Universal MA Cross EA - page 9

Divergence

What I mean is what you already have in the EA called MinCrossDistance but it only needs to be applied to the two faster. That setting can't be applied to the 6/10 cross on the TF60. Only need it for the 1/3 LWMA's.

novafx99:
What I mean is what you already have in the EA called MinCrossDistance but it only needs to be applied to the two faster. That setting can't be applied to the 6/10 cross on the TF60. Only need it for the 1/3 LWMA's.

Hi nova, thank you for the clarification. I'll try to add ThirdMA and FourthMA cross filter

Entry

The thing that might be tricky is that we don't enter on the 1/3 cross. We enter on the cross of the 6/10 when the 1/3 have X pips pips distance between them. Another thing that is useful regarding the third "dividing line MA" is not just saying above for long/below for short. It's most use ful if you have settings for that third MA which could be called push and pull.

For example, if you are using the 50 LWMA as the dividing line you could say I want price to be 20 pips above it for long or 20 pips below it for short. Push=20. If we are selling down into the 50 LWMA or buying up into it, we want our pull to be at least 10 pips more than our TP because price will often stop and get tangled in the 50 LWMA. So if your TP is 40 then your pull should be 50. If your TP is 30 then your pull should be 40. This prevents a long trade from being opened only a few pips below it which would hurt our chances of reaching our TP but it doesn't limit buying below it or selling above it completely. I've found this works well.

I've also found that using the daily pivots indicator to determine TP and SL is very helpful. If the distance between the pivot and S1/R1 is at least 60 pips then it's safe to go for TP of 40, SL of 40. If it's less than 55 pips between the pivot and S1 or R1 then I go for a TP of 30 with SL of 35.

HI Dave,

I have noticed one thing in you EA and that is its placing 2 or more trades when the first position is even open.......can you make it so that it open only 1 trade per crossing....and wait until the next conditions meet...

Thanks

Babar

babarmughal:
HI Dave,

I have noticed one thing in you EA and that is its placing 2 or more trades when the first position is even open.......can you make it so that it open only 1 trade per crossing....and wait until the next conditions meet...

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar, can you PM / email me your setting so I could check it ? Maybe the OneEntryPerBar still false ? Hope this help

Complete n00b question....

I put the EA on the chart...but it doesn't draw the MA's on the chart....is there a way to do that?

hi firedave,

it seems that there is a bug in v5.

the EA opens two possitions in the same direction, even if i set MaxOpenTrade to 1. Even bigger problem is, that the trailing SL is not working in the second posittion.

i have also one feature request: possibility to close all open possitions on friday evening

thanx

robik

RoBiK:
hi firedave,

it seems that there is a bug in v5.

the EA opens two possitions in the same direction, even if i set MaxOpenTrade to 1. Even bigger problem is, that the trailing SL is not working in the second posittion.

i have also one feature request: possibility to close all open possitions on friday evening

thanx

robik

yes I have noticed....it does...

i have realized, that the trailing stop works only if we are already in profit at least by the trailing stop value. so actualy because the second order opened later with worser price, there was no trailing for the second order, because it was not in profit, but the forst order already was. so this is no error.

could you also make it optional, that the trailing stop works also if we are not yet in profit?.

another feature could be: instead of clasic trailing stop use alexander elder's safe zone - more sophisticated stop setting

thanx

robik

HI ,

Is there someone forward testing this EA ????

Thanks

Babar