Variable Moving Average

cockeyedcowboy:
iGoR This is the AMA a variable moving average designed by Perry Kaufman. As described in his book Smarter Trading. It changes speed from a 3 period EMA to 400+ period EMA. based on the squaring of the ER calculation. Ive only looked at the code but it appears to be correct as described in Perrys book.

Hy CC,

Long time no see...

Strange but I had this indicator for some time but never realy looked into it.

I tweakend the settings and indeed I get the same shape of MA as with the VAR MA in metastock.

TNX very much for pointing this out to me.

iGoR

levels

Hy CC,

In this indicator it is not possible to add levels to this MA like with the default MA. Would it be possible that you could add this to this indicator so one can add levels in pips to this var MA.

TNX very much in advance..iGoR

Hi CC,

If this would be to much work then you don't have to do this because I solved it by placing an ema 1 with levels on top of the variable MA.

iGoR

Hi,

I'm also looking for the variable moving average for MT4.

How did you tweek this indicator to be the same as the VMA?

What settings should I use?

Thanks

iGoR

This is the AMA a variable moving average designed by Perry Kaufman. As described in his book Smarter Trading. It changes speed from a 3 period EMA to 400+ period EMA. based on the squaring of the ER calculation. Ive only looked at the code but it appears to be correct as described in Perrys book.