Universal MA Cross EA - page 12

Your the man with the programming plan. This sounds like the statement to use.

You are right about one thing Dave. Nobody can guarantee their safety unless God protects you. I was wondering if all this seismic activity and such is related to the platonic plates moving?? I just saw a movie on TV where a big fault started near Canada and continued all the way to the Gulf of Mexico, right through Houston - Anything is possible!

Hope your programming fixes this one big weakness. I will be in your debt for coming up with this excellent EA. You have a very generous heart. I know God knows that also and has probably given it to you - You are blessed, and now you are blessing people such as myself - Thank You!

Have a 'Great Day' and I will keep checking for when the modification is ready for testing.

Peace and Friendship!

Dave

<

iscuba11:
I found one weakness - MinDistCross (A Vital filter but can cause missed opportunities) - - This filter measures the distance from each moving average (gap) to filter out many false signals as a result of the moving averages being too close to each other and barely crossing in both directions (Noise chatter).

The problem: If the program is testing on the current bar for a crossover, and the gap is too narrow, no entry trigger occurs. If the gap grows wide enough to surpass our MinDistCross criteria on the second or third or fourth bar later, the cross is not a current cross anymore, and the program will not trigger a buy or sell. This weakness caused 2 missed opportunities today in trading.

Is there anyway to program the program to allow the program to check for a current cross and still activate if the gap slowly expands past the MinDistCross within so many bars (adjustable) after the recent cross (example: 5 bars). Reason: On long term EA's a missed opportunity like this can cause a 100+ pip lost opportunity profit capture before the moving averages cross again. Since this occurred on 2 EA's today, I would say I lost a total of 200 pips in missed opportunities.

Feature added, please check post #1 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum . Hope this help

powerbase:
I have not had a chance to test the EA yet, but I have a suggestion for the third MA based upon my personal trading strategy. As we all know, trends tend to exhaust themselves and reverse as traders collect their profits and new positions are entered in the opposite direction. Thus, it would make sense to have a third moving average setting which would allow for a cross above the 3rd slow moving average to enter a short position instead of just a long position as I understand the EA has now. Therefore, when the price is above the slow MA and the 1st fast MA moves under the 2nd medium period MA, a short position can be enabled instead of just a long position. If, however, the fast MA gives a long signal above the 3rd slow MA, it can be disregarded as a potential slight retracement when this feature is enabled. The opposite would then be true for signals below the third MA. Just an idea based upon price action.

Feature added, please check post #1 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum . Hope this help

Feature IDEA

Great EA Dave. Thanks for all the hard work. I have a suggestion for another feature the very well could be benefitial to trading the MA.

Secondary Timeframe Confirmation. For instance, if you were trading on the M5 chart and you wanted the MA cross to be confirmed on the M15 chart (in the same direction) as to possibly reduce down false signals. This would work best on lower timeframes like say you wanted to try this on the M1 chart and confirm the MA on the M5 chart. It could make the EA into a half way decent scalper.

Anyhow, just an idea if you can do it.

holyguy7:
Great EA Dave. Thanks for all the hard work. I have a suggestion for another feature the very well could be benefitial to trading the MA.

Secondary Timeframe Confirmation. For instance, if you were trading on the M5 chart and you wanted the MA cross to be confirmed on the M15 chart (in the same direction) as to possibly reduce down false signals. This would work best on lower timeframes like say you wanted to try this on the M1 chart and confirm the MA on the M5 chart. It could make the EA into a half way decent scalper.

Anyhow, just an idea if you can do it.

Hi holyguy, thank you for the suggestion. Can you give more detail for this additional filter ? Such as what kind of confirmation that we need for the higher timeframe, is it just a cross above / under another MA or another cross on higher timeframe ? Thank you in advance

firedave:
Hi holyguy, thank you for the suggestion. Can you give more detail for this additional filter ? Such as what kind of confirmation that we need for the higher timeframe, is it just a cross above / under another MA or another cross on higher timeframe ? Thank you in advance

Just a Cross on a higher/lower timeframe is all.

Example:

Say, you were using the MA Cross on a M5 timeframe, but you wanted to filter out false signals so you wanted to confirm the MA Cross to wait on the M15 timeframe as well. That way it could potential filter out the "noise" that the lower timeframe have.

I hope this helps.

Hi Dave,

Received your modifications! Looking forward to forward testing with the changes. I cannot express my thanks for the major effort you have continually put into this EA. I pray this EA is the one that will work continuously. You Are The Man!

With Sincere Thanks and Gratitude!

Dave

<

coyan:
FireDave:

Thanks for all you work and you excellent EA.

God bless you.

Coyan

(from Chile, South America)

Hi coyan, thank you for the kind word. My only hope that everyone could get benefit from this EA. On this EA you could find at least 3-4 different strategy start from simple moving average cross strategy, moving average cross with third MA filter strategy, counter trend moving average strategy, etc. And on each strategy there is also several combination of paramater. I build this EA so everyone could explore their preferred strategy and find good ( or even best ) setting. I didn't optimize the parameter setup yet, so I don't have the good / best combination. So maybe other who have tried this EA and find something interesting could share it with other. Hope this help and do post if you got any suggestion to add to this "tool"

FireDave:

Thanks for all you work and your excellent EA.

God bless you.

Coyan

(from Chile, South America)

the program does not function well

I do not know why but there is no crossing of moving average and it gives an opinion in buy and in more the market goes down