EA on remote servers ? - page 19

VPS RIP OFF.. Commercial Network Services

Just a heads up..... Commercial Networks Services..CNS has some very serious problems. Barry although a very cordial guy....has a very bad server....During the last months their server has been locked up/ unavailable on numerous occasions...had I not been monitoring my accounts the losses would have been HUGE!!. The customer service has been non existent....Stay AWAY.....It has been NON STOP BS....... Just a very small sample of what to expect below....I could fill pages with their excuses......

//----------------------------------------------------

We trapped the error. Appears to be RAM.

Machine Check Event reported is a fatal memory hierarchy error.

Trasaction Type: 1

Memory Hierarchy Level: 2

Request Type: 0

Address: 0

We are taking the node down tomorrow to replace the CPU & RAM (usually done as a pair in production machines).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Barry Bahrami

//----------------------------------------------------

I believe the problem was trapped. the tech is looking at it now.

Thank you,

Barry Bahrami

Commercial Network Services

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

This node has experienced a stop error. We are investigating the trouble now and will keep you updated by service advisory.

Thank you,

Barry Bahrami

//-------------------------------------------..

We experienced an IP problem in san diego due to abuse from the inside (in a subscribed VE). The offending VE has been identified and shut down. Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thank you,

Barry Bahrami

I've been using them since very long, and I'm currenlty owning 2 VPS + managing several others, without any problem of that kind.

I had in 10 months * 6 servers (making nearly 60 months for a single user) ONE problem, resolved in 1 hour chrono. I always got quick reply from Barry and the team.

I'm sorry you had bad times with CNS, but I'm a happy CNS customer so far

Cheers,

GE

Utilizing Amazon's Cloud

Hey everyone, I'm trying to figure out whether or not to buy into Amazon's cloud computing service. I'm thinking it would be good to get a backtester or even an optimizer up there so I can get my results faster.

Another option is hosting the EA there and using Amazon as an alternative to a traditional VPS.

Thoughts?

VPS Review ADD YOURS

I found a lot of scattered links. So, let's save some time here.

No lag time, solid company large enough, with set up for MT 4.

I found a great price, with security guard, 4 backbones in an office building.

Problem: when I needed to set up MT 4, it costs 50.00 a month for "tech support" unless you want to become a network Server programmer.

Thanks

console mode of RDP to my VPS

hello there everyone,

i assume that like most of u i use RDP to connect my VPS. i've moderated a console mode shortcut following the instructions of ckyoung in this thread. the problem is: the console mode functions only from certain computer- and not from another. from another computer i am connected via new session, which cause my mt4 platforms to run agian from my startup folder, which causes double trades.

does anyone else has this problem? please help

i used to have this problem but i moved from vps to a much better dedicated server. a lil more exspensive but it's good now. anyways, make sure you disconnect first from wherever you are then reconnect at the next computer. sometimes, when i would close charts without removing EA's, I saw this happening as well. but now it will automatically disconnect from one compuetr if I connect to another computer with the company i am with

thanks for the reply

could u please recomand yourr dedicated server service? the ones which i m familiared with cost around 200-250$, which is too much.

thanks ahead, guy melloul.

ARBAT:
thats a good find, I found this software (firedaemon) for automatic start. It also includes a schedule feature, which I find very beneficial.

firedaemon also failed

saltcafe:
Hmmm ... while I'm not here to endorse MS, I suspect that if srvany.exe did not work on VPS, then it is more of a problem between the chair and the keyboard (if you know what I mean) Unless I'm totally way off base here, then a VPS is an exclusive copy of the machine and the operating system for your use only. If you are an admin on such a system, then regardless if it is physical or virtual, you can do whatever you like. There are no differences from an application point of view.

I wish you were right.

faizuuu:
Guy I think the idea for mt4 to run as service on booting will not work as per me.

Because service run in back ground , mt4 has been made as an Application so I think I wont run unless you login , after you login I can run easily by adding it shortcut to the startup.

If you guys need server for testing the EA I can offer my but only for demo account just send me a pm and I will think about it

"Well i work as network enginer i have good idea about network device but about windows i am not so good so it could be wrong also "

"XYNTServiceProject" sent before is a great tool, working.