10points 3.mq4 - page 60

If they aren't doing direct passthrough, the broker must cause slippage in order to stay in business. At 1 lot, the broker is probably paying you out of their pocket. At 30 lots, they need to submit it. At 60 lots taken short term, they either do pass through, cause slippage after submitting it to the banks, or go broke. They choose option 2.

If you want to trade like this, you should directly connect and not use a broker. I made profits off of a 2 pip movement in under 45 seconds yesterday using a level 2 broker. It is eerie to watch 9000 lots be traded if I blink, a hold steady for a moment, and then another 16000+ lots trade in 5 seconds. (All trades are expressed in 10k lot size between the banks.) I noticed that if no trades occur for 2 seconds, a breakout comes.

http://sdk.mbtrading.com/ allows C++, VB6, .Net and probably any other language you can bind a COM object (Python, etc). The good news is that there wouldn't be any slippage, the bad news is that you only get price+volume, no chart yet. I'm going to scour the mailing list for simple indicator examples later. I've been trying to avoid installing Visual Studio 2003 again, maybe I'll do the WINE installation of IE and then use g++ on linux.

i am a newbie in forex. I just visually backtested 10points3 based on support and resistance. I feel this is much better signal for entry compared to pivot.

Can anyone modify the EA to change no of lots open? Now the EA opens in multiple lots, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, this is very high risk.

Can we make 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.7, 1.1, 1.6, 2.2

Once we change this, we can play around with the setting.

What about making open lots an increasing proportion of the Available margin? People could also be enable to scale it up or down to accommodate greater margin levels.

daraknor:
What about making open lots an increasing proportion of the Available margin? People could also be enable to scale it up or down to accommodate greater margin levels.

if i am not mistaken, there is money management function you can use. mm=1, risk=5

Stoploss and TS

Hi everyone,

I have been studying this EA for a while, and have conducted a significant amount of backtesting. My fault is not understanding the programming, which I try to learn while listening to you all. Can someone please explain why, when the TS is set to 20, how the heck the account can be wipped out to the tune of over 100 pips loss? My understanding of a stop, be it an initial or trailing, is that the EA CLOSES the trade and eats the limited loss when the set value is hit. This is obviously not happening here.

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks.

Doug

mate, check this out. if you open 1st position at 0.1, after 7 trades, you're at 6.4 lot. if the market still not go back to your direction for 38pips, get ready for margin call.expect atleast half of your margin get wipeout! until your margin call, if you dont have an account protection with you, get ready for another stupid act for the 10point3, if will reverse trade. prepare for another big hit during 4th position. You get another atleast 50% drawdown! Now, your account left less then 25%. thats the big picture. this EA cant afford to make 1 mistake. If not it will trade against you continueously! thats is the downside of using martingale! If you have enough margin to survive until the next reversal/retracement, you're in good hand.

p/s: its dynamic stop loss, it will keep modifying the stop loss to the last position you affort to open. if the trend still not favouring your side, ready for margin call. if you get lucky, during the last order, the market make a U-Turn, your TP at the last order will take you out, and the rest of the trade will oso close at the same time. therefor, this system will let you know nobody will lose forever(unless you are running out of margin, canot double the consequent order). when you get back to the track, you're covering all your 1,2,3,4 orders with huge profit from trade 5,6,7.

Happy hunting!

The key to using 10Point3, Terminator 2, and any of these Martingale based EA's is to have Deep Deep Pockets to endure the drawdowns while waiting for the retracements because they usually do come. I'm sure everyone has heard this before, but this is what I use for my trading:

- smaller lot sizes such as .01 on a $10K account.

- stay away from volatile pairs like GBPUSD & GBPJPY

- measure avg. daily range and determine proper pip intervals for each pair

- I trade only EURUSD & USDJPY

- I use a modified version of 10Point3 that uses Jurik MACD and it's far more accurate on detecting and keeping me in the right trend.

- I'm making further mods using the Chop Zone Indicator to avoid placing trades during ranging periods.

dcraig:
Can someone please explain why, when the TS is set to 20, how the heck the account can be wipped out to the tune of over 100 pips loss? My understanding of a stop, be it an initial or trailing, is that the EA CLOSES the trade and eats the limited loss when the set value is hit. This is obviously not happening here.

TrailingStop works by waiting for a profitable trade. If profit >= TrailingStop, then a SL is placed at OrderPrice-TrailingStop. If you have a trade with negative balance (the way they all start) then Trailing stop won't do anything. If you have 20 pips of profit, it will set a SL at breakeven. If you have 25 pip profit, it will secure 5 pips of it. I think you might want to set InitialStop, so there is an SL at 20 pips.

The MQ manual on trades has some decent explanations, I had to experiment before I understood that the profit must be greater than or equal to the trailing stop would start.

bluto:

- I'm making further mods using the Chop Zone Indicator to avoid placing trades during ranging periods.

I think ranging periods is the goldmine for this type of EA's. Why do you want to avoid it? I would prefer to trade only during ranging periods... I think trend is the enemy for these EAs.

p777m