Cycle indicators

do you think it is possible for metatrader 4 to produce indicators like the ones in the "cycle pack" for esignal. i will try to show pictures of what i am talking about.

Files:

you have this indicator ?

kidhudi:
do you think it is possible for metatrader 4 to produce indicators like the ones in the "cycle pack" for esignal. i will try to show pictures of what i am talking about.

Unless these indicators require "advanced" programming, there is no reason it can't be done with MT4.

By the way, does MT4 support recursive functions? This error code exists, but I m not sure if it means yes or no..."ERR_RECURSIVE_STACK_OVERFLOW 4004 The data stack is overflowed at the recursive function call". Well, I can answer my own question by implementing a recursive function and see what happens...

i just downloaded the yahoo chart with the hurst channels.. look how accurate it was. i hope this can be duplicated with mt4

Files:
untitled.bmp  191 kb

Guys you are wasting your time.

Cycle indicators try to predict tops and bottoms.

They are accurate only in retrospect.

kidhudi:

I'm eager to see such indicators in MT4

I'm quite sure that talented coders can do this

Fourier Transform...

Yes. Look at the Fourier Transform thread that was started. I am looking into making that very indicator. Now I need the calculations for "Persistency of Fit." I think it is a correllation calculation... like R-Squared.

Any ideas, let me know.

crodzilla:
Yes. Look at the Fourier Transform thread that was started. I am looking into making that very indicator. Now I need the calculations for "Persistency of Fit." I think it is a correllation calculation... like R-Squared. Any ideas, let me know.

Hi Crodzilla,

Did you look into Bartels equation?

Bartels Test was developed by Julius Bartels, a geophysicist who worked at the Carnegie Foundation in Washington in the 1930's. Test measures the stability of the amplitude and phase of each cycle.

Cheers,

Irwin Cycle

hi all!

have you ever seen irwin cycle indi for mt4? it looks quite interesting based on links below, should also be quite useful.

hope someone is able to translate it to mt4, would be a very nice gift for many cycle traders.

please check these links with descriptions. many thanks in advance for your support!

Irwin Cycle - Wealth-Lab Wiki

WealthScript Code Library Item

MetaStock™ Zone - Cycle Indicator by Bill Irwin - Trader-Online.tk�

Irvin cycle ...

engula

According to the definition and to metastock code, that indicator is identical to double smoothed stoschastic

One version of it you can find at this post, for example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177239/page24 . The "Irvin cycle" uses periods 10 and 3 (if you wish to reproduce the default values they are using in metastock code)

engula:
hi all!

have you ever seen irwin cycle indi for mt4? it looks quite interesting based on links below, should also be quite useful.

hope someone is able to translate it to mt4, would be a very nice gift for many cycle traders.

please check these links with descriptions. many thanks in advance for your support!

Irwin Cycle - Wealth-Lab Wiki

WealthScript Code Library Item

MetaStock™ Zone - Cycle Indicator by Bill Irwin - Trader-Online.tk�

mladen:
engula

According to the definition and to metastock code, that indicator is identical to double smoothed stoschastic

One version of it you can find at this post, for example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177239/page24 . The "Irvin cycle" uses periods 10 and 3 (if you wish to reproduce the default values they are using in metastock code)

many thanks