Great EA in backtest! - page 71

kalamari:
i didn't try, because it's only me who gets so optimistic results. i'll optimize sl for 4 months period and will run ct on real account till friday. we'll see.

oh No... I'm very optimistic about the results, just that back testing hasnt done anything but get me overly excited and then downright confused when forward wont match...

But even back tests show some weeks have draw downs that CT eventually works its way out of, so if you fire up the EA one week and it does horrible doesnt mean its going to next week and visa versa... thats why I lean toward forward testing live a few months and see how it averages out.. and since IBFX allows micro lots it doenst cost very much at all to just let it run wild for a while... and as we know the market is pitifully indescisive right now

any test you can pull off to see if you can match up the trades would be really interesting and thanx in advance for giving it a shot.

DudeWorks:
CT uses neural learning to make descisions, yes its needs to run for a period of time and not be interupted, its also best not to run any other EA's in the same MT4 session as CT.

The author of CT has begun putting together Neural netwrok database that the Pro version will connect to, this allows everyone running the EA to contribute to the simulation learning patterns and to read from them instantly as well.

Also note that since CT uses Neural simulations to make descisions, the indicators that you enable only add "influence" to CT, CT takes your buy/sell input and will perform a simulation around that influence. So if you say RSI to Sell when price drops down thru 70 CT will begin to simuate a trade at that sell point, but it doenst care about RSI at all, just that you gave it input that you'd like to sell at that point.

more evidence of this is if you take 2 MT4 setups that are identically setup with CT, and start them up only minutes apart they will trade differently since thier simulation/learning time is also different...this is at least best I can figure why 2 setups or more will all trade differently using the same price feeds and settings... hence possible why demo and live dont always trade the same

Something I see keeps coming up is that ppl expect to see a profit right away, you need to be patient, this EA needs to run a couple weeks or months before you says its good or bad... My testing says it has great potential, but I'll only say its a success after more than 3 months running.

last week was the first profitable week running out of about 3 1/2 weeks, but its also the first week I left it alone and let it run with NO interuptions.

Back testing hasnt done much justice for this EA except to confirm that it can actually make trades, every ones tests seem to be dramatically different.

I've forward tested most all the versions live and only 185f has worked successfully. 188 sucked the $ outta my account very quick, 185f got some of it back for me and is slowly growing upward

"I am by no means an expert on this EA, I'm just sharing my observation from my live use of this EA, I am STILL learning from this EA.. I could be wrong about some this"

I tend to conclude in agreement of what you say. I see that if this is allowed to learn for 3 weeks or so it improves. The problem this creates is that I have to leave it alone and running that long...and not turn it off or restart it. That makes it impossible to test forward on the laptop which is going on and off. Every time I try a new version I have turned off the previous version and therefore lost it's weeks of learning in favor of the features of the new version which then has to start it's learning curve from that point. oy

please keep us posted on this group nerual database thing.

fxdiva:
Hi everyone,

I'm getting my best results from v1.85f. Why did "we" change from that?

The others don't seem to be producing the same great results.

that is the only version I'll use because the developers of CT say its the finished version. hence the " f "

The other versions are beta testing and not finished. And have bugs.

what kind of settings are you using on 30 min?

From the very beginning of running mine on real account, I have it on 24/7. I never close mt not even for the weekend. This is setup on a PC that is not used for anything else sept to run this EA.

I do all my back tests and manual trading from another PC. I suspected that it needed to be allowed to run 24/7.

I belive it learnes.

Aaragorn:
I tend to conclude in agreement of what you say. I see that if this is allowed to learn for 3 weeks or so it improves. The problem this creates is that I have to leave it alone and running that long...and not turn it off or restart it. That makes it impossible to test forward on the laptop which is going on and off. Every time I try a new version I have turned off the previous version and therefore lost it's weeks of learning in favor of the features of the new version which then has to start it's learning curve from that point. oy please keep us posted on this group nerual database thing.

I dont see too much problems shutting down week to week, or even day to day maybe...it seems to only be looking back some # of series.. mine shuts down when broker shuts down.. every sunday is a fresh start... now with a neural database that would not be the case, the EA would be able to just connect right up where it left off, and that may be the real value in getting on board with the commercial version if they make that happen.

I'm not sure its minutes, hours etc.. but it definately seems to trade better as it accummulates a trading record... I've also noticed that the better it starts off the better it does.. in other words if it starts with series of bad trades it never really seems to climb all the way out of it but it if it gets a better start it appears to carry on in that direction of success.

I say stick with 185f, I'm not rich from it yet, but it appears to be going in a positive direction at the moment, I had a down week, a flat week and an up week, if this week goes positive will begin to get excited a little...its gotten better since I quit tinkering with it... and I wouldnt keep trading it live if I didnt think it was really on to something good...

DudeWorks:
I dont see too much problems shutting down week to week, or even day to day maybe...it seems to only be looking back some # of series.. mine shuts down when broker shuts down.. every sunday is a fresh start... now with a neural database that would not be the case, the EA would be able to just connect right up where it left off, and that may be the real value in getting on board with the commercial version if they make that happen.

I'm not sure its minutes, hours etc.. but it definately seems to trade better as it accummulates a trading record... I've also noticed that the better it starts off the better it does.. in other words if it starts with series of bad trades it never really seems to climb all the way out of it but it if it gets a better start it appears to carry on in that direction of success.

I say stick with 185f, I'm not rich from it yet, but it appears to be going in a positive direction at the moment, I had a down week, a flat week and an up week, if this week goes positive will begin to get excited a little...its gotten better since I quit tinkering with it... and I wouldnt keep trading it live if I didnt think it was really on to something good...

Ok I can verify that I've seen this same thing in my tests. I've seen it start off and go positive and then continue positive OR start off and go negative and then continue to fall. So...What makes the difference? What could we conclude that is in our power to change? How do we get it going in our favor? It's one thing to see it drawdown a strategy test but another to watch it drawdown your live account.

I found a log file the decision making process is stored from CT.

pikachucom:
ok,

and I guess on the recomended pairs of EURUSD and USDJPY

thanks

I've been using the GBP/USD, but I'm sure others would also be profitable.

Fx Diva

xxDavidxSxx:
I found a log file the decision making process is stored from CT.

thats default in MT4, CT is not reading it or you'd see code reading in the text strings of course.... I still dont see what "probability" it scores in order to enter a trade...so this could be good to scroll back through and see what its really doing

DudeWorks:
CT uses neural learning to make descisions, yes its needs to run for a period of time and not be interupted, its also best not to run any other EA's in the same MT4 session as CT.

I've forward tested most all the versions live and only 185f has worked successfully. 188 sucked the $ outta my account very quick, 185f got some of it back for me and is slowly growing upward

"I am by no means an expert on this EA, I'm just sharing my observation from my live use of this EA, I am STILL learning from this EA.. I could be wrong about some this"

Hey thanks for the insight. I think I'm going to stick with this version. Have you noticed anything that I should really look out for.

Fx Diva