Great EA in backtest! - page 39

xxDavidxSxx:
It don't work properly.

I entered all the times on the clock to disable trading. And set gmt to 3. It still made trades. Then I started changing the gmt # starting from 1. Finally at gmt 8 when it got to the news bar it didn't trade it. But it made trades 3 bars later. (all trade times disabled from 00-23)Then I tharted taking away times not to trade 1 at a time to see if it would start trading the news bar again. It didn't. Then I changed the gmt # again and still didn't trade the news bar.

is any one else having a problem with this function?

I guess I'll have to turn it off manually untill it gets fixed. Unless some one can help test this function on FXDD demo and find what I am doing wrong if its me.

Dave

Ok I reset every thing and kept trying to test it.

I set time not to trade at 14 because that was the lable of the candle at 8 am est......finaly at GMT 2 it worked. It didn't trade first fri of the months 8:30 am est news realese. Then I found a 10 am news that was being traded and set it not to trade 16. That worked too.

So ....FXDD GMT=2 and time not to trade 14=8am est/ 12 GMT

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Ok I reset every thing and kept trying to test it.

I set time not to trade at 14 because that was the lable of the candle at 8 am est......finaly at GMT 2 it worked. It didn't trade first fri of the months 8:30 am est news realese. Then I found a 10 am news that was being traded and set it not to trade 16. That worked too.

So ....FXDD GMT=2 and time not to trade 14=8am est/ 12 GMT

Dave

Strange, pls look at my screenshot, it is FXDD demo at ~10:05 CET. It shows not trading time 8:00 GMT.

I have good result with these settings for the last week. Could you be so kind and post your settings too? tx

kat:
Strange, pls look at my screenshot, it is FXDD demo at ~10:05 CET. It shows not trading time 8:00 GMT. I have good result with these settings for the last week. Could you be so kind and post your settings too? tx

Ok i see what your saying. Buy the time in the top left corner "good trading hour or bad trading hour"

I set it to GMT=3 on the one I am running on real account. It says now is a good trading hr "9" (5am est) and if I count ahead to 12 it will be at 8am est.

I guess it was the back test that was the problem.

Thanks

dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Ok i see what your saying. Buy the time in the top left corner "good trading hour or bad trading hour"

I set it to GMT=3 on the one I am running on real account. It says now is a good trading hr "9" (5am est) and if I count ahead to 12 it will be at 8am est.

I guess it was the back test that was the problem.

Thanks

dave

Good idea, the back test. I use Alpari data for this. I just have emailed to alpari, they say this:

"MT works and shows Central European Time which is GMT+2 during Daylight Saving and GMT+1 in winter."

So I have tried to adjust this by import the alpari data with shift 1 hour in MT but the option for this is not active. What is wrong with me?

kat:
Good idea, the back test. I use Alpari data for this. I just have emailed to alpari, they say this:

"MT works and shows Central European Time which is GMT+2 during Daylight Saving and GMT+1 in winter."

So I have tried to adjust this by import the alpari data with shift 1 hour in MT but the option for this is not active. What is wrong with me?

Ahh that explains it. Glad I am not the idoit I was thinking I was. I am still confident in my tests results. Waching the visual and seeing it make good trades. Plus it makes money on the news. The only news I want it to stay out of are the certian ones that it won't be able to successfully place an order in like the first fri. of the month and a couple of others.

Now that I have renamed the EA and solved the news issue, Can any one help me make it stop placing orders on .01-.09 incraments? And stick to .1-.9 and above? So that it don't look like the cyberiatrader the brokers all know and hate.

Is that gonna even be possible?

Does the other EA's place orders in .01-.09 incraments too? If so then it might not be nessasary.

Dave

Brokers are unable to recognise what system you are trading. All they do is feed you the data, and take your orders. The program is on your PC not theirs, so they cannot see. All they can do is try to make assumptions.

you will find that no mt4 server saves trading journals, which means basically the journal section is just on your pc.

So changing the name is pointless or whatever. The thing is, if it turns 10k into 700k (not saying it will) The broker wont pay you. Its that simple. No broker can pay someone that kind of return over 24 hours.Not to mention the problems you will have with the bank. And the media will be at your doorstep.

TaKiii:
Brokers are unable to recognise what system you are trading. All they do is feed you the data, and take your orders. The program is on your PC not theirs, so they cannot see. All they can do is try to make assumptions.

you will find that no mt4 server saves trading journals, which means basically the journal section is just on your pc.

So changing the name is pointless or whatever. The thing is, if it turns 10k into 700k (not saying it will) The broker wont pay you. Its that simple. No broker can pay someone that kind of return over 24 hours.Not to mention the problems you will have with the bank. And the media will be at your doorstep.

Cyberia expert write a string ("neuro cluster testing") in the comment column of the trading tab. Can the brokers recognise this so that we should change this string to something else?

fxspeedster:
Hello to everyone,

I have been busy testing some enhancements to CT but still version 185f offerrs the best trading and profits. Simpler is better in this case.

