That's was only demo for testing the minimum requirement of staying away from margin call. Since the chance of going the wrong way all the pairs at the same time is not 100%. Searching for the limit. Save area is close to what you're using. (3pairs, 0.1 lot, 20k account)

I need to test as much settings as possible to get the best profit factor etc. to optimize. It can't be done with backtesting, so I just need to do it by demo accounts. Even when I report bad result, it is not meant to give the EA bad name, but for people to stay away with these setups.

Sofar, I have come to the conclusion that you are already using very good setups. So does John. But maybe there are better ones. I don't know and I still haven't found it unfortunately.

Regards,

Humax

davidke20:
Seriously dude, I send this monster for you guys to figure it out whether its suitable for your account size. I will not suggest anything to you. Its all on your own risk. Stay safe and becareful out there in the lion country. I hate to see my system lose, but I'm even hate to see you lose your account. Here's my forward testing. You can find that I'm only sticking to what I've done and never change any single settings. 1 currency pair/1 account. My GBPUSD demo account blew up on the 2nd day I attached it. And I totally forgotton about the demo account number and removed it from my platform already. So, you know what I mean?

Regards

David

Those are nice results! You use MM for this account right?

btw. all 3 V12 demo account hasn't placed a single trade yet with agressive mode off. That's ok?

davidke20:
ahem... beside grandpa, any survivors?

Regards

David

I got 2 survivors in my server. For the survivor2, I only put $2000 deposit on 0.1 lot size (not enough actually). I did that because my other broker that can do 0.01 have all been used. So I just give it a try. However, I also got 2 other V12 running on WCF and NF with the same setting like survivor2 (aggresive mode = false), it seems that they couldn't make it They don't have a chance to change direction before FOMC news.

Now I realize that this news stuff is really really serious

Btw, I read somewhere from yeoeleven, he said that the biggest news is NFP and FOMC right? Is there any other news that we should consider seriously?

How about Nonfarm Employment Change?

Cheers,

Files:

Thanks for the info wibitiens.

Here are some more info about my 10 days of V12 testing:

usdchf +120 pips/ +$3551.90

gbpusd +550pips/ +$7437

eurusd +77 pips/ -$1653

Cheers!

News

wibitiens:

Now I realize that this news stuff is really really serious

Btw, I read somewhere from yeoeleven, he said that the biggest news is NFP and FOMC right? Is there any other news that we should consider seriously?

How about Nonfarm Employment Change?

Cheers,

Mostly the news announcements help martingale EAs there are often spikes and retracements not to mention that 50% of the time you may be on the right side of the announcement.

Over the past couple of months since the competition between David and myself I have been taking notice of the news events that affect EURUSD.

In the main all I use is EU but these announcements will also affect GBPUSD and USDCHF.

I have started a Word File copied from http://www.forexfactory.com/ and pasted the events which have been volatile. NFP & FOMC are the most volatile but there are a few others that need watching. Don't get carried away with closing the EA for each announcement but watch the most volatile.

This is an ongoing research and should not be considered as a final definitive list, but just keep an eye on the ones listed.

John

NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS

Consider the first 4 as one announcement period, overall the impact is usually volatile

USD ADP Nonfarm Employment Change

Measures the number of new jobs created in the previous month, excluding the farming industry.

USD GDP Annualized q/q (p)

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Deflator measures the annualized quarterly implied rate of inflation for all economic activity.

USD GDP Deflator Annualized q/q (p)

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) measures the total value of all goods and services produced by the economy.

USD Chicago PMI

The National Association of Purchasing Managers (NAPM) Chicago Purchasing Manager's Index (PMI) measures the health of the Chicago business environment.

USD Interest Rate Statement

The central bank's governing body, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), releases an Interest Rate Statement eight times per year.

USD Nonfarm Employment Change

Measures the number of new jobs created in the previous month, excluding the farming industry.

GBP Core CPI y/y

Derivative of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) that excludes the volatile Food, Energy, Alcohol and Tobacco items.

USD ISM Manufacturing Index

The Institute of Supply Management (ISM) Manufacturing Index measures the activity level of purchasing managers in the manufacturing sector, with a reading above 50 indicating expansion.

yeoeleven:
Mostly the news announcements help martingale EAs there are often spikes and retracements not to mention that 50% of the time you may be on the right side of the announcement.

Over the past couple of months since the competition between David and myself I have been taking notice of the news events that affect EURUSD.

In the main all I use is EU but these announcements will also affect GBPUSD and USDCHF.

I have started a Word File copied from http://www.forexfactory.com/ and pasted the events which have been volatile. NFP & FOMC are the most volatile but there are a few others that need watching. Don't get carried away with closing the EA for each announcement but watch the most volatile.

This is an ongoing research and should not be considered as a final definitive list, but just keep an eye on the ones listed.

John

Thanks very much John for the explanation and the word file. It is really helpfull By the way, I am thinking the way to avoid highly volatile news by closing all the open trades (even with small loss) a few moment before news, then change the aggresivemode to false. Or ... just close the EA with minimum loss, then wait until the news tide gone, then start V12 all over again.

Which one do you think is better? Or, do you have any other suggestion? Thanks.

Cheers,

wibitiens:
Thanks very much John for the explanation and the word file. It is really helpfull By the way, I am thinking the way to avoid highly volatile news by closing all the open trades (even with small loss) a few moment before news, then change the aggresivemode to false. Or ... just close the EA with minimum loss, then wait until the news tide gone, then start V12 all over again.

Which one do you think is better? Or, do you have any other suggestion? Thanks.

Cheers,

Normally, if you know prior to important news 24hour, you turn Agressive_Mode=false, it will totally stay out during the entire US session. Thats what I do normally. And, I only dodge 2 news, NFP and FOMC. Home sales - MoM will make me nail the trade, but not doing anything. Just incase something goes wrong, like last November's, I fried one of my sub because i leave it continue short. Should have bailed.

Regards

David

humax:
Thanks for the info wibitiens.

Here are some more info about my 10 days of V12 testing:

usdchf +120 pips/ +$3551.90

gbpusd +550pips/ +$7437

eurusd +77 pips/ -$1653

Cheers!

Thanks humax.

Btw, could you post the setting please? And ... how much initial deposit did you put?

Cheers,