Help managing/deleting tester arrows...

In the strategy tester when I open a chart that shows the trades I just tested with arrows I am finding that arrows from previous tests appear on the chart. I have deledted them but when I open a new chart after another test they are back again like I never deleted them. I have tried deleting the journal history in the tester. That doesn't stop them they still come back. I can't get rid of them. I also can't find any way to preset the size of the arrows they are so small hard to see.

One other thing. Every time I open chart out of the tester I have to reset moving average lines. How do I get the template I want saved so that the tester will open the chart with the template I want?

any help is appreciated.

I've struggled with this as well. The Strategy Tester default template is just plain ugly and hard to read. I discovered the following undocumented bit of info that you can customize the ST default template. Create your own template and save it in the Templates folder with the name "tester.tpl". However, you can't control the appearance of the arrows with a template. You need to create a script to do clean up after the chart is generated.

I've been working on a script to clean up the arrows. I need assistance with one last bit (e.g. on how to insert the trade numbers from the arrows as a text object on the chart) then it will be done. I'd be happy to share it. Let me know.

Bill

Aaragorn:
In the strategy tester when I open a chart that shows the trades I just tested with arrows I am finding that arrows from previous tests appear on the chart. I have deledted them but when I open a new chart after another test they are back again like I never deleted them. I have tried deleting the journal history in the tester. That doesn't stop them they still come back. I can't get rid of them. I also can't find any way to preset the size of the arrows they are so small hard to see.

One other thing. Every time I open chart out of the tester I have to reset moving average lines. How do I get the template I want saved so that the tester will open the chart with the template I want?

any help is appreciated.