Coding help - page 494

Hi Mladen...

Some days now!

Pls there is a problem with the code I attached below this message...,it always give the signal at the begining of a candle formation!

this has led to me entering trade late most especialy on higher time frames. Can you kindly help us so that the iny will be giving the alert only when the current price bridge MA either up for buy and down for sell, instead of waiting for the begining of another candle

Thanks

Files:
smacd.mq4  4 kb

Hello Coders

Can someone be kind enough to help me solve this:

There is a problem with the code I attached below this message...,it always give the signal at the begining of a candle formation!

this has led to me entering trade late most especialy on higher time frames. Can you kindly help us so that the iny will be giving the alert only when the current price bridge MA either up for buy and down for sell, instead of waiting for the begining of another candle

Thanks Attached Files

Files:
smacd.mq4  4 kb

Mastercash:
Hello Coders

There is a problem with the code I attached below this message...,it always give the signal at the begining of a candle formation!

Thanks Attached Files

Mastercash

That indicator is showing cross of close and ma shifted 10 bars - it will always lag as long as that shift remains there

mladen:
Mastercash That indicator is showing cross of close and ma shifted 10 bars - it will always lag as long as that shift remains there

Thanks mladen....for always been there!

can u help me to correct the code so that if the current price high bridge the ma up, it gives buy signal and when the current low bridge the ma downward, it gives sell signal ? Not until now bar comes..

very long trend is no more there for an intra day traders!

Mastercash:
Thanks mladen....for always been there!

can u help me to correct the code so that if the current price high bridge the ma up, it gives buy signal and when the current low bridge the ma downward, it gives sell signal ? Not until now bar comes..

very long trend is no more there for an intra day traders!

Mastercash

Use any of the correctly coded ma cross indicators (for example this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) set the fast ma period to 1 and it will be exactly the same as if it is a cross of a price and average

Mastercash:
Hello Coders

Thanks Attached Files

Mladen, I seem not to understand, Im using EMA period 10 to act as floating r/s fo a purpose, if I reduce the period to 1-period, it will be too weak to be used as r/s....! I just need a kind hearted fello to adjust the code to give its alert within the candle, not at the opening of the new candle.Im just a leaner coder!

cja:
A couple of examples of what can be done with images, use the help file built into the MetaTrader platform and look up #resourse or OBJ_BITMAP_LABELas there are several examples of code for the use of BMP files.

Hi CJA,

Would you mind sharing mq4 code for the bottom example?

I have been studying the code shown here:

OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL - MQL4 Documentation

Code looks good (has way too many bells & whistles), but does not work. Once it's loaded on chart (as script), it displays shortly, then closes itself (uninit reason 0).

Snowski:
Hi CJA,

Would you mind sharing mq4 code for the bottom example?

I have been studying the code shown here:

OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL - MQL4 Documentation

Code looks good (has way too many bells & whistles), but does not work. Once it's loaded on chart (as script), it displays shortly, then closes itself (uninit reason 0).

Snowski

That is normal

In new mt4 script is not left running unless you keep it in an endless loop. Unlike before, start is called just once now for the scripts, and when it is executed, the script is removed

mladen:
Mastercash That indicator is showing cross of close and ma shifted 10 bars - it will always lag as long as that shift remains there

Mladen,

I seem not to understand, Im using EMA period 10 to act as floating r/s fo a purpose, if I reduce the period to 1-period, it will be too weak to be used as r/s....! I just need a kind hearted fello to adjust the code to give its alert within the candle, not at the opening of the new candle.Im just a leaner coder!

Files:
smacd.mq4  4 kb

mladen:
Snowski

That is normal

In new mt4 script is not left running unless you keep it in an endless loop. Unlike before, start is called just once now for the scripts, and when it is executed, the script is removed

Makes a lot of sense now, thanks mladen.

Will recode my sample code into EA and test then.

Cheers, Snow