Need assistance with Metatrader 4

Hi Everyone:

This Forex trading is brand new to me. I was a stock and options trader a while ago. Took a big hit from 2000-2003 (wiped me out). Now I am trying to get back in the trading environment. If you could please advise me how to get started with Metatrader 4. I would like to get my "feet wet" before I risk any money without knowing what I am doing. My computer already has the download of Metatrader 4 on it. Is there a way to get a long term demo account until I have enough funds to trade (in addition to knowing what I am doing)? Codersguru, thanks for the lessons about Metatrader 4. I am trying to grasp the concepts, but it will take me some time before I can participate intelligently with you folks here. Thanks for your assistance, if anyone is able to help me out.

JBendar

Righ mouse click on "Account" in navigator and select "open account" and follow the instruction.

newdigital:
Righ mouse click on "Account" in navigator and select "open account" and follow the instruction.

Thanks for helping me out. I found a web site called Money Rain in Austria that works using Metatrader 4 platform. I haven't been able to figure out if it has the capacity to make trades (since it is a perpetual demo account).