Volatility Quality Index - page 4

raff1410:
Try this one...... Raff

Great job, Raf.

I do like the visual signals (the up/down arrow) but I do not like the sound signal. Can u add another parameter to distinguish between them?

Even when signal is turned off, I stiil have sound signal in every tick.

Thanks in advance

Eli

thanks devil, when i copied yours to the folder. it changed to a mq4 ext. i then recopied the original ex4 file into same directory and restarted and it worked. thanks again

Hi All

I find this setup . supertrend indicator work like filter for this system.

and see candel formation.

Kaveh

67-17454:
I look forward to learning more and watching this indicator as it progresses!

I just did some 'back of the envelope' analysis if this was an EA and I let it autotrade on GBPUSD and EURUSD and the results were impressive.

For 1 week, +308 pips on GBPUSD (no losing trades) and +100 pips on EURUSD (two losing trades). I know, mileage may vary.

Looking forward to forward testing.

Is there any way when there's a reversal to add an alert screen with market details at that time to make it a little easier (rather than just ring a bell)?

I'm assuming you were using VQ for entries and the price channel stop for exits/reentries?

guys i kept trying to add all the files posted here to the indicators folder and restarting the metatrader and still nothing appears in my custom indicators..so could somebody please post the mq4 file..thanks in advance

forextrades:
I'm assuming you were using VQ for entries and the price channel stop for exits/reentries?

Actually, a little more mind-less. With a Buy signal, buy at market. With a Sell signal, close the position at market and then go short. With a Buy signal, close that position and open a new Long position. No S/L.

67-17454:
Actually, a little more mind-less. With a Buy signal, buy at market. With a Sell signal, close the position at market and then go short. With a Buy signal, close that position and open a new Long position. No S/L.

I'm not sure how you were able to get that many winning trades then. You did wait until the bar after the indicator turned red to short and the bar after the indicator turned green to go long, correct? Sometimes when you're looking at a chart in hindsight your mind can play tricks on you, and you might end up thinking that you can enter the trade right before the indicator turns.

forextrades:
I'm not sure how you were able to get that many winning trades then. You did wait until the bar after the indicator turned red to short and the bar after the indicator turned green to go long, correct? Sometimes when you're looking at a chart in hindsight your mind can play tricks on you, and you might end up thinking that you can enter the trade right before the indicator turns.

Understand. I was going strictly by the arrow changes. Now that raff1410 added a screen alert which provides the price, I can get an exact entry/exit point. The perspective I was trying to get was if this were an EA in and of itself.

One this morning ended up as a 20 pip loss on the GBPUSD and 8 pip loss on the EURUSD. For the GBPUSD, it had been up as much as 41 pips, so a trailing stop would probably have preserved some gain.