EA Bt - page 3

Further filtering for BrainTrend2?

Hi guys (looks like awesome work Firedave, on this EA),

have you guys had a chance to test this EA out? I have been doing some reading on Braintrend2Sig (etc) and so far it seems to be a very good base signal. Wondering if anyone can confirm/deny this, or does it repaint etc?

I've not been able to get the EA working (but I'm an MT4 EA newbie anyway so prolly stuffed something up!), so eager to hear from others. If people can confirm that the BT2Sig is a good base, then would be eager to assist somehow in further improving the final signals, also perhaps with more advanced money management in the EA?

I have some ideas on the GMMA (which I've mentioned in a few intial posts). These are Guppy Multiple Moving Averages. They basically give a visual on just how the trend is behaving. With that and a few other indicators, further filtering to reduce trading during chop, could be done. To share, some of the ideas I have include:

1. ADX > 25 - and perhaps increasing to show trend strength (and strengthening)
  2. DMI > 25 - and perhaps increasing to show trend directional strength (and strengthening)
  3. Separation in the GMMA - just how far separated/expanded the moving averages can show trend strength, also in shorter term averages, if they expand too fast, it can be a bubble which will quickly collapse (opportunity to trade the fade)
  4. EMAAngle - playing with this to see if this offers any clues as to trend strength. Currently playing with 30EMA as this seems to mostly approximate the trend direction (in my visual studies anyway)

Further information on GMMA here.

Hopefully this is interesting enough to revive this thread!

cheers

Who can convert indicator into expert advisor?

Hello All,

Can anyone code this indicator into EA?

Entry buy on signal buy and Sell on signal sell.

Stop Loss:20 points on 4 digit and 200 points on 5 digit platforms

Target:30-50 points on 4 digit and 300-500 points on 5 digit platforms

braintrend1sig.mq4

I welcome your personal modifications.

Thank You

Md Wasi

Files: