Trading Journal - page 2

radicalmoses:
Hi drgoodvibe,

The trading journal is up and ready. If you or anyone else is interested,pm me.

So is my website and all details availabe there.

Cheers

i'd be willing to give it a trial.. i'm currently using that Advanced Diary program which is freeware, along with the detailed report that metatrader spits out.

Since i'm a total manual trader a journal is helpful.

radicalmoses:
Hi drgoodvibe,

The trading journal is up and ready. If you or anyone else is interested,pm me.

So is my website and all details availabe there.

Cheers

actually just as a note.. I think a great way to improve your program is to make it import the information from the detailed report that metatrader provides, instead of having to input all the data manually.

forexian:
i sometimes use Advance Diary to log my trades. It is free. http://www.csoftlab.com/Download/AdvDiary.exe

anybody got any screenshots of how they use this journal for trading...i'd like to see how you organize your trades...

I purchased a bound notebook and simply write down my trades and their time. I also enter my criteria for going in and exiting. Simple and basic, but it works!

moneyline

drgoodvibe:
actually just as a note.. I think a great way to improve your program is to make it import the information from the detailed report that metatrader provides, instead of having to input all the data manually.

The software is designed in MS Access and has a very user friendly interface.

All calculations are automated and preprogrammed to give all the trading statistics. You can attach any charts from any trading package and add your notes or comments. However, it cannot directly import data from metatrader.

Its meant to be a electronic form of the book journal that traders used to maintain and does require minimum manual input.

Anyone can try it for a Trial period or you can just check it out from screenshots posted on the website.

The ElogFx is significantly different from the Advanced diary and it is designed for the forex trader. IMHO it is more technically suited to the forex trader.

You can try it risk free and decide for yourselves.

Cheers

IDK:
anybody got any screenshots of how they use this journal for trading...i'd like to see how you organize your trades...

This is just an example and I myself didn't logged this trade on time.

Files:
advdiary.jpg  119 kb
advdiary1.jpg  112 kb

thanks for the idea...i wasn't exactly sure how i wanted to format the journal...thanks...

forexian:
This is just an example and I myself didn't logged this trade on time.

that is exactly how I log my trades as well, using that software. it's pretty effecient.

elogfx

Hi,

Has anyone got the elogfx trial download?

I have been in contact with radicalmoss and he sent me a link but it failed and am waiting to hear from him again but no answer.

I only want the trial version so as to see if it is what i want to use then will pay for full version.

thanks in advance

geoff

Journal function

Hello everyone, I am new to here and to Forex. I was thinking about this a few days ago and this topic peaked my interest. I know you can do chart captures from MT4 ( I have not done it yet as I am still getting used to the package). My question/Request is this:

Are you able to set the Chart capture function up like an indicator?

eg1: You are testing an Indicator/EA/system, but can not be there all the time. When the indicator provides a signal then the Capture function is set off.

eg2:You have an EA and it is live trading, the Capture goes off when the open or close is set off for a trade.

Is this possible? I think this would be a great assist to Journaling your trades.