News day, Nervous Nellies or Sober Minds?

Hi All,

I've been watching the important Forex news releases to discern a pattern for the market's reaction to the news. There are for sure 2 camps, this is what I've observed:

a) The all-but-too-quick to pull the trigger "Nervous Nellies" that will immediately - within seconds of a news release - vote with their positions on any particular currency. The effect is initially vigorous and dramatic! The currency will take a sudden and wild swing in any direction, but more than not, toward the negative side of the news.

b) The "Sober Minds," this camp doesn't vote immediately. It might take them 20 minutes to an hour to assess the impact of the news, while the above mentioned "Nervous Nellies" fight over a small piece of turf. However, upon reflection and assessment, the Sober Minds will take the market in its true direction.

I watched today when the PCE and other news was released for the USA. The difference was incredible. The Nervous Nellies controlled a 10 pip spread - up and down like a yo-yo - and when the Sober Minds got ready, they took the EUR/USD short about 60 to 70 pips. Amazing!

moneyline

moneyline:
Hi All,

I've been watching the important Forex news releases to discern a pattern for the market's reaction to the news. There are for sure 2 camps, this is what I've observed:

a) The all-but-too-quick to pull the trigger "Nervous Nellies" that will immediately - within seconds of a news release - vote with their positions on any particular currency. The effect is initially vigorous and dramatic! The currency will take a sudden and wild swing in any direction, but more than not, toward the negative side of the news.

b) The "Sober Minds," this camp doesn't vote immediately. It might take them 20 minutes to an hour to assess the impact of the news, while the above mentioned "Nervous Nellies" fight over a small piece of turf. However, upon reflection and assessment, the Sober Minds will take the market in its true direction.

I watched today when the when the PCE and other news was released for the USA. The difference was incredible. The Nervous Nellies controlled a 10 pip spread - up and down like a yo-yo - and when the Sober Minds got ready, they took the EUR/USD short about 60 to 70 pips. Amazing!

moneyline

Great observation. That is how smart money makes their pips. They let the public like myself try to scalp a few pips while the just sit back and make the big bucks. So very evident.