The "XO"-Method......... - page 20

to hoggzilla

can you share indicator from your imager

indicator is above 4 zz tf xo

i think HTI oscilator with green and red zones

thanks

XO Questions

Hi,

I have attached my X0 chart and I have some questions about the set up. First off, why do I have red and green bars on the same time frame chart; for example 15 and 5 minute XO indicators on the 15 minute chart, for the time period 13:30 (see circled area) have both green and red bars? I have seen other charts and they are either all green or all red bars. I have the ZZ MTF X0 A and XO indicator loaded in the same indicator window, Kirp setting is 7 for the ZZ MTF X0 and the XO indicators on all charts. I see some people use 5 as the Kirp setting. I don't see much difference if it's set to 5 or set to 7, which is the better setting?

Also, I can't find anywhere on this thread the explanation on how to use the ASCTrendsig1, ASCTrend1 or ASCTrend2 indicators? The only thing I know about the ASCTrendsig1 is it paints a yellow dot above the candle for a long trade and below the candle for a short trade. The other indicators paint blue and pink bars on the candles themselves and blue and pink small dots above and below candles. I am just not sure how these indicators are used to trade the XO method?

Files:

ForexBoss:
can you share indicator from your imager

indicator is above 4 zz tf xo

i think HTI oscilator with green and red zones

thanks

I have updated the previous indicator with options for the KirPER for each of the 4 TimeFrames. It can be downloaded from previous post.

I have attached the HTI (Hybrid Trend Index). It is really simple, a compilation of 6 other indexes. RSI, CCI, DeMarker, Stochastic, Williams %Range and Money Flow Index. The HTI-Osc is just a visual histogram representation of the HTI. I think it has promise but I am focusing on the XO method. The TSI is also similar and I use it for trend confirmations. All attached.

Files:
hti.mq4  5 kb
hti_osc.mq4  5 kb
tsi.mq4  4 kb

Also, I can't find anywhere on this thread the explanation on how to use the ASCTrendsig1, ASCTrend1 or ASCTrend2 indicators? The only thing I know about the ASCTrendsig1 is it paints a yellow dot above the candle for a long trade and below the candle for a short trade. The other indicators paint blue and pink bars on the candles themselves and blue and pink small dots above and below candles. I am just not sure how these indicators are used to trade the XO method?

Hi Downunderdave,

As far as I know the ASCTrendSig indicator paints a signal on top of the candle for a short trade and vice-versa. As to the ASCTrend2 indicator I don't know how to use it.

HoggZilla:
Thanks to VideoJ. He created this indicator and posted it on the SBFX thread. It combines the 4 XO TF's into one window.

EDIT: Just ignore the middle indicator on the picture. I am working on an XO substitute that is a little more reactive. If it pans out I will post.

EDIT: Updated the screenshot and indicator.

Hi HoggZilla, good work and thanks for sharing with us. Just one word of caution, I noticed that your settings are "incorrect" or is it deliberate? My settings are 60/5 ; 30/7 ; 15/7 ; 5/7.

I will post another posting seperately to inform everyone that I find that by adding the 240/5 (NB) to the list on the 5m-chart, it increased the "certainty" of the trade so much more IMHO.

Good trading.

downunderdave40:
Hi,

I have attached my X0 chart and I have some questions about the set up. First off, why do I have red and green bars on the same time frame chart; for example 15 and 5 minute XO indicators on the 15 minute chart, for the time period 13:30 (see circled area) have both green and red bars? I have seen other charts and they are either all green or all red bars. I have the ZZ MTF X0 A and XO indicator loaded in the same indicator window, Kirp setting is 7 for the ZZ MTF X0 and the XO indicators on all charts. I see some people use 5 as the Kirp setting. I don't see much difference if it's set to 5 or set to 7, which is the better setting?

Dave, I use the following settings with great success and please do not be fooled by the slight difference between 5 / 7 settings - it makes for better entries, believe me. 60/5; 30/7; 15/7 and 5/7.

Also, I can't find anywhere on this thread the explanation on how to use the ASCTrendsig1, ASCTrend1 or ASCTrend2 indicators?

I only use the AscTrend1Sig_no_Sound, hence the single Yellow Dot - uncomplicated and highly effective set with Money Management @ 3. Hope this helps. (Please see my posyting hereafter regarding what I believe, is an even better option

The only thing I know about the ASCTrendsig1 is it paints a yellow dot above the candle for a long trade and below the candle for a short trade. The other indicators paint blue and pink bars on the candles themselves and blue and pink small dots above and below candles. I am just not sure how these indicators are used to trade the XO method?

Trust this helps.

Improved observation...............

I have been running the 240/5 ZZ_MTF_XO_A in addition to the ones already known, with outstanding performance. Personally it is almost as if it is giving one more "tummy-comfort" and usually keeps you out of troubled waters.

Please would those of you (Money-Line et al) that have been so supportive of this method, hook it up with your charts and let me know whether my observation is correct.

Much appreciated. Attached my present 5m-screen.

Files:
xo-method.gif  24 kb

Hi Valeo,

Is it the same indicator as in post 192?

moneyline

moneyline:
Hi Valeo,

Is it the same indicator as in post 192?

moneyline

Hi MoneyLine, yes it is. Sorry for the confusion, I just copied the name from my Indicatorlist.

I am very impressed with this new 4_TF_XO !! Just form what I see right now and this short retracement on GBP/USD.

HoggZilla:
Thanks to VideoJ. He created this indicator and posted it on the SBFX thread. It combines the 4 XO TF's into one window.

EDIT: Just ignore the middle indicator on the picture. I am working on an XO substitute that is a little more reactive. If it pans out I will post.

EDIT: Updated the screenshot and indicator.

HoggZilla and VideoJ, this is very, very SHARP, guys!! Great work and thanks again.