Great EA in backtest! - page 93

Arthur_1_:
hi David,

if you would like to trade micro lots with fxdd then you only need to write them an email and say that you want to have micro lots enabled in your platform.

look at this mail which i got back from fxdd:

"

Dear Sir,

Per your request, your account has been enabled to trade micro lots. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business.

Regards,

Roodmy Cesar

FXDD Sales/support

75 Park Place, 4th flr

New York, NY 10007

Tel: 212.791.3950

Fax: 212.937.3845

roodmy.cesar@fxdd.com

www.fxdd.com

""

now are micro lots enabled

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! SwEEET

I just e-mailed them!!!

AZBOfin:
now i'm completely lost!

according to the code it can't say "good" trading hour during a blocked hour. it's a simple if/then statement.

(or do i misunderstand your statement?)

what i have meant in my previous post was that i don't know how realiable those blocked hours are given on the CT web site.

AZBOfin

the hours to disavle are per what ever econimic calander you'r looking at. And times of news realeses.

What I ment is ...if you set it to disable durring the 8:30 am EST news, and the news hour is at hand, and the chart still says good trading hour, then you have it wrong in the settings.

Can you give me a link to the disabled trade hours on there site your talking about so I can see what you mean?

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
What I ment is ...if you set it to disable durring the 8:30 am EST news, and the news hour is at hand, and the chart still says good trading hour, then you have it wrong in the settings.

it's all right... we were talking about the same thingy never mind...

xxDavidxSxx:
Can you give me a link to the disabled trade hours on there site your talking about so I can see what you mean?

here's the link, unfortunately the site is down right now for maintenance:

http://cyberia.org.ru/node/17

i took those hours as published and applied them to the individual pairs. didn't have very good results yesterday though. and now, since the CT site is down i can't do the setup for tomorrow.

i am going to switch to another strategy. the IBFX site has a news calendar at http://www.interbankfx.com/economic_calendar.php. i take the news times that i think are important, convert them from EST to GMT and add them to the EA for the duration of the day. for tomorrow thursday i'll add 4, 5, 8, 9 and 10 EST = 8, 9, 12, 13, and 14 GMT to the list of disabled hours.

the JPY pairs still bother me. don't have a clue what their "dangerous" hours are. 9 to midnight GMT seem still the best bet.

may the pips be with you

AZBOfin

MTReport

in case you guys didn't see this (from another thread here at ForexTSD)...

download this great little tool to analyze the MT statement reports:

http://www.loombo.com/dl/8010

AZBOfin

I have 5,4 am est and 8 and 10 am est disabled in my $jpy back tests so those are the only times I have disabled in real money. That way I am running it exactly as the tests were run.

Try this guys, it disables the EA and enables, read the pdf

Files:
edea1_5.zip  534 kb

AZBOfin:
download this great little tool to analyze the MT statement reports:

thx AZBOfin,

very useful tool.

update

14 wins 6 losses...70%

So far ok

So far...

WINS: 5

LOSSES: 2

It seems as though everytime i have a couple of wins, i have loss. The problem with the loss is that it takes the amount of wins with it, leaving my account balance at what i started with...

David, any suggestions man??

my results so far

eurusd

Total number of trades 38

Percentage profitable 73.7%

Total number of pips 38

usdjpy

Total number of trades 25

Percentage profitable 44.0%

Total number of pips -142

no time control on both