EA on remote servers ? - page 14

InTrance:
I'm not talking about a remote server but about a local PC of mine

It's probably your IPS. I use to run several terminals on a local machine and I was using 10 to 20 gigs of bandwidth per month. They keep remotely rebooting my modem. Most home/retail IP services won't allow that level of usage. A hosted server is much cheaper than a T3 or other commerical IPS...

riffster:
It's probably your IPS. I use to run several terminals on a local machine and I was using 10 to 20 gigs of bandwidth per month. They keep remotely rebooting my modem. Most home/retail IP services won't allow that level of usage. A hosted server is much cheaper than a T3 or other commerical IPS...

My plan is unlimited but my modem could reboot when I'm away. Wouldn't that freeze all the terminals though?

InTrance:
My plan is unlimited but my modem could reboot when I'm away. Wouldn't that freeze all the terminals though?

Yes, it did... well, to be more clear, my EA's would go offline, but the terminals usually reconnect after a bit. I figured it out by looking at my journal and experts log. I haven't had any issues with my server and it's nice because I can login from anywhere to check on my trades...

My server is only $139 per month, but you can probably find a simple windows server much cheaper these days. Just too lazy to change plans and move all the files, lol....

hosting server

Where i can find a dedicated servers service with a good price?

(if possibile on England location)

thanks

derekz:
Where i can find a dedicated servers service with a good price?

(if possibile on England location)

thanks

Google helps: dedicated servers uk - Google Search

dear friend

I know Google ... I want to know direct experiences of users.

I use SWVPS. Ideal If your running one or two terminals simultainously, not so great if your forward testing say 10 EAs across a lot of terminals but for me it gets the job done. And it's dirt cheap (Under 10$)

georgecotton:
I use SWVPS. Ideal If your running one or two terminals simultainously, not so great if your forward testing say 10 EAs across a lot of terminals but for me it gets the job done. And it's dirt cheap (Under 10$)

You use wine to run MT? How does that work for you?

Any way to contact a running EA remotely?

Say you are away from the PC running the EA. You want to send it some instructions from another PC, like stop trading/disable EA etc.

Any ideas?