APE Average Peak Excursion Indicator?

In the April 2006, TA Stocks and Commodities, C. Young introduces his APE indicators. Of course in the back of the mag all the major platforms show how to program this indicator fot each platform. Unfortunatelly, metatrader is not one of these trading systems.

So here is my obvious request. has anybody taken the time to program this indicator? If you do not have acces to the article, it should be online, I can post the details.

They posted the indicator at VTTrader and I have found it very usefull. I would just prefer to have it in Metatrader. I prefer to manual trade in VTTrader, but as we all know, metatrader is much better for automatic trading systems and backtesting!

The APE indicator helps you determine your reward vs Risk, and it helps to determine the optimal trading timeframe. It shows which stocks are trending the most in a directional basis. I would like to apply its methods to the spot forex market. I will post the formula section of the indicator in VTTrader.

Thanks, any input would be appreciated, especially if you think I am wasting my time with this indicator, I have only been at this for about 6mos. TY

Looking forward to it.

Pippy,

Could you talk a bit more about how this indicator behaves and what it's benefits are?

~Nebula