10points 3.mq4 - page 125

deleted due to lack of interest

kaypee:
Hi guys

I was analysing Yoeleven results and something does not make sense. I wish he can answer to this post because I am really confused.

Yoeleven! Can you please explain why your lot is not consistent. You put different initial lot in different days.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

I made the rules for the competition although i lose the game, but I've got some important information in my head now. Money Management is important for the EA to grow the account, but what we lack off that lead us fall far behind is the risk management.

The original dump 10point3 has a simple money management, which uses MathCeil((AccountEquity/1000)/100*risk) as the calculation of lot size. Therefor, the risk varieble is only represent the initial exposure of the account equity. For gradpa case, the risk=3 is means the total exposure for 10point3 dynamic stop as below

Grandpa setups :

0 level escalation at 0pips = 3%

1st level escalation at -18pips = 6%

2nd level escalation at -36pips = 12%

3rd level escalation at -54pips = 24%

4th level escalation at -72pips = 48%

5th level no escalation at (-90pips)-1pips = STOP LOSS!!!

Total exposure is 93% exposure. We're on the competition of leverage 1:500, madness things ever did. So, the guy above who refering to 1million account. Its non sense to compare this account to the live trading account. But 1 thing for sure, all I wanted from the competition is referring to the best leverage and the best exposure. Maximum profit before I blew up the account. And, I'll make the MM to be more comfortable to trade with micro account. With 1000 balance, start trading with 0.1% = 1 dollar initial 1st trade, with the leverage of 1:200 on IBFX micro account, not that bad at all?!

Lack of interest

mrtools:

Very quick to assume lack of interest I am testing your EA but have not had time to produce results to post. It has not got past the first progression yet but will leave it on during the NFP then there will be some action.

John

I'm testing 10p4multiMM also but need time to post results. I just started yesterday. It's making profit right now but will need next week to give it a proper test.

@John - what settings are you using?

Settings

matrixebiz:
I'm testing 10p4multiMM also but need time to post results. I just started yesterday. It's making profit right now but will need next week to give it a proper test. @John - what settings are you using?

It looks complicated so to start I am using default settings and will adjust as a trading history emerges.

I left it on during NFP and currently shows $58 profit and $38 floating loss.

The EA that mrtools deleted was one that allowed settings to change the progression even each progression seperately, very interesting and am coming to grips with the progression now after leaving it on over NFP.

John

mrtools:

Mmmm

I am backtesting it trying to find setups

mrtools:

Did you post a newer version then the one a few pages back?

Results for real account

These are my real account running 10p3 results along this week.

Bad results for friday just before closing it...

Files:

10points3 Dynamic Stop

Whilst we are discussing changing the progression rate let us not forget the information accumulated in the Detailed Statements posted from the competition with David.

Let us not forget that this EA did accumulate $24000 profit and gave back $14000 after trading through the following News Annouincements.

11:15pm USD ADP Nonfarm Employment Change

Measures the number of new jobs created in the previous month, excluding the farming industry.

11:30pm USD GDP Annualized q/q (p)

The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) Deflator measures the annualized quarterly implied rate of inflation for all economic activity.

11:30pm USD GDP Deflator Annualized q/q (p)

Gross Domestic Product (GDP) measures the total value of all goods and services produced by the economy.

12:45am USD Chicago PMI

The National Association of Purchasing Managers (NAPM) Chicago Purchasing Manager's Index (PMI) measures the health of the Chicago business environment.

Exactly which announcement caused the surge I am not sure but if those announcements had not been traded the loss of $14000 would have been avoided.

Similarly another $14000 was lost after trading through this announcement.

5:15am USD Interest Rate Statement

The central bank's governing body, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), releases an Interest Rate Statement eight times per year.

and even more after this announcement.

11:30pm USD Nonfarm Employment Change

Measures the number of new jobs created in the previous month, excluding the farming industry.

It would be wrong to say that all major announcements should be avoided but there should be a list of those so potentially volatile as to be a threat to these martingale EAs. Just imagine if those announcements had been avoided and the overall result was $44000 better than as posted.

From the 8th January to the 2nd February only three MaxTrades5 were lost and they occurred around the times listed. Please contribute any other News Announcements that we should avoid. It is unrealistic to suggest that EAs using Technical Analysis to direct trading would accurately predict the trading direction of Fundamental Announcements so we should give them some assistance by turning off the EA and closing down the trades in profit prior to a list of volatile announcements.

John