GridMACD - page 6

Someone sharde GridMACD at http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/mt_yahoo/

Best Reagrds,

P7

pete7:
Someone sharde GridMACD at http://www.lightpatch.com/forex/mt_yahoo/

Best Reagrds,

P7

Pengie modified/fixed his GridMACD and there is the other modified version with trailing stop option so i am not sure which version was posted by yahoo group.

If pengie cares that it's in the public domain like that, he can write to

Ron Thompson, ron@lightpatch.com to have it removed. I've seen him do this for others.

rambling on the MACD settings and time frame

Yesterday's start to this week was interesting for me in that i created several MT4 files and had GM going on them all as stated above. The two most interesting notables for me was that the 5m version was doing quite well and had closed out 122 positive pips, but is showing a -340 float. It is the only chart that has closed out any trades.

The other noteable for me was that my 1mMaxMACD as i'm calling it, with the MACD set just like it was a 1hr (60 x 12)720, and (60 x 26)1560, 9 for the MACD on the 1m chart. It did get into two trades a tad bit earlier than the 1hr chart. Without posting the whole statement here is a quick lowdown on my IBFX demos:

1m's first trade at 10:56 usdchf buy @ 1.2423

1hr first trade at 14:00 usdchf buy @ 1.2438

They did both trade at 14:02 on the eurusd pair, so i don't know about my hunch on the MACD setting...still out to lunch.

Also, the 1m is showing ~+48, and the 1hr is ~+23 pips.

I'm going to also add a 5m chart w/the same MaxMACD test. I'm going to do some research on what others have found/shown to be optimal MACD settings on a 5m chart and run the test in demo.

Happy doodling.

Thom

accrete:

. . .

I'm going to also add a 5m chart w/the same MaxMACD test. I'm going to do some research on what others have found/shown to be optimal MACD settings on a 5m chart and run the test in demo.

Happy doodling.

Thom

Good analysis !

1. Yes, the MACD settings are operating on the chart time frame that the EA is set on. The MACD is used as an entry signal. It may not be the best entry signal around but it works well enough.

2. The trades are closed once a certain amount of profits has been achieved.

3. The computer must be on in order for the trades to be closed.

accrete:

My Qs are:

1) Are the MACD settings operating on the chart time frame that the EA is set on?

2) Are the trades closed upon a zero line cross? OR a MACD/Trigger Line Cross? OR MACD Divergence? OR a combination of these, and if so, what? This would allow us to safely watch the EA and help it along if need be.

3) IF the tradestation/computer looses connection, will the trades be closed? OR must the computer be connected for trades to be closed.

Pengie, I'll speak for each here in the forum, THANK YOU. I hope you are able to answer these simple Qs for us.

: ) Thom

Thanks pengie for your informative reply.

What i woke to this morning with the 10 or so GM demo tests running was that in the last two days action, the 1m charts with the maxMACD settings of 720,1560,9 as posted above have closed 260+ pips and have a 45+ pip float as i post this, though the float has been fluctuating from 20+ to 80+ during this mornings craziness. The closed trades were closed by the EA settings as this is not the TS version. The standard 1hr charts have closed no trades (though they got in the same GBP trades that the 1m did but 15pips later), and currently has a -85 pip float. Crazy. More here than meets the eye....i ramble.PS update, i post this at 20:00C.E.T. ; the 1m GMMaxMACD as i call it, closed out the swissy with 255+ pips. And though the 1hr has similar trades still open...they are just that...open. These are good profitable trades, so my thought is a pip in the bank is worth many more than those in float?

I'm wondering if the subtle differnce in the price off a 1m chart even though the MACD settings are mathmaticaly similar is helping (or in certain situations could also hurt?) the model/EA? In our case this morning, in this crazy market after some wild reversals, it seems to be catching the MACD's turn??

I also have to figure out more on the Trailing Stop issue, i'm now looking at the 1m chartMaxMACD (overall float is at 133 now) and the chf alone is showing +140pips in 5 trades and one would hate to lose that sort of profit to a reversal so I might run this 1m test also w/the TS version. . . gosh, just looked at the profits/open trades...float down to 70+ with chf down to 111+, ooops, now it's back up to 143+... what a ride

,-( Gosh, only 143+ pips in float and 260+ in the bank. LOL. What's a guy to do?

On time frames? The 5,15,30m charts were big loosers with standard, maxed, and modifyed MACD settings. Strange. More testing.

More doodle-fun to do.

: ) Thom

I'm doing some back testing on this EA and if i'm understanding this EA properly it does not close out opposing trades unless certain criteria are met. I'm wondering if a plain old stop loss would eliminate much of the draw down? Or if say two or so trades in a particular direction were triggered the pending trades in the opposite direction would be canceled? The best i've been able to do in back test is to have about a 10k increase in the origianl 10k account over the two available years of 1m data from Alpari w/90% mq. The gross profit shows about +64,000 with a negative gross profit of -54,000 giving the net +10k at the end of the two years. Sure would be nice to keep more of those profits by limiting the losses. This by the way was on the 15m charts as i was unable to get any positive profit on the default 1hr (PS forgot to state the default set on 1hr gives +gp of 53,000 and -gp of 58,000 or ~-5k after two yrs data 90%mq)

I'm not stating any of the above in a negative way. I just want to know how this EA can cut back on some of the loss. I like the idea of the grid.

Hi there, i see that my post back on 9-16 was the last post in the thread! That sort of saddens me as there seems to be some potential for this EA. Anyone else out there still experimenting with this in forward testing? For the month of October, my GridMACD IBFX statement shows a net profit of just over $2,000 on a 10k account. Not bad at all. Take in mind when looking at the demo statement that i'm running this on a 15m chart with MACD set at 12,26,9 rather than the recomended 1hr charts with same MACD settings. In my backtesting the 15m chart gave me better results so i went with it for the forward demo tests.

Cheers,

Thom

accrete:
Hi there, i see that my post back on 9-16 was the last post in the thread! That sort of saddens me as there seems to be some potential for this EA. Anyone else out there still experimenting with this in forward testing? For the month of October, my GridMACD IBFX statement shows a net profit of just over $2,000 on a 10k account. Not bad at all. Take in mind when looking at the demo statement that i'm running this on a 15m chart with MACD set at 12,26,9 rather than the recomended 1hr charts with same MACD settings. In my backtesting the 15m chart gave me better results so i went with it for the forward demo tests.

Cheers,

Thom

Please can you post the version of the GridMACD you are using.

I will like to forward test it. In addition you seems to have it

trading multiple pairs? Any particular reason for this.