The EA makes really good profit on M5 EUR and JPY. However to find a broker that will take the real action is impossible at least on M5. CrownFX, CFGTrader, FXDD do not want the business of this EA and if you start trading there on M5 they will shut you down after 24 hrs. So the only feasible option is to go to H1 which places a lot less trades. Time will tell if the brokers will allow it on H1 anyway. If the EA does not trade at whatever broker you have it set up, rename the EA to name of your choice, and reload it on the charts. It will be allowed to trade until (perhaps) the broker decides not to allow trading by it. I am now aware that Metatrader4 allows for ban of EAs with certain names. Doing this option will allow the EA to trade for a while.

One question I have: does anybody know a broker that has confirmed that they can clear CT at all and they will allow it? Otherwise having a good EA is of no use since you can only demo trade it. Please comment on this.

FXSpeedster, please tell us some details on this EA banning. Who has experianced this?

We are getting conflicting opinions on this. Is there any evidence that they are banning a specific EA or are they just not accepting this the type of orders that it is placing.

To bo more specific...has any one been banned from using this EA from FXDD? They advertise totaly annonimous orders and streight through processing.

As for the statement a couple of posts ago..not paying out if 10 is turned to 700k, they would be sued for it. No jurry wants to hear about a big bank or broker ripping off the general public. They provide a platform and accept orders from a platform that allows you to create and trade with an automated program. If some one is so smart that they can develope a system that makes that much money then his reward is justified.

there are laws in the united states that prevent a broker from not paying out.

Worst case senario is they'ed be made to pay and then they would discontinue allowing the use of EA's after that.

I suggest if your gonna use an EA that makes that much money that fast that you do it with a broker that is located in the U.S. and governed by U.S. laws. False advertising is a very big no no here and very punishable.

I am not worried about making too much money because I have made this a very conservitive system that will make 300-600k per year. Depending on max lot size. max lots of 10 will produce 65-100k year, max lots of 100 will produce 500-600k per year. so on and so forth. These are estamates based on testing but my tests are very consistant accross 2 years. testing each month indavidually and 1 year at a time and 2 years streight through. The %'s are the same. 65% wins and 35% max draw downs. A very viable sytem that should produce through any market for years to come.

Also...the the test results are in HTML format. So its possible the broker could have a record sent by the platform? I dunno.

Dave

Dave or Others:

I have been running this EA from the opensource copy on the website on (2) different platforms.

This EA does not have a so called input for GMT time or anything else, however it does not run 24/7, seems to run like maybe 12 hours a day or so, is there something built into the software that just allows the opensource EA just to run during certain time frames, without the user inputting any information. It appears not to run like from early afternoon CST time till late in the evening, otherwise positions on the 1H open normally, any help would be appreciated. Also should I be using a different EA posted in this thread.

Now on another subject I would strongly recommend running this EA at least in Demo mode on Velocity4x. you have to fill a form to get an email to download the platform, however the demo mode & live mode is on the same server, spoke to these guy's on the phone, I am not pushing this US broker, however the results at least today were more favorable using their MT4 platform, just check it out. I have been using copies of there demo on several different EA's, just change the name platform will last longer than 2 weeks, just keep the file and open a new one, using a different directory to load it up

Thanks!

xxDavidxSxx:
FXSpeedster, please tell us some details on this EA banning. Who has experianced this?

We are getting conflicting opinions on this. Is there any evidence that they are banning a specific EA or are they just not accepting this the type of orders that it is placing.

To bo more specific...has any one been banned from using this EA from FXDD? They advertise totaly annonimous orders and streight through processing.

As for the statement a couple of posts ago..not paying out if 10 is turned to 700k, they would be sued for it. No jurry wants to hear about a big bank or broker ripping off the general public. They provide a platform and accept orders from a platform that allows you to create and trade with an automated program. If some one is so smart that they can develope a system that makes that much money then his reward is justified.

there are laws in the united states that prevent a broker from not paying out.

Worst case senario is they'ed be made to pay and then they would discontinue allowing the use of EA's after that.

I suggest if your gonna use an EA that makes that much money that fast that you do it with a broker that is located in the U.S. and governed by U.S. laws. False advertising is a very big no no here and very punishable.

I am not worried about making too much money because I have made this a very conservitive system that will make 300-600k per year. Depending on max lot size. max lots of 10 will produce 65-100k year, max lots of 100 will produce 500-600k per year. so on and so forth. These are estamates based on testing but my tests are very consistant accross 2 years. testing each month indavidually and 1 year at a time and 2 years streight through. The %'s are the same. 65% wins and 35% max draw downs. A very viable sytem that should produce through any market for years to come.

Also...the the test results are in HTML format. So its possible the broker could have a record sent by the platform? I dunno.

Dave

On H1 timeframe there will be no issue with banning. There are many instances that the EA will not run live even on demo at certain brokers until it is renamed. Is this a coincidence or not? MT4 has capability to allow remote viewing of 1. what indicators the trader uses 2. what system and what comments are being generated while trading. This gives the dealers on the other end an idea of what they can use to overcome the trader's advantage (if any). In the case of CT, the broker will want to see the statement that the trader ran on demo before either: 1. they are allowed to start trading 2. while trading .. their "risk" assessment department constantly monitor every trader's activity and will ban traders that execute too many fast and successful trades. To validate this info, try chatting online with any broker's support and ask questions about allowing a "high-frequency" system (to avoid the word scalper) and see what they say. Also the rule is: if the spread is fixed..such as EURUSD 2 pips etc. and does not float (1-2-3)..the broker has a desk with dealers taking the other side. Hope this info helps.