10points 3.mq4 - page 177

davidke20:
For low volatility, put it on Pips=8, TakeProfit=15, you'll see more action. Run it on M30 would be great.

Regards,

David

Ok, I see the reasoning here and will do as you advise.

Thank you!

N2

Edit: By Pips=8 I am assuming you mean "Step" ?

Thanks.

davidke20:
For low volatility, put it on Pips=8, TakeProfit=15, you'll see more action. Run it on M30 would be great.

Regards,

David

Ahhh yea.. I'm seeing more CHFJPY action already.

Files:

Need2bFree:
Ahhh yea.. I'm seeing more CHFJPY action already.

Maybe actually more action than I want. I may tone it back down a tad... we'll see...

N2

v12 testing

My v12's are looking pretty good. I'll post new results at end of week again. I'm running eurusd on both 30m and 15m and not noticing much difference. I had thought 15m might produce more action, but really haven't seen it.

Any survivor? I took a small hit, started short right at the bottom!!! anyway, almost breakingeven.

Regards,

David

I'm not sure what is causing this but since I changed settings on CHFJPY TAKEPROFIT from 15 TO 08 and PIPSTEP from 18 TO 15 AND also changed TF from 15MIN to 30 MIN, it seems that every trade CHFJPY is now taking is losing fairly big. It is continuing to SELL against the uptrend and has not make one single BUY. Yet GPB continues to make profits.

I thought I had the "CloseTrades if TooMuch Loss"running but I inadvertantly had the "CloseTrades if Account Profit Reached" running instead so profit was not protected by that program up to this point.

Without this CHFJPY debacle the combo would still be in profit but that's a "couldaWouldaShoulda" only good in horseshoes thinking.

What to do now... ? Do I let this run its course, change CHFJPY settings back to what they were before when it was running without any losses, start up the 'CloseTrades After Account Loss TooMuch' correctly or or just start over again? HELP! Any suggestions would be very appreciated. See report below.

I am still encouraged that GBP is still performing very well at its current settings but what bothers me is, while GBP acts as though it is making intelligent buy/sell decisions, CHFJPY acts as though it is taking ONLY SELL signals without concern of loss or recouping losses. I don't understand why it is acting so differently from GBP.

Thanks,

N2

---------------

Files:

V12 Still Going Strong

More positive trades today, David impressive performance by V12.

tools

V12 forward testing

More forward testing on my NorthFinance account, see post 1562 Edited to change the number to 1557 for details, the only change is that as the account has grown so have I increased the SecureProfit is now up to $700.

Closed Profit $54621 Floating Loss $176

This since 5th March from an account starting with $19000. I am waiting for the inevitable crash and hoping that the profit generated will more than cover it when it happens. If this was a live account there would have been withdrawals made by now so that if the entire account was lost I would be well in front.

John

Files:
v12nf6.htm  27 kb
v12nf6.gif  5 kb

V12 Neuimex

Here is the detailed statement from my other testing of V12, the settings and other information is on post 1561.Edited to change the number to 1557

Closed Profit $8.72 Floating Loss $0.50

John

Files:
v12nexxt5.htm  74 kb
v12nexxt5.gif  6 kb

North Finance Results

Following on from David's post I will give you my detailed statement from NF.

The only change from my original settings from post 1562 Edited to change the number to 1557 is that now my account has grown higher the secure profit has been increased from 200 to 500 representing 1% of the account.

Closed Profit 38593.5 Floating Loss 828

http://www.northfinance.com/

John

Files:
v12nf5.htm  24 kb
v12nf5.gif  5 kb