Universal MA Cross EA - page 14

Thanks for the answer! BTW I'm using your EA in forward test since yesterday. It's still a long test cause i'm using it in timeframe h4 with EMA 20 & 50.

Glad to see you back again Dave!

While you were offline I had several situations that has caused me concern about the MinDistCross variable.

While it does an excellent job in preventing false crossover signals (if set properly), it hinders in getting into a position when the currency rises or falls very fast. The angle in which the short term moving average can make can be close to a 70 degree angle in a fast moving event. When using the MinDistCross with this type of move, it does not work very good.

2 times I put 4 or 5 as the MinDistCross and by the time the trade executed, the currency had already moved 25 - 30 pips, plus I got stopped out on 2 false signals using this gap size. [1 hr, 5 - 35 EMA]. To properly eliminate false signals, the MinDistCross has to be set to 6 or 8, which really messes up a fast moving rise or fall.

Suggestion: Before you went offline you were looking for a filter. Maybe the Juice indicator is that filter. Setting the trigger level in the indicator to .0012 or .0013 may help in getting into a fast rising or falling trade if used in conjunction with the MinDistCross and MaxLookUP feature?? I am attaching a slightly modified Juice indicator - Test it out on a 1 hour graph around crossovers of 5 - 35 EMA.

Question: Many false crossovers occur during quiet trading hours. Your program has a start and stop hour. Does it also have included in the stop hour a feature to close out all active trades?? If it does not, it needs to, or at least have this as an option.

I will check out the fix on the MaxLookUp. I am glad to see you back online I will talk with you later! Enjoy the day!

Dave <

P.S. Thanks Dave for the Visual explanation of the third MA. One picture is worth a thousand words!

Dave <

Strategy Tester help

Hey .. I want something dat should work in the strategy tester.

I should be able to change the values of the 2 EMA.

I dont want the 3rd one.

If i can change timescales it'll be amazing.

I am very new to this.

I modified the settings. But couldnt get it to work in the strategy tester.

Any step by step or rather.. baby-step by baby step guide on the strategy tester wid the moving average crossover is wht i really want, please help me

Failure to Launch

The new fix did not trigger any trades. I switched to the 5 minute scale and had the v 7.1 on 4 graphs, unfortunately, nothing triggered over last night. There was plenty of opportunity for a trigger, but evidently something must be lacking in the coding. So close, yet so far as they say. Any help from the peanut gallery to fix this MinDistCross and MaxLookUp function in this program?? Any help would be appreciated as your continued help is FireDave. If anybody has a fix, try it on the 5 minute scale using 5 - 35 EMA to see it triggers or not. It looks so easy to do, but coding can be so difficult.

Dave <

iscuba11:
The new fix did not trigger any trades. I switched to the 5 minute scale and had the v 7.1 on 4 graphs, unfortunately, nothing triggered over last night. There was plenty of opportunity for a trigger, but evidently something must be lacking in the coding. So close, yet so far as they say. Any help from the peanut gallery to fix this MinDistCross and MaxLookUp function in this program?? Any help would be appreciated as your continued help is FireDave. If anybody has a fix, try it on the 5 minute scale using 5 - 35 EMA to see it triggers or not. It looks so easy to do, but coding can be so difficult.
Dave <

Hi Dave, it's my mistake. I should use iTime but I write iOpen DUH ! . I will change it and test the EA first before posting it again. Thank you for checking up this feature

iscuba11:
Dave <

Okay, I fixed it, tested it, and now it should be work. Posted on post #1. Let me know if you still got the same problem. Hope this help

pranav29:
Hey .. I want something dat should work in the strategy tester.

I should be able to change the values of the 2 EMA.

I dont want the 3rd one.

If i can change timescales it'll be amazing.

I am very new to this.

I modified the settings. But couldnt get it to work in the strategy tester.

Any step by step or rather.. baby-step by baby step guide on the strategy tester wid the moving average crossover is wht i really want, please help me

Hi, the default setting should meet your requirement. Please post your setting if you still got problem. I'm already fixed some bug, so you would need to download the EA again. Hope this help

need to change time frame the third MA

Hi Dave! I think the third MA should be from D1 time frame or bigger time frame than two others that cross. Because it function as a trend MA. It just some idea to change time frame of the third MA!

surya4trade:
Hi Dave! I think the third MA should be from D1 time frame or bigger time frame than two others that cross. Because it function as a trend MA. It just some idea to change time frame of the third MA!

Okay, I will add that future on next release. Thank you for the idea