GridMod Request

Hi, I would like to ask our great programmers to modify the existing MakeGrid EA with the following rules.

I fully understand that changing someone else's code is way more difficult then making everything from scratch, but I would really appriciate if we can work with this EA, since I am very fammiliar with it.

At the moment of engaging the grid I need only SellStops and BuyStops on both side of the Current Price or lets call it Alfa Price.

Only Sell Stops should be triggered if price goes down, if the price reaches the Alfa Price, the buy stops should engage and vice verca eg. we not loading the grid with new orders, but at the original levels we can open more orders.

Please note that we can have few open orders per level.

I made a little schmatic to try and visualise the rules.

Thanks in advance.

Zassax

Files:

Hi there is already a feature that you can enter lowest level of long trades and highest level of short trades.

But i faced a problemthat once grid closed ( but total loss/ Profit) it does not start again automatically.

My general idea is to test different spacing of the grid if we set TP=0 and have basket profit.

I would like to test if there can be profit from price movement AFTER we have payed for the spread.

Eg. spacing between orders, No of orders to reach profit. etc etc.

As I said the grid shouldnt move with the price, but work from the alfa price only.

Regards

Z

Hi Zassax,

Could you explain step-by-step what you want to change in the EA?

igorad:
Hi Zassax, Could you explain step-by-step what you want to change in the EA?

Igorad, first of all thank you

I was looking at MakeGrid again, it will be much more time consuming to modifing this EA then just to make it from scratch

Rules are simple

1. Set (N) BuyStops with (D) Distance in pips from current price with (S) Spacing of grid in pips with (X1) TP and (Z1) SL

2. Set (N) SellStops with (D) Distance in pips from current price and (S) Spacing of grid in pips with (X2) TP and (Z2) SL

3. Once the order is filled and price moves alway at least 5 (thats what the brokers can accept)

pips from the order we place the same stop order in the same position.

4. Lot Multiplier (L) - grid will place ascending or desending or equal lots, for example if

L=1 the lots will remain equal to all levels of the grid, eg Lots of stop orders will be (N)*(L)

if L1 will be ascending grid.

5. Basket profit and Basket stoploss of all open positions, when either one is reached, shut down

grid.

This is just a shell, but good enough for me as initial testing.

Regards

Z

Could you help me modifying the makegrid ea?

Could you help me modify the MakeGrid EA to a martingale grid? At level 1 we have 1 lot buy 1 lot sell at level 2 we have 2 lots buy and 2 lots sells etc. Or even better, have 5-6 levels as external variables (the user can use any progression they want). I'm mainly interested in the first 5-6 levels.

It shouldn't be hard but I'm willing to pay for it if necessary.

My MSN id is: jimbs@vivodinet.gr (Not a valid email address anymore, just in case you try to email me)

A link to the EA: http://download.yousendit.com/C4B7977E0C025B02

Thanks

Jim

Talk to a gentlemen named optimu as he sells programming skills for very reasonable cost. This is his thread here...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general