Universal MA Cross EA - page 31

Is anyone using ver8.1 or something similar???

I seem to have a problem getting it to open trades.

no problem

I'm using this ea since november. no problem about order entry, but i'm looking to introduce a new filter for ex. willams someone could help me please

my result ea. from 2000 to 2008 $3000 start with sl 200 tp 15 eurchf 30 minuts, i think woth additional filter could be better to avoid 2 or more sl.

profit factor 2 % 95% positive 45% draw down

Files:

i'd like to modify EA in this way....

actualy the ea work buy or sell by the crossing of two ma with filter third ma, so only sell if the two ma cross below and only buy if the cross is above.

the stop loss is 200/220, and i think i should avoid this if i could tell the system to close position if price move cross third ma as additional filter.

could some one help me? please?

2 questions

Hallo, firedave and all of you,

Really nice work

Yesterday I began to use this EA in my demo trading EMA 3/34 in TF15 with a Trailing Stop=15 and SL=25. This i would like to ask is : 1) if one trade close by trailing stop will the EA open a new trade when another crossover signal will be generated? 2) Is there anyone to say when it is more profitable' trading one or many pairs?

Regards

Hello back to you,

1. yes, if no other constraints are set (like say, enabled time filter)

2. I do not understand question - u asking at what time of day profits are most likely to come your way? Or you ask if you should trade one or more pairs at the same time for maximizing profits?

cheers

keramikus:
Hello back to you,

1. yes, if no other constraints are set (like say, enabled time filter)

2. I do not understand question - u asking at what time of day profits are most likely to come your way? Or you ask if you should trade one or more pairs at the same time for maximizing profits?

cheers

Many thanks for your reply, keramikus

I mean what do you think, is it better to trade only one pair to check the profitability of your system or many pairs at the same time?

Thanks in advance

This EA is flexible to use on any pair, it was not specifically coded for any one pair in mind. Whatever MA value you choose or timeframe you use to trigger a trade is up to you. I use this for alerting only especially if a system also incorporates MAs .

back test steps

et_phonehome_2:
This EA is flexible to use on any pair, it was not specifically coded for any one pair in mind. Whatever MA value you choose or timeframe you use to trigger a trade is up to you. I use this for alerting only especially if a system also incorporates MAs .

Thanks for reply

Another one question: To produce the strategy tester graph I go tools->expert advisors->strategy tester and then i do something else here or just push run button?

Hull Moving Average

did this EA ever get a Hull added to it? just wondered.. and if not.. i will ask.. Why not.. why would you leave the hull out of this almost perfect set up...?

Hi firedave,

Thanks for such a great EA!

I am trying to back test it and am have some difficult, can you suggest to starting settings for the EA that would work well with a mini account? Everything I have tried so far losses all the funds plus some.

thanks!

jerzhere