Terminator v2.0 - page 25

hades291:
Hi trader,

Thx m8. But my understanding is that you use the MACD as a trigger where as Tom uses OOBO=5 as a trigger, plus i want to see the USDJPY results..hehehe (I know it ended up in profit, just curious to see his results )

But appreciate your help, Trader

hades291

My pleasure tom,

uuaahhh USD/JPY... a realy dangerous pair for this strategy... i don´t trade them and i know why ! I think you too

mr.trader

Statements w/e 3 Nov 2006

statements...We went over the 2x hurdle this past week.

Another good week for Tv2

Another good week for Tv2. I like that nice rising trendline on balance.

Full detailed statement attached...

Set files also attached.

-CS

Thx Tom

Nice.

hades291

Terminator trade execution

Hi Hope I have posted this in the right place for help. I have looked around the forum and can't find anything elsewhere.

I have loaded up Terminator 3.1 - looks great and I have a smiley face - I am using it with the default settings on the Eur.USD however the alerts are a bit of a problem as;

1. The alerts are coming up continuously (all for 0.5 lot so not an additional trigger signal for more lots) and

2. I don't have the option for instant execution to buy or sell on the demo account. (Which presumably would stop problem 1)

I have tried setting expert propoerties to manual =1 but I'm not sure if I am on the right track. I can open a trade manually by creating another order window and it executes into the demo account fine. Am I missing some other settings?

Sorry if this post is too simplistic for this section but I would love to try this ea out.

cheers

ylundon:
Hi Hope I have posted this in the right place for help. I have looked around the forum and can't find anything elsewhere.

I have loaded up Terminator 3.1 - looks great and I have a smiley face - I am using it with the default settings on the Eur.USD however the alerts are a bit of a problem as;

1. The alerts are coming up continuously (all for 0.5 lot so not an additional trigger signal for more lots) and

2. I don't have the option for instant execution to buy or sell on the demo account. (Which presumably would stop problem 1)

I have tried setting expert propoerties to manual =1 but I'm not sure if I am on the right track. I can open a trade manually by creating another order window and it executes into the demo account fine. Am I missing some other settings?

Sorry if this post is too simplistic for this section but I would love to try this ea out.

cheers

Hello ylundon,

If i'm not mistaken, first set the manual=1 back to 0. Secondly, bring the chart up with the EA on it and press F7. This should bring up your settings for the EA on that chart. In the common tab, make sure in the "Live Trading" area you have checked the box saying "Allow Live Trading" and leave the other box asking for manual confirmation unchecked.

This should hopefully fix the issue. If not, i'm as lost as you are as this is the only setting that comes to mind that can hinder the EA from placing the trades with your broker automatically.

Good luck m8.

hades291

Folks - I'm using an OpenOrdersBasedOn setting of 1 (Pivots) with not so hot performance. What seems to be the consensus with all of the testing as to the best setting for this? Thanks!

bluto:
Folks - I'm using an OpenOrdersBasedOn setting of 1 (Pivots) with not so hot performance. What seems to be the consensus with all of the testing as to the best setting for this? Thanks!

0 is more trades and seems to be pretty good results. 5 is less trades and seems a little safer.

One thing I noticed about only trading in the direction of positive interest is that you never seem to get any positions hedging each other. When I trade in both directions on multiple pairs, they would hedge each other on occasion.