R-Squared Indicator Request - page 2

Cyclesurfer:
Here is a filter that works pretty well. It's based on volatility though. It's a signal to noise filter and attemtps to keep you safe by predicting signals that would have turned out to be whipsaws. I use it with braintrend. If the green line is below the grey line, don't trade. I dont know who wrote it. Enjoy

Interesting, how do you interpret it?

igorad:
Hi, I recently developed Linear Regression Slope indicator with algorithm from TradeStation.

Well done, it looks great. Is there any possibility of also creating the R-Squared indicator?

Used in combination the Linear Reg Slope indicator would give direction, while the R-squared gives trend strength. Used together could be quite effective.

Hi,

I recently developed Linear Regression Slope indicator with standard algorithm from TradeStation.

Files:

drgoodvibe:
Interesting, how do you interpret it?

If you install it you'll see it has a comment top left...either TRADE or DON'T TRADE...couldn't be simpler. Not guaranteeing it's accuracy but definitely worth a look.

Lux

drgoodvibe:
Well done, it looks great. Is there any possibility of also creating the R-Squared indicator? Used in combination the Linear Reg Slope indicator would give direction, while the R-squared gives trend strength. Used together could be quite effective.

Hi,

R-Squared is ready too.

I added smoothing to this indicator according to Chande's suggestion.

Files:

Chande_Kroll_Stop

iGorad, your work is brilliant.

I have a special request for the Chande_Kroll_Stop Indicator as used in the "MarketMaker" software from CMC_Markets which I use for a different reason as to what it is intended, but with absolute brilliant success.

I have tried to get in touch with either gentlemen, but to no avail.

Here is a description of what the software tells us about this incredible indicator:

Calculation:

first high stop = HIGHEST[p](high) - x*Average True Range[p]

first low stop = LOWEST[p](high) + x*Average True Range[p]

stop short = HIGHEST[q](first high stop)

stop long = LOWEST[q](first low stop)

Interpretation:

This indicator indicates the stop for a position (short or long). It is calibrated on the true range and beyond the security's volatility. Hence the stops are placed under (and on) the high (low) on the (p) last bar. The difference is proportional to the Average True Range on P bars. The stops displayed on the chart are obtained with the first stops (high and low) on the q last bars.

Trust you would be able to do this for us.

Thanking you most sincerely.

igorad:
Hi,

R-Squared is ready too.

I added smoothing to this indicator according to Chande's suggestion.

very well done! Thank you.

ValeoFX:
iGorad, your work is brilliant.

I have a special request for the Chande_Kroll_Stop Indicator as used in the "MarketMaker" software from CMC_Markets which I use for a different reason as to what it is intended, but with absolute brilliant success.

I have tried to get in touch with either gentlemen, but to no avail.

Here is a description of what the software tells us about this incredible indicator:

Calculation:

first high stop = HIGHEST[p](high) - x*Average True Range[p]

first low stop = LOWEST[p](high) + x*Average True Range[p]

stop short = HIGHEST[q](first high stop)

stop long = LOWEST[q](first low stop)

Interpretation:

This indicator indicates the stop for a position (short or long). It is calibrated on the true range and beyond the security's volatility. Hence the stops are placed under (and on) the high (low) on the (p) last bar. The difference is proportional to the Average True Range on P bars. The stops displayed on the chart are obtained with the first stops (high and low) on the q last bars.

Trust you would be able to do this for us.

Thanking you most sincerely.

Hi,

Chande_Kroll_Stop you can find here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175391

Chande_Kroll_Stop ...........

igorad:
Hi, Chande_Kroll_Stop you can find here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175391

iGorad, my sincerest thanks for these indicators. I will let you know how it performs and let you in on the way i use it. Just allow me a week or 2 to live trade it.

The first Chandelier was not good, but I will report back to you.

I honestly cannot tell you how embaressed I am for not having seen it on the other Thread - please forgive me.

Best wishes.

igorad:
Hi, I recently developed Linear Regression Slope indicator with standard algorithm from TradeStation.

Hi igorad, anyway that you can add a shift option so that we can extend the slope into the future?