Well working Trading System ! - page 74

pooh123:
Hello Malden,

I checked TrendStrengthExpert v2.4 ~v2.1 and found that there might be a bug in the codes. Below is the codes in question:

// - SELL Orders

if (mode==OP_SELL)

{

if ( BreakEven > 0 && BEvent==0)

{

Gain = (OrderOpenPrice()-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK))/Point;

if( Gain >= BreakEven && (OrderStopLoss()>=OrderOpenPrice()-ProfitLock*Point || OrderStopLoss()== 0))

{

double SellStop = NormalizeDouble(OrderOpenPrice()-ProfitLock*Point,Digits);

BEvent=-1;

}

}

else

if (TrailingStop > 0 && TrailingStop > 0) SellStop = NormalizeDouble(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK) + TrailingStop*Point,Digits);
Near the bottom of the quote, you duplicated "TrailingStop>0" in "if(TrailingStop>0 && TrailingStop>0). I think it might have been intended to be: " if(TrailingMode==1 && TrailingStop>0)".

Could you please check about it and confirm ?

Thanks,

pooh123

Hi Newdigital,

I browsed the thread and learned that someone else had already found the same issue I mentioned above. In addition he also found a bug with mm. However, those two errors were only corrected in TrendStrengthExpert, not with TrendEnvelopeExpert v2.1~2.4, please update relevant versions of TrendEnvelopeExpert.

pooh123

pooh123:
Hello Mr. Tools,

Today I backtested TrendStrengthExpert 5 d on eurusd again, with maxorders at 10. It opened multiple orders, no matter the setting for exitmode was 0 or 1. I have no idea why it didn't work the last time I backtested it.

pooh123

Hello Mr. Tools,

A correction to my earlier post today. When I backtest with exitmode at 0 the EA opens multiple orders. If I backtest with exitmode at 7, the system still only have 1 open order at any moment.

pooh123

Hi pooh123,

ExitMode 0 is no exit by indicators (make shure that you have stop loss and take profit for example).

By the way - I am forward testing 2 versions and no any multiply orders (I am using exitmode 7).

I am trading (forward testing) 2 versions for the long time:

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 and TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2

But there are a lot of the versions created by different coders:

TrendStrengthExpert_v2

TrendStrengthExpert_v2Scalper_2

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.3

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.4

Trend_Envelope_Expert_v2.4.1

for 4 digit broker

for 5 digit broker

I think - it is not simple "fixing possible bugs".

I think - 1 or 3 versions should be identified, codes should be simplified, useless indicators - deleted from the codes, TrendStrengthExpert_v2 should be improved, account protection feature should be inserted (same as for latest Tickscalper for example).

So, it is not simple to do ... because it may be good to have such the EAs as "all-in-one" (many trading systems/strategies/indicators were coded inside EA) but it is difficult to trade them all to find good settings.

I think - we can make some review about those EAs to improve and to simplify and to correct possible bugs (as I said - those EAs were coded/improved by difefrent coders long time ago).

I think - same for breakout EAs (account protection feature + market condition evaluation to trade in particular market condition only).

It is not for 1 day or for 1 week ....

Appreciate you testing that Pooh123, narrows down what needs to be fixed or updated.

My pleasure. I learned a lot at the forum. The EA's from masters like project1972, malden, and Igorad are good learning tools for me. I see beauty in their code lines. It's important that we backtest and forward test those EA's and understand the codes. It serves three purposes:

- Have confidence in the EA

- Modify the EA for own use to minimize trader effect

- Learn their coding skills

Hello Mr Tools,

I backtested TrendEnvelopeExper v2.4 eurusd with default setting, with Exitmode =1. At the default setting of Exitmode=1, the EA is supposed to close order in two ways- by taking profit or getting signal from trendstrength indicator. However, during the backtest with 10 years of historical data, I found the EA only closes order in one way – taking profit. I tried changing Exitmode to values of 2 ~ 5, which calls for exit trades by trendenvelope, AddSignal, whichever comes first, or Signal. With values of Exitmode=2~5, it works- the EA closes orders by TP and those approaches. However, with Exitmode=1, it doesn’t work-the EA only closes order by taking profit. I checked the codes high and low but couldn’t find where the problem is. Could you please enlighten me on cause of the problem ?

Thanks

pooh123

pooh123:
Hello Mr Tools,

I backtested TrendEnvelopeExper v2.4 eurusd with default setting, with Exitmode =1. At the default setting of Exitmode=1, the EA is supposed to close order in two ways- by taking profit or getting signal from trendstrength indicator. However, during the backtest with 10 years of historical data, I found the EA only closes order in one way – taking profit. I tried changing Exitmode to values of 2 ~ 5, which calls for exit trades by trendenvelope, AddSignal, whichever comes first, or Signal. With values of Exitmode=2~5, it works- the EA closes orders by TP and those approaches. However, with Exitmode=1, it doesn’t work-the EA only closes order by taking profit. I checked the codes high and low but couldn’t find where the problem is. Could you please enlighten me on cause of the problem ?

Thanks

pooh123

Hi Pooh123,

Looks good in the code only possibility is try if you already haven't tried, TS_mode = 2 for entry that is the mode that is hard coded in the exit. Just for information am planning on updating this Ea, tried with this template but kept and still having problems, plan on using the Kaufman Ama Ea as a template, and redo the indicators ,etc, once i get a break from TickScalper and another Ea i'm working on, should be pretty soon, think instead of this TrendStrength maybe use Mladen's newest TrendStrength indicator,in fact now that i think of it most of these indicators have already updated.

Hi Mr Tool,

I tried setting TS_Mode=2 but the EA opens no trades. Doesn't have a clue. Anyway, glad to hear that you'll upgrade this EA. Although it has weakness, this EA has the potential of becoming a great EA if its weakness can be resolved.

Well working Trading System (H4 timeframe):

- original thread is here;

- system indicators: Range_v2 and v2.1 (modified Price Channel for MTF), TrendEnvelopes_v1 and v1.1 with sound alert (modified Envelopes with trend view), TrendStrength_v1 (modified AbsoluteStrength with trend view), fixed and updated TrendStrength_v1.1 and MTF TrendStrength_v1.1, TrendRSI indicator, and some next versions of the indicators are here including MAofHA_v1 and AddSignal_v1, TrendStrength_v2.2 (identical with VT version).

- TrendEnvelopeExpert EA is here: it is very advanced EA with many modes for enter and exit switching between many indicators.

- TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA: trading manually and explanation starting from this page till this one.

- TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA: trading manually and explanation starting from this page till this one.

and

TrendRSX trading system is on this post.

-------------

It is updated visual (forward trading) statement, TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA, for GBPUSD:

----------------------

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results.

More about it:

Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Want to also post this here had started a jurik version of Trend Strength Ea in Advanced Elite back in the day we only had jurik over there now since its in regular Elite might as well share it here as well, in fact while i'm typing this thinking maybe somehow merge the thread with this one. Anyway this is Trend Strength on jurik Ea. The Ea pretty much an upgrade from the original Trend Strength Ea has auto magic and some extra time filters added, with upgraded indicators as well. Been testing it on 1 minute time frame so far 3 trades 3 very small wins, but its opening and closing trades, verifying its working.

ps) there was a bug found in one of the indicators the indicator was jurik STC nrp which was called by jurik Addsignal_v1 which was called by Ea JurikTrendStrength_v1.21, so posting the 2 fixed indicators along with fixed Ea version 1.23 now.