Too many MT4 platforms limitation!?!? - page 3

Dee I'm not sure, will save my Reg hive & have a play & get back to you.

Cheers

Jorgka

jorgka, could you assist me in setting up an additional MT4 platform on my PC. Could I just simply rename my current Program file folder and then download another from the same source?

Thanks.

Pip Trip:
jorgka, could you assist me in setting up an additional MT4 platform on my PC. Could I just simply rename my current Program file folder and then download another from the same source? Thanks.

Pip Trip,

Even easier is downloading a new platform and renaming it something else. Of course your way works as well.

gl/gt,

dee

deeforex:
Pip Trip,

Even easier is downloading a new platform and renaming it something else. Of course your way works as well.

gl/gt,

dee

oh yeah - thanks. I just did, one thing I noticed though was that instead of setting up a new folder with all of the contents like in my original platform, it spread all of the different folders (experts, templates, etc) around under program files. (wonder why? hmmm)

Question re: number of MT4 on computer

Hello

I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I currently have two instances of MT4 (two different accounts) running on my computer. Both have different EAs

I realize that the answer may depend on my computer and internet connection, (both are "good").

Does any one know if running a third instance of MT4 would be a problem?

How many do people have running?

Second question: if running two many instances of MT4 is problematic, does any one know of a good service where I could "rent" computer space to run another MT4 (or two) and VPN into my account

Thanks!

Keith

pgpb:
Hello

I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I currently have two instances of MT4 (two different accounts) running on my computer. Both have different EAs

I realize that the answer may depend on my computer and internet connection, (both are "good").

Does any one know if running a third instance of MT4 would be a problem?

How many do people have running?

Second question: if running two many instances of MT4 is problematic, does any one know of a good service where I could "rent" computer space to run another MT4 (or two) and VPN into my account

Thanks!

Keith

Hi,

you can run multiple MT4 instances on the same computer, but they must be located at different folders. You just need to copy MT4 folder for each additional instance.

By the way, I have also developed a tool to run up to about 20 MT4 instances in an easy way, all of them can have different account at different brokers, and also with different EA.

See StrategyBuilderFX for more info.

Jeff

SYMPTOMS

When you run a large number of Windows-based programs, "Out Of Memory" error messages appear when you attempt to start new programs or try to use programs that are already running, even though you still have plenty of physical and pagefile memory available.

CAUSE

This behavior can occur if the desktop heap in the WIN32 subsystem is depleted.

"Out of Memory" error message appears when you have a large number of programs running

---

You can safely increase the value discussed in the article above. It will permit you to run more applications at one time, be it browser windows, MT4, whatever.

If all the limitations are solved....does it mean we can make more profits in real trading ? I don't think the limitation affect our trading.

rdnzl999:
SYMPTOMS

When you run a large number of Windows-based programs, "Out Of Memory" error messages appear when you attempt to start new programs or try to use programs that are already running, even though you still have plenty of physical and pagefile memory available.

CAUSE

This behavior can occur if the desktop heap in the WIN32 subsystem is depleted.

"Out of Memory" error message appears when you have a large number of programs running

---

You can safely increase the value discussed in the article above. It will permit you to run more applications at one time, be it browser windows, MT4, whatever.

So what is your point of this response?

Someone ran into limitations of the OS. I did too, in the past.

I posted the solution to the problem.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know what could be the reason for using 30 MT4 instances, or even 2?

Just curious to know the kind of trading style that would be.

Thanks,

JForex.