10points 3.mq4 - page 8

yeoeleven thanks!

So I have to leave the max. trades to 10, right?

forest:
Using the default settings (except for lot size = .1) overnight and I have a nice result so far. One of the better EA's I have tried. It has potential.

M30 TF

+945.68 closed

-342.14 float

as of 19:05 GMT

The only problem is I don't have a mini-account, nor do I have $250k I want to put into an account running an EA, so hmmm....

.. why would you need 250,000? if you had that much money wouldnt you be better off doing something else..? try getting a mini account and testing it. you would spend more money in Vegas, yes?

JoZo:
yeoeleven thanks! So I have to leave the max. trades to 10, right?

Sorry the preset that I posted was the original one and now I am using 5.

I find it less aggressive, much safer.

I will edit my previous post

10points 3-1

Still moving well with the folllowing preset on a M30 TF:-

TakeProfit=30.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=0.00000000

TrailingStop=20.00000000

MaxTrades=10 edited to read MaxTrades=5

Pips=15

SecureProfit=10

AccountProtection=1

OrderstoProtect=3

ReverseCondition=0

EURUSDPipValue=10.00000000

GBPUSDPipValue=10.00000000

USDCHFPipValue=10.00000000

USDJPYPipValue=9.71500000

StartYear=2005

StartMonth=1

EndYear=2006

EndMonth=12

EndHour=22

EndMinute=30

mm=0

risk=12

AccountisNormal=0

here is this weeks detailed statement.

Note the steady progress since the MaxTrades was reduced to 5 just before the large trades closed from the prior setting.

The result so far this week was not a spectacular as last week but looks safer.

Files:

10points 3-1

furious_angel:
.. so. are you all saying that the max lot size should be reduced at this point? yes or no.

I have observed from my detailed report that when the MaxTrade is reduced to 5 the EA will close off trades in profit without them reaching their TP except for the .1 unit which is allowed to reach its TP.

This allows for reduced profit per trade but a safer route to travel.

The highest incremental increase I have had since changing down is to .4 and with it not having to reach it's full TP the chance of bigger increases are reduced.

Files:

10points 3-1

As previously posted I changed the MaxTrades down from 10 to 5 on EURUSD GBPUSD & USDCHF and the result of that change has been that the pairs close more quickly giving a quicker and smaller profit.

I am not complaining about making profit just trying to understand why this has happened.

Can someone who understands programming explain this from the latest detailed report submitted here. The huge trades in USDJPY were not affected by this change but since I have changed the MaxLots down to 5 there too.

I thought that the effect of making these changes would limit the progression to 5 increments. ( .1 .2 .4 .8. 1.6) but it has had other effects. Now with the reduced closing price the chance of progressing up to 5 increments is less likely.

This probably explains freak's previous post when he suggested this change.

John

Files:

furious_angel:
.. why would you need 250,000? if you had that much money wouldnt you be better off doing something else..? try getting a mini account and testing it. you would spend more money in Vegas, yes?

You need $250k when trading 1 lot increments because it enters alot of trades. I don't want a mini-account since I would be subjected to a dealing desk.

I am curious as to why you think a person with $250k to trade is better off doing something else. If you have better ideas with higher potential rates of returns, please point me in that direction. LOL.

yeoeleven:
Sorry the preset that I posted was the original one and now I am using 5.

I find it less aggressive, much safer.

I will edit my previous post

I think I am going to try that too... and see how it runs on 1 lot increments.

forest:
I am curious as to why you think a person with $250k to trade is better off doing something else. If you have better ideas with higher potential rates of returns, please point me in that direction. LOL.

.. he he.. well... as i am sure you al ready know, i cant realy answer that question for you. i dont know what your goals are for the future. i would have to spend sometime with you to put more peices of the puzzle together for you.

furious_angel:
.. he he.. well... as i am sure you al ready know, i cant realy answer that question for you. i dont know what your goals are for the future. i would have to spend sometime with you to put more peices of the puzzle together for you.