Great EA in backtest! - page 5

integrityfx:
I just started testing this system as well.

i'm using the following settings aside from the default

Risk - .3

AutoLots - False

Lots - 5

on a 1 hour chart..

Does this sound correct to all?

BTW

I trade with interbankFX and i already have a scalper system in place, they don't give me any trouble.. I only go to 5 lots but it turns up plenty profit for me. I back tested this system and you can pull out well over 10k a week going for 5 lots.

Hey can you share your scalper system...

Interbank is cool they dont give any problems

cyberiatrader 1.60 and presets

Attached find the latest Cybertrader and the presets for EUR and JPY M1. According to the deleloper's documentation it needs to be traded on M1 for best effectivess. Please post your comments and suggestions.

fxspeedster:
Attached find the latest Cybertrader and the presets for EUR and JPY M1. According to the deleloper's documentation it needs to be traded on M1 for best effectivess. Please post your comments and suggestions.

hmm.. I've been trying to backtest this one but with no orders issued at all. I used the presets you gave for M1 testing. Does it have to do with the broker? I'm using StrategyBuilderFX ...

Magic numbers

Can one of you add Magic numbers to this EA so it does not interfere with other orders?

It seems i get the best results in back testing with M30, a few more good trades then H1 but i don't get any results on a back test with M1.

Are others experiencing this as well?

I have my scalper programmed into MetaStockfx pro and i'm trading it manually with interbank, the program conversion to MT4 should be complete in the next day or so, or so says my programmer... I'd be happy to share once complete.

investor_me:
hmm.. I've been trying to backtest this one but with no orders issued at all. I used the presets you gave for M1 testing. Does it have to do with the broker? I'm using StrategyBuilderFX ...

When back testing on the M1 chart i get ZERO trades as well, i think there's just a problem in the tester with M1. If you change it to anything else you'll see a slew of trade. Best results come from the M30 chart for me then followed by H1.

FXSPEEDSTER -

Are you able to back test on a M1 chart? Have you done any successful forward testing on this chart?

integrityfx:
When back testing on the M1 chart i get ZERO trades as well, i think there's just a problem in the tester with M1. If you change it to anything else you'll see a slew of trade. Best results come from the M30 chart for me then followed by H1.

FXSPEEDSTER -

Are you able to back test on a M1 chart? Have you done any successful forward testing on this chart?

Same here..there is not enough M1 data to sustain a good test. Closest is on M5 and very good results since 2000..winrate >95%. Livetrading on M1 is very good at Neurex, but IBFX has poor M1 data so not that many trades. You will need to turn on one of the filters like ADX, CCI, Fractals etc to get a direction on the M1 data..especially on IBFX. The author recommends only M1 for live trading since with other timeframes there can be many trades on one bar and this sometimes does not work good. One good observation: on M1 it rarely takes more than 1 pip profit, but on M5 it takes 2-4 frequently..I guess the move is more defined on M5 that's why. Please post your EA, that would be great to test.

i running it on a 30min right now... let you all know how it goes

BTW on a 30min it takes between 3-5 in profitable trades... Gives up 9 on losses

results so far...

Is the upgraded version any better?

integrityfx:
BTW on a 30min it takes between 3-5 in profitable trades... Gives up 9 on losses

results so far...

Is the upgraded version any better?

Hard to say, but it is a major revision from the last version. I have it running om M1 and M5 for the last 3 hrs and no signals so far. However, I can see in the Experts log that it is doing calculations. So I am sure it will fire signals soon. I have the ADX and fractal filter on Period_H1 so that is filtering out a lot of signals. Will keep you posted.