Coding help - page 355

yehiax1:
hi,this is one of the best robot's but there is an error that it opens only one order and waiting until it close to open another

plz help me and fix it

thank you for help

yehiax1

I don't think it is an error. Most EAs are working like that (keeping only one opened order), and if it is profitable, you should not change anything it

mladen

can you explain why are you using returnBars in your multi time frame indicators?

what i did was to first download one minutes price ans start strategy tester normally.Since the latest mt4 bulid, i have not done any testing stuff, my present company prefer manual trading!

Ok, I will be all out for it.Thanks

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Mastercash,

All I did was the basic steps to run the EA in Strategy Tester...nothing special...

I just start the tester and run the EA with the default settings... And it works for me.

You haven't' told us if you can run other EA's in the tester and not that one...

That information would have been helpful...along with seeing any PRINT and COMMENT statements when you tried to run your EA...

Without them I don't have any ideas what's happening...so I don't know if it's a code problem...a procedural problem...or a platform problem...

It would be great if a few others here tried your EA...and shared what they found for you...

In the meantime...I'm not sure what else I can offer here...since there are not enough clues to help you further.

Good luck in finding solutions to your challenge...

Robert

apprentice coder:
mladen can you explain why are you using returnBars in your multi time frame indicators?

Because that is the only way how we can find out how many bars have changerd in the target time frame (that number does not have to be the same as the current chart number of changed bars at all). That way always correct number of target time frame bars if calculated

mladen:
Because that is the only way how we can find out how many bars have changerd in the target time frame (that number does not have to be the same as the current chart number of changed bars at all). That way always correct number of target time frame bars if calculated

mladen

thanks for the explanation

Does anyone have code which will alert when no orders open on a particular symbol? Thanks Lee

leeb:
Does anyone have code which will alert when no orders open on a particular symbol? Thanks Lee

leeb

It is not difficult to make it. Do you need it for a specific symbol (as a parameter) or for the current chart

Hi Mastercash,

In reflecting on your posts...we might want to re-consider looking at your screen shot...

Your screen shot clearly does not show any trades... However...

The fact that the tester actually finished running...that's a good thing...

And that's why I've been recommending adding numerous PRINT and COMMENT's to your code.

It appears to be working...but we need to track each step to see where it's getting stuck...

Also...regarding LOGS...

I don't know if you are aware of this...but there are TWO places to look at your LOGS...

In the TESTER (Journal Tab)....and in the TERMINAL (Expert and Journal Tabs)...

Even though you are using the TESTER...any EA errors and messages should show up in your TERMINAL logs also.

Attached is a MT4 screen shot of the LOGS in both sections...

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Cosmiclifeform,

Thanks a lot, I ve started using the ea on demo, it is working.....but it need some adjustments...for example, it is just repeating the same trade every time, e.g, if it take trade on EURUSD , say SELL, once the trade is closed, it immediately take another SELL on EURUSD regardless whether the signal is still valid or not......Im adjusting this and you too can be of help

Thanks

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Mastercash,

In reflecting on your posts...we might want to re-consider looking at your screen shot...

Your screen shot clearly does not show any trades... However...

The fact that the tester actually finished running...that's a good thing...

And that's why I've been recommending adding numerous PRINT and COMMENT's to your code.

It appears to be working...but we need to track each step to see where it's getting stuck...

Also...regarding LOGS...

I don't know if you are aware of this...but there are TWO places to look at your LOGS...

In the TESTER (Journal Tab)....and in the TERMINAL (Expert and Journal Tabs)...

Even though you are using the TESTER...any EA errors and messages should show up in your TERMINAL logs also.

Attached is a MT4 screen shot of the LOGS in both sections...

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Hi,

I tried to code this indi, so that it close the order on closed bar and not at first tic, but with no success. Can someone pls help?

So close order at close bar based on Kinjun-sen.

ea_kijun-sen_stop_v2.mq4

Files: