Great EA in backtest! - page 35

Regarding Dave's Post here is a short Forward test using InterbankFx with his settings of 1H this is using the version posted at the website (opensource with no changes) I have also ran this on Velocity 4x with more profits and a few more closed postions. This is automatic Money mangement this account (Demo) has about $5,700 in equity at leverage of 1:100 it uses per postion about 1/2 the margin for each trade HOWEVER it never open's more than 1 trade at a time, no matter how many curriencies you wish to trade best results are on EUR/USD, USD/JPY & GBP/USD. I tried USD/CHF & USD/CAD results somewhat weaker with wins mixed with losses.

I tried the other versions and set files posted here on this thread with crappy results almost always losses. I would check out the 1H timefrane with all the default settings, this EA seems to work differently with various MT4 brokers, I think you can change AUTOLOTS to false and run a MiniLot to check how this preforms on your broker's platform if you use it live to start. I believe this is a very underrated EA that has been tweaked to death, and it seems fine the way it is.

Files:
cyberia.htm  23 kb

24%

xxDavidxSxx:
ok here's the results. I could not trade the 2 latest versions starting with 500$ because the lot size was too small for FXDD. .01-.09 was starting size. Couldn't do it with 1000$ either as it started with .08.

I had to start with 5000$

You will notice a huge differance in the total profits at the end of test period. All 3 peroids were exactly the same.

any comments?

Dave

D1 data should not test at 24%. You should check if your data in correct. Testing quality is not good.

xxDavidxSxx:
I changed the risk to .5 on the 2 newest versions and they didn't make trades when starting from 500$.

I am sticking to the first version.

I have played with the risk from 1.0-.1 and so far I like the .5 risk at least on back testing.

I have it on 3 currancy pairs euro/$ gbp$ and $jpy. It seems that it won't have more than 1 open at a time. Any one else notice this? Seems good as to not over leverage an account by haveing 2-3 orders open at one time.

might be best to just have it on 1 pair.

Dave

Dave,

Here is a post that shows you how to load tick data for backtesting. It will give you much better quality than what you can get from a broker's datafeed.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Forest

forest:
Dave,

Here is a post that shows you how to load tick data for backtesting. It will give you much better quality than what you can get from a broker's datafeed.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Forest

Thanks Forest..I DL'ed the data and am getting 90% on euro$ testing. I will post those results soon.

Here is the manual for the EA for those who want it.

Dave

txsundevil:
Regarding Dave's Post here is a short Forward test using InterbankFx with his settings of 1H

Hi, can you post the settings or show us the post where you got the settings from - I can't seem to find it.

thanks

Testing

I'm now forward testing the strategy on the 1 hour chart, and 5000 capital. Demo ofcourse. I started about 5 hours ago and now I have only 1757 left. I will let it run for the moment but I'm sure glad it isn't real money. Maybe it's me. I'm a little confused by wicht version we have to use. COuld someone please tell wich version(wich post), wich timeframe and wich pair. Thanks very much.

A noobie

here is alink to the original site, it should be in english check uper right corner for language.. this is also the link for the first original version.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8553

Do you think we should use the original version?

strange

I think this is quite strange. I'm running the ea the whole day now, and I'm making loss but when I do a backtest from this day, it says that I have a lot of profit. This isn't possible according to met. Does someone has an explanation for this?

martijn pip:
I think this is quite strange. I'm running the ea the whole day now, and I'm making loss but when I do a backtest from this day, it says that I have a lot of profit. This isn't possible according to met. Does someone has an explanation for this?

Hello

Probably 1 more proof of the numerous bugs / failures of the MT 4 Backtester...

Maybe, we will finish by giving up FOREVER with this bad tool.

DV