Profit Generator EA results - page 5

So far so bad

6 losers in a row. Open trades are 1 loser, 1 winner. I'm just trading 1 lot on a mini so not a huge deal yet .... but that's more consecutive losers than I saw the entire time demo'ing.

Also, I pulled USDJPY based on holyguy's comments above. So I'm just running the EA on EURUSD, GPBUSD, USCHF, all on H1 TF.

We'll see how the day plays out.

TraderGeek:
6 losers in a row. Open trades are 1 loser, 1 winner. I'm just trading 1 lot on a mini so not a huge deal yet .... but that's more consecutive losers than I saw the entire time demo'ing.

Also, I pulled USDJPY based on holyguy's comments above. So I'm just running the EA on EURUSD, GPBUSD, USCHF, all on H1 TF.

We'll see how the day plays out.

How long was it in those positions before the breakout?

Rant Follow up

I caught this rant by Sada in another thread:

That makes sense. Sheep mentality is pervasive in forums.

The problem is a lot of people just wait for the others to test it and never contribute any statements of forward test to the public.

I can't call them leechers but it just irritate me when only a few attach statements regulary. What's so hard about exporting a statement from MT4, posting in a forum and hitting the attach button?!?!? Lazy #$@!&... :P

Sorry to rant about this but it's my pet peeve.

Good luck on your testings and looking forward to exchange settings & statements with you.

Sada

Is there anyone who is contirbuting to this EA- opposed to taking this to a member only group for further testing and development; leech free? ...or is that a little overboard? Some feedback please!

Nicholishen:
I caught this rant by Sada in another thread: Is there anyone who is contirbuting to this EA- opposed to taking this to a member only group for further testing and development; leech free? ...or is that a little overboard? Some feedback please!

Nich, That accually sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about it for a while. We need testers that are going to contribute and not just copy and leech off other's work. I know I started the thread but I really think going to the Elite Section might be a way to go on this now.

Nicholishen:
I caught this rant by Sada in another thread: Is there anyone who is contirbuting to this EA- opposed to taking this to a member only group for further testing and development; leech free? ...or is that a little overboard? Some feedback please!

Hehehe... I just want more people to forwards test EAs of the forum and post their statement more often.

I did a similar rant 2 months ago because we have about 5800 users and so few are participating in testing. It's a pity. It's their lose and ours.

I think we should keep it public. The elitist way is not a good one. Who knows who is out there who would give us a helping hand in our effort?!!?

My 2 cents.

Sada

holyguy7:
Nich, That accually sounds like a good idea. I was thinking about it for a while. We need testers that are going to contribute and not just copy and leech off other's work. I know I started the thread but I really think going to the Elite Section might be a way to go on this now.

Let's not use the elite section because not all of the people who are helping have subscriptions. Instead, we should start an fx group on yahoo or msn...

I suppose I'm a leech

I'm more than happy to test and post statements, etc. But the reason I haven't contributed more than I have is ... bottom line ... I'm not as smart as you guys.

At least when it comes to FOREX. But let me know what I need to do to not be considered a "leech".

TraderGeek

Nicholishen:
How long was it in those positions before the breakout?

Not sure I understand the question. In terms of how long the trades lasted, it seems to vary. The 6 losers were as follows:

2.5 hours

1 hour

4.5 hours

4 minutes

3.5 hours

2.5 hours

BTW, it's added 1 winner and there are 3 open positions now, all in loss.

As someone new to MT......

Hi,

I hear what you are saying, it is understandable that your hard work should pay off for you and not to others who have not contributed. I do think it is unlikely many people who do not find interest in helping test will use this EA when completed testing because they will not have confidence in it. Also if they are not testing because of lack of technical ability, then they would not have technical ability to run the EA and all the things that go along with running an automated system. It is much harder than just downloading a profitable EA.

I think possibly an issue with the low number of people involved in testing this EA is that few forex traders are familiar with trading based on price action alone, and that aspect of PG makes it seem a bit hard to grasp how it is working. Also there has been alot of tweaking to get profitable results and even then at later time those settings are no longer being profitable. So, much patience is necessary.

I have been watching this thread with interest. I have no idea how to run an EA or do any testing either forward or backtesting. I have no idea how to edit an EA or indicator to change settings or anything. Yet I would be highly interested in using an automated method. I should take the time to learn these skills so I may contribute to something that shows promise. I believe if you hide this thread for yourselves because you don't want someone to get something for nothing that you are both overestimating the ability of people to use an EA to trade live, and underestimating the possiblity of an unknown person giving you help or insight that otherwise you would never know.

My 2 cents :-)

~Nebula

Nicholishen:
Let's not use the elite section because not all of the people who are helping have subscriptions. Instead, we should start an fx group on yahoo or msn...

Second that!!