10points 3.mq4 - page 133

10 Points 4

John really feel like you are on to something here with that close e.a.Just a little extra insurance can't be a bad thing.Somebody had suggested to me about a volatility controlled lot spacing, I would guess it would work that as volatility increased the lot spacing would increase, and vice versa as volatility decreased, been trying to implement this but not very sucessful so far.Thinking this along with controlled progression might make 10 points safer for a real account, but just don't know, and always open to suggestions.

Later

tools

Ideas

mrtools

I have been thinking about progression and means of controlling it but I am not a coder so can not implement my ideas.

But in line with your volatility theory I was thinking of a time line progression control.

Say a losing progression, any level, occurs within a time period of ?? minutes could the EA be made to close and restart in the reverse direction.

Obviously if a rapid progression took place it would usually be a strong progression and a close and restart in the opposite direction may be a good opportunity to get back the loss.

I have no idea whether that is possible to code or even if it would be worth the effort but your expertise could evaluate it. It certainly is on the lines your volatility theory which sounds good if it can be implemented.

John

ideas

John, will be looking at other martingale type e.a.'s to try to get some ideas on how to incorporate these ideas.

tools

Early days

mrtools:
Hi John After today am more inclined to label this version as "useless" woke up this morning to find myself in the situation you was in with this e.a., shut it off this morning didn't want to come home from work and find my demo empty.I am attaching a mod I did with this thing awhile ago but backtesting it was constantly blowing my account, so didn't attach it for that reason, but thinking that since the last version tested good maybe since this one tested bad maybe live it will be good.In backtesting it did take about an equal amount of buys and sells. The timeperiod controls cci timeperiods and fema,sema, and sig. is for macd(fastema,slowema,&sig).Have not tried it live yet, but will start tonight.

I have loaded the new EA and have had some results over the past day.

I set the Close EA to close all trades at $100 and it has closed off several times during the time attached, this has reduced the profitability substantially. I have taken the following action, assessed which pairs cost the most from the closures and removed them (EURUSD USDCHF USDJPY) leaving only GBPUSD.

This will reduce the chance of hitting the $100 since there will be only one pair using up the margin. That pair will have more room to move before hitting the close off and with that more chance of closing off profitably.

GBPUSD had made good profit during the time period (+$110) and obviously was not adversely affected by the close off. Effectively the close off EA reduced the MaxTrades to 2.5 and that was much too low.

The settings are default and the timeframe H1 and from now on expect a much improved result.

John

Files:
10p41.htm  31 kb
10p41.gif  6 kb

yeoeleven:
I have loaded the new EA and have had some results over the past day.

I set the Close EA to close all trades at $100 and it has closed off several times during the time attached, this has reduced the profitability substantially. I have taken the following action, assessed which pairs cost the most from the closures and removed them (EURUSD USDCHF USDJPY) leaving only GBPUSD.

This will reduce the chance of hitting the $100 since there will be only one pair using up the margin. That pair will have more room to move before hitting the close off and with that more chance of closing off profitably.

GBPUSD had made good profit during the time period (+$110) and obviously was not adversely affected by the close off. Effectively the close off EA reduced the MaxTrades to 2.5 and that was much too low.

The settings are default and the timeframe H1 and from now on expect a much improved result.

John

John,

Have you tried to test this EA in shorter TF, lets say 15 min. ? I dont forward test it, only backtest that show good profit and much more trades. But I dont trust in backtest and now I am forward testing another EA. Just an idea....

a lil sun shine

ok guys, recently I'm a lil lost due to misfocus on what original 10point3 should be. i've deleted every single mod of 10point3 and anyother martingale EA on my platform, restarted the reseach from this original version. AMAZINGLY!!! this is the result. I'm thinking of should we just abort the trading during financial event that might move the market 50pips without retracement. Shut down the EA prior to announcement such as Interest rate, FOMC, NFP... red factory on FF. always see some sunshine before i give up this mother fcuker , i hate it and i love it, owh! what the fcuk am i sayin?!

p/s: be patience to load the result, might take awhile. it ate up my computer resources too, on a C2D extreme - 2GB x2 RAM. Log file quickly fill up my 160GB WD(known as the best bad sectored hard drive):D

Files:
10point3.zip  1278 kb
10points_3.mq4  10 kb

davidke20:
ok guys, recently I'm a lil lost due to misfocus on what original 10point3 should be. i've deleted every single mod of 10point3 and anyother martingale EA on my platform, restarted the reseach from this original version. AMAZINGLY!!! this is the result. I'm thinking of should we just abort the trading during financial event that might move the market 50pips without retracement. Shut down the EA prior to announcement such as Interest rate, FOMC, NFP... red factory on FF. always see some sunshine before i give up this mother fcuker , i hate it and i love it, owh! what the fcuk am i sayin?! p/s: be patience to load the result, might take awhile. it ate up my computer resources too, on a C2D extreme - 2GB x2 RAM. Log file quickly fill up my 160GB WD(known as the best bad sectored hard drive):D

Thats more or less what i do, I am trading live with this BEAST. I am using 10p3 with dynamic stop. So far so good. But you must experiment with different multipying factor and find the one that will suit your style of trading.

10 points4 mod1e

Following on from my previous post I have now posted the latest detailed statement.

I did not expect that the close off EA would need to activate when using one pair and being set at $100 but there was a spike downwards and the $100 was hit. If the EA could be examined to work out why the third progression did not activate, as it happened the $100 would still have been reached but to continue the trades well past the pipstep was unexpected.

Going long in an upwardly moving market the EA was moving in the right direction just the spike did the damage.

John

Edited to add that a progression has just closed and the EA is back into profit.

Files:
10p42.htm  39 kb
10p42.gif  6 kb

10point4_Mode1e

Further forward testing of this EA found on Post # 1321

Using the Close trades after the account loss too much. Discussed Post #1322

I have included the transactions since I removed the other pairs leaving only GBPUSD with default settings for the EA on TF H1 and setting the Close trades EA to close off at $100.

The Close trades has been activated twice and has limited the loss for the progression to $100, possibly the loss could have been avoided without the Closer EA but also the loss could have been considerably higher.

A Profit of $253 in 3 days starting with a .1 unit is very acceptable.

I have attached the detailed statement and also a GIF showing the action of the EA as well as the usual equity curve.

John

Files:
10p43.htm  32 kb
10p4v1e1.gif  43 kb
10p43.gif  6 kb

Looks like a very good result to me, and most important: much more SAFE way to trade.