Great EA in backtest! - page 56

it is weired that most people come up with different results using the same settings.

Me, kat, aragorn seem to be close but still differ. And others with the same settings get crap.

I tried to use the 4 hr chart over the same 8 weeks one guy did with his settings. And mine went all down hill.

This EA has a mind of its own.

Once again I sugest every one find your own settings that work for you. Don't worrry what every one else gets with your setings. If it works well on your broker, PC, server, what ever the factors are, then use it.

Mine made no trades this week. This is ok because in back testing there was peroids like that where it can go days or a week with no trades.

I expect next week to give me a few.

Have a great wekend

dave

Aaragorn:
this is Interbanks' answer to the testing variances...

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.

info: You are now chatting with 'Client Services'

Client Services: Hello, My name is Jen, How may I help you?

you: I am curious why running an Expert advisor in a demo account produces different trades when it runs in my live account?

Client Services: The demo account, order go through immediately.

Client Services: A live account, you have to take into consideration they are

Client Services: real orders that we have to fill.

Client Services: What exact problems do you have / differences?

you: well the real account is not placing as many orders nor is the win/loss ratio anywhere near the same

you: the live account is far less winning

you: and far less active

Client Services: Does this happen during news?

you: I am not tracking news just technicals

you: i run the two side by side demo and live

you: and watch the demo account out perform the live account

Client Services: We do allow trading during news; however you must be aware that there are certain risks associated with doing this. If there is a gap in the market which happens quite often during news announcements the market may gap in an unfavorable direction causing you to incur additional losses. We do not guarantee stops and limits.

Client Services: You will only see slippage in your account if there is a gap in the market and it gaps through your price. Gaps are rare in the market, but during times of volatility and events such as news announcements they certainly happen.

Client Services: So this is different too then a demo account.

I guess he didn't get the part of running live and demo side by side. Did you tell him this had nothing to do with news?

or were you trading news?

Georgiy:
Dont use backtest mostly because it gives completely different results - there is a big problem in the program. Forward testing is the best but live account is a different story but it closer to reality.

Well put! No serious investor has ever considered backtesting results as evidence of the performance of an EA. Even forward testing is not always good as well, but it's better than nothing. backtest results according to my experience may be dangeriously misleading. watch out!

xxDavidxSxx:
I guess he didn't get the part of running live and demo side by side. Did you tell him this had nothing to do with news? or were you trading news?

read the conversation closly, I told him I was only using technicals.

Aaragorn:
this is Interbanks' answer to the testing variances...

Chat Transcript

info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.

info: You are now chatting with 'Client Services'

Client Services: Hello, My name is Jen, How may I help you?

you: I am curious why running an Expert advisor in a demo account produces different trades when it runs in my live account?

Client Services: The demo account, order go through immediately.

Client Services: A live account, you have to take into consideration they are

Client Services: real orders that we have to fill.

Client Services: What exact problems do you have / differences?

you: well the real account is not placing as many orders nor is the win/loss ratio anywhere near the same

you: the live account is far less winning

you: and far less active

Client Services: Does this happen during news?

you: I am not tracking news just technicals

you: i run the two side by side demo and live

you: and watch the demo account out perform the live account

Client Services: We do allow trading during news; however you must be aware that there are certain risks associated with doing this. If there is a gap in the market which happens quite often during news announcements the market may gap in an unfavorable direction causing you to incur additional losses. We do not guarantee stops and limits.

Client Services: You will only see slippage in your account if there is a gap in the market and it gaps through your price. Gaps are rare in the market, but during times of volatility and events such as news announcements they certainly happen.

Client Services: So this is different too then a demo account.

This still doesn't give a logical explanation about the differences. I have a feeling the client service guy is blaming the news for that while it may be for other reasons (trading against you?!)

investor_me:
This still doesn't give a logical explanation about the differences. I have a feeling the client service guy is blaming the news for that while it may be for other reasons (trading against you?!)

I don't know what to believe. I doesn't give a full explaination of anything. It seems more evasive than helpful.

Romano:

Will run the settings next week on a Demo and report at end of the week using , the version in the preset's. thanks

Aaragorn:
read the conversation closly, I told him I was only using technicals.

thats what I thought you ment. He was evasive with his answers. Or he didn't understand when you said "using only technicals" cause I was unsure what you ment my self.

Rather than if you'd had said "I disable the EA durring news".

The frase "using only technicals" to me literaly speaking, would mean you only use charts and indicaters. Not fundimentals.

well the demo hasn't done well this week. I turned off the EA in my live account a couple days ago too. I don't need a bunch of trash trades in my account to tell me that it varies from the demo.

Well as to you this?

MT 4 build 195 EUR H4

Files:
cr185f.zip  256 kb