How to protect itself from the broker? - page 2

Hi Bruno,

Sorry I didn't see your thread sooner but, interesting question.

There are ways, that have already been mentioned, to "disguise" the EA you are using. The only time the application should be sending any info out is when it runs some sort of direct command to the provider (e.g. OrderSend, OrderClose, OrderModify, etc.). But if we're really paranoid, there could always be some extra info transmitted to the provider when an EA issues those instructions. The only way to check would be to run an order and then systematically watch the stream to see what's in there. But that still would not be conclusive.

I think it is more likely that they will just know you are using an EA, but not necessarily which one. The instructions sent to the provider are probably different when they are sent through an EA vs. a direct order using the trading interface. If the EA is a really profitable one, that would be enough for them to want to try to defeat it.

A good thing to do is to install a firewall. This will alert you if some application is trying to send out information from your machine without you knowing about it. A good (free) one is ZoneAlarm.

Weazel

Yes he has

newdigital:
I know that some people do not use stop loss.

Never.

And some other people are using EA which is not placing stop loss and profit level on the chart.

Of course they are closing the orders accourding to the sl and tp and everything is modified. But these levels are not visible in the charts for the brokers for example.

I know that some new EAs are developing some russians now (Tartan) and those EAs are not placing anything (but everything is placing and modifying).

But it is exceptional cases.

I have been on a russian site (these are very talented people) and mr. Tartan has developed some little code source that protects your stop losses and take profits to be seen by the broker. I've downloaded it somewhere in my computer, but it is no use for you guys, because it is in MQLII. Anyway it is worth to see sometimes what they are doing. And they are very generous, too. The codes that mr. Tartan wirites, he distributes them freely.

Good luck,

Lietuve

Hello Weasel,

Thank you for your interest to this thread and indeed, without being paranoiac, one can put some question especially on this subject when the ea is advantageous. Concerning the firewall and other safety measures, I am already well in place.

I think "hiding" your true SL and TP in your orders is a good idea, so that the brokers won't get ideas to go stop-hunting on your EA. The problem here is that you could lose connectivity and then your EA will suffer a bigger loss in the case of a downturn in your trade.

Also, can they see our source (.mq4) file? Even if we "hide" our SL's and TP's is there a possibility that they can view our source files since they're in the same folder as the executable (ex4) file? Should we have our source and our executable files in different locations to be even more protected from brokers?

Trying not to be too paranoid, but if your EA is winning a lot, that means someone on the other end is losing, right?

Sigh, you work so hard to put something great together that can beat the market and then you have to worry about beating the dealers too.... this is just like Vegas all over again, the house always wins.

Juan

jhernandez:
I think "hiding" your true SL and TP in your orders is a good idea, so that the brokers won't get ideas to go stop-hunting on your EA. The problem here is that you could lose connectivity and then your EA will suffer a bigger loss in the case of a downturn in your trade.

Also, can they see our source (.mq4) file? Even if we "hide" our SL's and TP's is there a possibility that they can view our source files since they're in the same folder as the executable (ex4) file? Should we have our source and our executable files in different locations to be even more protected from brokers?

Trying not to be too paranoid, but if your EA is winning a lot, that means someone on the other end is losing, right?

Sigh, you work so hard to put something great together that can beat the market and then you have to worry about beating the dealers too.... this is just like Vegas all over again, the house always wins.

Juan

As I remember the EA with hidden stop loss, trailing stop and ptofit levels were coded by Igorad (for MT4). As I understand it is just pieces of the codes and we may insert it in any EA. So it is not a secret anymore. Just few codes which may be placed inside EA.

And concerning to Profit/Loss protected codes so Codersrugu is having the good article for that. All the articles are here and profit protector code is here.

But the brokers are having different data. Sometimes very different. So it may be good idea to have data from one broker trading on the other one. I mean: EA is trading with IBFX having all the data and signals from Alpari. In this case we will not care about any broker anymore.

For example, DayTrading3 EA with timefilter may be profitable for some period of time with Alpari data and not profitable with IBFX data. So, it may be good to have some tool: just attach EA to the chart with IBFX broker but with alpari data only refreashing live. So EA is taking all the data from alpari but modifying/open/close the order with IBFX.

Avoiding Stops being taken out by broker

NewDigital,

There was a thread not too long ago where people came up with ideas how not to submit in a trade ticket a hard stop loss or trailing stop and allow the program to close the position versus the broker closing the position or the broker possible taking out the trade by nailing the stop loss. This has happened to me several times in the past and I am now at the stage of wanting to code a method of not using a hard stop loss. Can you find the thread again for me on this topic??

Dave

Found this thread only (i moved your post to here). But as I remember it was few other threads about hidden stop loss.

It may be this one as an example https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173670

Hidden SL and TP

Hello, just wondering if someone can show me the code to put in an EA to hide the SL and TP.

Thank you

choose a high reputation broker !