How to LOCK/Encrypt EA - page 9

Protection

joselb:
If someone knows how to protect an EA with the maximum security or how to contact RapidForex Ironclad please contact me in tronss gmail com Thanks

Maximum security can be reached as follows:

1.) Put essential trading logic into an dll (because it is not easy to crack)

2.) Write your EA with mq4 and calling some dll-Functions and compile it to

ex4

3.) cmpute md5-checksum of this ex4 file

4.) in dll function check the md5 checksum of ex4-file. Code dll function

such that it only works in case of correct checksum of ex4 file.

5.) you can combine this with account number checking as described in this

thread.

(dll function calls will not slow down your EA and its easy to implement !)

Program Security

Hello Guys

I have developed a killer EA for in MQ4. that generates great constant profits for the last 14 months.

I was encouraged by some friends to make this EA commercial.

The only thing I am missing to do so, is protecting my code from being cracked an decoded.

I crave for any tips, tricks and technics regarding securing ex4 files from being violated.

I would appreciate any information you wish to share.

Thanks

Gilben

Not much to do in mql... ex4 can be decoded very easy.

Use a dll, not 100% safe but harder to crack.

Some post about creating a dll are in this forum, can't remember links..

Here is one that came in my mind.

Creating VC++ .DLL / Forum: Forex Trading with MetaTrader 4

DLL protection service

There is IronClad encrypting program that uses DLL, from RapidForex

gilben:
Hello Guys

I have developed a killer EA for in MQ4. that generates great constant profits for the last 14 months.

The only thing I am missing to do so, is protecting my code from being cracked an decoded.

I crave for any tips, tricks and technics regarding securing ex4 files from being violated.

Thanks

Gilben

you can become a account manager and help people to manage account.

Hi Gilben - I was trying to send you some info regarding your request but you've blocked PMs - please update your profile so I can send you the info.

rgds, neo

I lock it

gilben:
Hello Guys

Thanks

Gilben

PM me your "Killer-EA" and I will lock it for you. You give me 10% for each sold instance of your EA.

Getting the DateTime of X bars foward

I have a time string: "2009.08.04 02:45"

I know I can change it into a usable DateTime value by using the:

StrToTime("2009.08.04 02:45") function

But what I really need is the DateTime of 20 bars forward.

So my question is this-- given one DateTiime, how do I get the DateTime of 20 bars forward?

I pretty much stuck here. I tried the iBarShift() function, but that didn't work. Am I on the right track?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Not sure what you mean by forward, I assumed in the future. If I understand your question correctly then...

Your starting point has to be determined which can be the current time, TimeCurrent() function will return the last server time in seconds. Or your starting point can be the current bar's opening time Time[0] will return the current bars time in seconds. Or the starting time can be any bar of history as in Time[3] will retrun the opening time 3rd closed bar back. once your start time is determented your bar size has to be determend. The Period() function will retern the number of minutes of your current chart time or you can create your own time interval as in a day has 1440 minutes multiply that by 60(seconds) which will be time in a day. Add it to your start time.

Now all you do is easy

FutureTime = Time[0] + ( Period() * 60 * x );

Were, x is the number of periods (bars) you are looking for. 60 is to change the Period() function which is returned in minutes in to seconds. The time[0] reterns the current bars open time in seconds. So if you input 20 for the x it will return the time in datetime format of the 20th bar in the future from the current bar opening time.

FutureTime = StrToTime( "2009.08.04" ) + ( 1440 * 60 * x );

Will return the Midnight time X days in the future

TimeToStr(FutureTime, TIME_DATE | TIME_MINUTES); will return a printable string of your future bar time or date.

Keit