Volatility Quality Index - page 35

Need a help fixing the indicator!

Hello,

I need a help from a kind coder who would be willing to fix a problem with the VQ.mq4 or direct me to the right direction.

When I set TimeFrame to 60 (and other MTF settings), CountBars seems to change to a lower number in certain cases.

When I set CountBars to 1485, it is fine but when set to higher numbers; the VQ indicator shows the data for shorter periods than it should.

For example, on M5 chart:

when CountBars=1485, it shows about 5 days worth of data which is fine

but when CountBars=14850, it shows about 10 days worth of data (about 3000 bars) which is not fine.

And even when CountBars=148500, it shows about only 10 day worth of data.

I get this problem only when I set TimeFrame to other than 0. Thus I concluded that this part of code is causing the problem:

if (TimeFrame>Period())

{

datetime TimeArray1[];

ArrayCopySeries(TimeArray1,MODE_TIME,Symbol(),TimeFrame);

int limit=CountBars+TimeFrame/Period();

for(i=0, int y=0;i<limit;i++) {if (Time<TimeArray1[y]) y++; SumVQ=SumVQ_MTF[y];}

}

Does this code change the set value of CountBars to a lower number somehow?

I just started learning MQL4 like yesterday so it's way too difficult for me.

I hope someone could take a good look at the code and fix it.

Best Regards,

spartan

P.S.

When I set TimeFrame setting to 240 (H4), I get like 3 more days worth of data on M5 chart compared to when TF=60 (13~14 days total, up to 4000 M5 bars).

On H1 chart, I get about 8~9 months worth of data (again about 4000 bars of H1 data). Hmmm...why is that?

Spartan,

Check these first:

Either that's all the bars on your chart,

or you may need to increase the Max bars settings: Tools \ Options \ Chart tab.

Read my posts in this thread if you are serious about trying this indicator. It has real potentials.

Big Be

Big Be:
Spartan,

Check these first:

Either that's all the bars on your chart,

or you may need to increase the Max bars settings: Tools \ Options \ Chart tab.

Read my posts in this thread if you are serious about trying this indicator. It has real potentials.

Big Be

Big Be,

Thanks for your reply. I recognize you as the one who coded one of the VQ EAs and I'm glad you are still around!

Neither is the case for me about the number of bars I get (I actually changed the settings, restarted MT4 but it's still the same).

When I don't set the VQ indicator to MTF, I get a lot more bars...I get substantially less bars only when I have it set to MTF.

Can you do me a favor and set your VQ indicator's TimeFrame setting to 60, and on a 5min chart see approximately how many days of data you get in the VQ indicator?

I use Vista, and on Alpari data...but I don't think neither is causing the problem, though I'm not totally confident about the Vista part though haha.

I read all the posts in this thread including yours. I'm really interested in this indicator. I wish I was active back when this thread was active though.

I was looking for optimal settings for VQ for my trading and got this problem.

spartan

P.S. I forgot to mention but I really appreciate everyone who contributed to this indicator and thread.

Does this VQ indicator REPAINT ? Anyone ? and what setting are good for

M15 -->

M30 -->

H1 -->

H4 -->

Please help

I'm still testing the VQ indicator but it seems that:

when realtime=true and TimeFrame=0, it can repaint until current candle closes, and

when realtime=true and TimeFrame=non-zero, then it can repaint until the candle of the TimeFrame closes.

When realtime=false, my guess is that it would not repaint but I had an impression that it does not refresh properly having to refresh manually by opening and closing property window.

On a side note, it seems the indicator has a bug. Here's what I see:

When 2 signals in a row get canceled by adverse price moves, it fails to put SignalPrice text (the "arrow" with price level) , and it also fails to alert the signal.

Have anyone experienced something like that?

Edit: The above case is for when RealTime=true.

Volatility Quality indicator

Can someone post the VQ indicator that is spelled out in the window as "Volitility Quality" instead of "VQ"?I attach image below that will show what I am talking about

Thank you

Files:
1.gif  21 kb

damjano:
Can someone post the VQ indicator that is spelled out in the window as "Volitility Quality" instead of "VQ"?I attach image below that will show what I am talking about Thank you

Moved to VQ thread.

funyoo:
Hello,

Here is another expert advisor based on this indicator :

Volatility Quality Expert Advisor - Trading System Forex

I hope that it will work for you.

VQ repaint, not reliable for building an EA, as well for his alert.

damjano:
Can someone post the VQ indicator that is spelled out in the window as "Volitility Quality" instead of "VQ"?I attach image below that will show what I am talking about Thank you

I'm looking for that version too... i think is the first version of VQ

Signals are very diferent... Anyone have it?

Thanks!

raff1410:
Ha... I mean Hi...

Look at picture ...

Raff

if an indicator , does not look good, after you bother for the input parameters for 30 minute

find another one , and use another one, I guess, I should dispose 80% of the indicators that I found, but cannot take those to use if for LIVE REAL trade